MKM001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
MKM001 said:
Hi All.

I know im new here so please every1 go gentle with me lol.......

I installed the v.17 of the wii shop channel

then i installed IOS56, IOS57, & IOS70 using DOP Ios v8 and everything works great!

the next step i have planned is to HEX edit the system menu 4.2 and install it through WAD manager!
i have a couple of questions if anyone could help it would be great!

If i HEX edit the system menu 4.2 do i still need the preloader 4.2 hack enabled?

im using system menu 4.1E at the moment and i have downloaded the files from NUS downloader to hex
edit the system menu but i dont have a 000000008.a file..... does any1 know if there is a diffent file used
for the "E" version of 4.2?

STOP. DO NOTHING. And wait for an official release.

Thats like someone telling me that i have to wait untill christmas morning to get my presents! ...... i want them now ! lol

On a more serious point i think this way of updating is good safe and very secure! i cant see anything wrong with it! (but if there is anything that updating this way doesnt cover then please some1 shout at me! ) only downside is you have to HEX edit the system menu yourself! if there was somewhere hosting the HEXED system menu ..... it would be a great soloution. . .

and for those of you who think its a better idea to wait id rather have it sorted and out of the way! knowing there is a system update hanging around in the backround for my wii is so annoying! i would rather just be on the latest edition and have no concerns about compatability or needing certain files for running homebrew! .....

and out of curiousity does any one know if you would still need the preloader patch running? ......

MKM001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
another poitn!

does anyone know why preloader on the wiibrew site is hosted as 0.30 and the download link is for 0.29.....

is there a 0.30? or is this some joke?

and if tis real where do i get it?

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So guys, after reading 72 pages ...

Don't panic, don't update and don't install "hex hacked" System Menus or Title ID "fixed" HBC's!

Bannerbomb, HackMii Installer and BootMii will be back soon!

QUOTE said:
We are currently testing an updated version of the HackMii Installer, which will be able to reinstall the Homebrew Channel, DVDX and BootMii (just as before). Indiana Pwns should still work; I’d imagine a new version of Smash Stack will still work. Bannerbomb does not seem to work in its current form, but it remains to be seen how it was blocked and whether it can be made to work again.

Summary for changes in SM 4.2:

QUOTE* Enhanced system menu — now with a new iplESMisc.cpp::DeleteTicketsForce function that runs after verifySavedataZD, upon every boot of the system. In addition to looking for the Twilight Hack and deleting it if found, it will now look for title-IDs DVDX and HAXX (the latter being the Homebrew Channel) and delete them if found.

* Updated boot2 — All Wiis that shipped with boot2v2 or boot2v3 (the first 30 million or so) will have boot2v4 installed. There’s no behavioral difference, here, but it will wipe out BootMii if it is installed as boot2.

* Updated IOSes — updated versions of IOS9, IOS12, IOS13, IOS14, IOS15, IOS17, IOS21, IOS22, IOS28, IOS31, IOS33, IOS34, IOS35, IOS36, IOS37, IOS38, IOS53, IOS55, IOS56, IOS57, IOS60, and IOS61. A new IOS70 is installed for the new System Menu to use. I haven’t looked at the changes in any depth, but they seemed to have fixed the IOS exploit we were using in the most recent HackMii Installer.

* Updated BC, MIOS and IOS254– I’m not really sure what the point of this was, but they probably just rebuilt everything to be safe. They could have used the opportunity to try to overwrite BootMii/IOS, but they didn’t (the version number is lower than that used by BootMii, so it won’t install).

* New stub IOSes installed as IOS222, IOS223, IOS249, and IOS250. This seems to be the only effort made to remove “unauthorized firmware” from the Wii. This may or may not actually work, depending on the version number used in the TMD of the already-installed version of IOS.

* Updated shop channel — this was probably just a routine update of the shop channel, and they probably stopped allowing the older (4.1) version of the shop channel to connect. This is the only actual “carrot” to entice you to update.
< http://hackmii.com/2009/09/wii-menu-4-2-a-...ation/#more-742 >

And ... Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.2 is on the way ...
wink.gif

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can't get the new shop channel to work. I mean, I can access the channel in the Wii Menu, but when I go into GH 5, no music tracks are there. Is it got to do something with my system being (PAL) and the game is NTSC? I tried all methods, but GH 5 still has no tracks. Any idea?

EDIT: It might be that the GH 5 Australian store isn't up yet? Maybe...

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
wow, I never saw Marcan being so nice before, is that really him ?
tongue.gif

this was for sure very interesting posts and cleared some misconceptiosn about your policy, way to go !

If you are still here, I have a question for you: as far as I know, HackMii installer is the only existing application which is able to install fakesigned content on a virgin Wii (ie without patched IOS) and can use various exploits to install the Homebrew Channel, depending on the vulnerable IOS present on the system.

My question is, do you know if Nintendo last update to all IOS was aimed at fixing these exploits , did they fixed them all and even some you knew about but did not use ?

I am also curious how they managed to fix them since they were not publically revealed, neither the code of Hackmii Installer: wouldn't that mean they are more clever than you think ?

About that, you are (you & bushing especially) rather periodically laughing at how nintendo is not smart and did not take the right measure to block things etc , but don't you think they perfectly know what they are doing and those are just steps they are taking carefully to gradually protect their system from intrusion, starting with mainstream hacked/hackable Wiis ?
or maybe it's just your ego who want to tell them that you are way smarter than the ones who were paid to enforce the system protection?
smileipb2.png

vguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
but don't you think they perfectly know what they are doing and those are just steps they are taking carefully to gradually protect their system from intrusion,

You know, the only thing that concerns me is a possible setup for some kind of DirecTV-like plan coming from Ninty... a bunch of meaningless code updates that suddenly combine to form a hack-killer.

nash79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess since it touches boot part, I guess for the first time updating SHOULD NOT BE DONE. cause if i understand well, that mean bye bye BootMii as a boot2 right? If that's the case, our brilliant hackers should find a way to block updates from ninty server at any cost (u know sometimes people happen to update without really planning to do so)

MKM001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WII SYSTEM MENU UPGRADE TUTORIAL 4.1 -> 4.2

Big Thanks to ften for help on this ......

Ok here is my tutorial

I have read over 100 pages of text in the last 48 hours! And this little tutorial worked like a charm on my wii!

This tutorial will work perfectly for upgrading from system menu 4.1 -> 4.2 if you are on a lower version than
4.1 then there is a pretty good tutorial here..

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

of course you should have some previous knowledge of Wii homebrew to use this tutorial! Eg: loading homebrew
and running apps from the homebrew channel

1) Install WII SHOP v17 along with IOS61 using Wii Shop and IOS61 installer through the homebrew channel

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS61_installer

2) Use Dop-IOS v8 to install IOS56, IOS57 & IOS70 through the homebrew channel

Make Sure that when you install IOS56 & IOS57 that you select no to patching the files….

3) Now download NUS Downloader

Open NUS Downloader and enter 0000000100000002 into the “Enter a Title ID Below” box

Now depending on what region wii you have. Enter one of the following into the “v” box

USA = 481
EUR = 482
KOR = 486
JAP = 480

Now Select the "Pack -> WAD" option at the bottom of the program

Now hit Start NUS Download

this will give you a folder called 0000000100000002v###

(### = depending on what version you entered)

4) Now download wwpacker

http://sharebee.com/18ca583f

Extract wwpacker to a folder called packer (or anything else that rocks your boat)

Copy the WAD file made in step 3 to into the packer folder and rename the wad to in.wad

Now run WAD Unpacker.bat in the packer folder…… you should see a dos prompt box appear and tell you everything was sucsessfull ……

now look in your packer folder and you will have a new folder called something like 0000000100000002

5) Now download a free HEX Editor from the internet! You can Google one or use the link below!

http://www.handshake.de/user/chmaas/delphi...d/xvi32_231.zip

run the hex editor and navigate to your 0000000100000002 folder you got from step 4 and open the file named 00000008.app

Once your hex editor has loaded navigate to the OFFSET which corresponds to your wii region

USA = 4AC0
EUR = 4BC0
KOR = 3FBC
JAP = 3FBC

Then change the next 4 Strings to FF FF FF FF

Save you file and then exit your HEX Editor. .

6) Now copy all the files in the 0000000100000002 folder to the parent packer folder and run WAD Packer.bat

When wwpacker is finished you will notice a new out.wad file in your packer folder!!!!

7) Now just install this wad onto your wii using Wadmanager and your Done….

Enjoy

mdp_1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly if you read the last few pages you would realize that you SHOULDN'T DO THIS!
And wait! Don'T HEX EDIT!

Anyways. I tried it. Messed up. Can't use BootMii and HBC. Though, my VC/Wiiware work. Should I reinstall Sytem Menu 4.2 ? (Clean) After they're is a HackMii and BootMii release?
(Oh and (FORGOT XD) What are the chances of bricking the wii if BootMii fails to install)

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
justmike said:
I can't get the new shop channel to work. I mean, I can access the channel in the Wii Menu, but when I go into GH 5, no music tracks are there. Is it got to do something with my system being (PAL) and the game is NTSC? I tried all methods, but GH 5 still has no tracks. Any idea?

EDIT: It might be that the GH 5 Australian store isn't up yet? Maybe...

The NTSC shop doesn't work with the PAL game, as with all the other music games on the Wii.

You can either get yourself a copy of the PAL game or change your shop channel to NTSC, but you'll lose everything you bought on your PAL account.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
vguy said:
Jacobeian said:
but don't you think they perfectly know what they are doing and those are just steps they are taking carefully to gradually protect their system from intrusion,

You know, the only thing that concerns me is a possible setup for some kind of DirecTV-like plan coming from Ninty... a bunch of meaningless code updates that suddenly combine to form a hack-killer.
what a fucking brilliant move. never read such a good anti-hacking-tackle
smile.gif

scrappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It amazes me every time. So much useless updates to meet, so much bricking to be done...

Did you hear the news?
-no, what´s up?

There´s a system update for Wii directly from Nintendo!
-what is it for?

It´s new, it´s called 4.2!

-what is it for?
the update deletes homebrew on your wii! it overwrites all cios versions with unusable stubs and blocks erases HBC!

-But where is the advantage for me, i use homebrew, why should i kill it?
U can manually hexedit the new IOSes and install HBC again!

-Does updating bring me new features?
No.

-Is it forced by Nintendo?
No.

-Are there new games requiring it?
No.

-Is online gaming blocked without the update?
No.

-Has Nintendo any new services needing it?
No. But maybe in the future!

-There is already a new HBC installer on the way, and a 4.2 safe updater from Waninkoko.
-Shouldn´t we simply wait 1 or 2 days before updating?
No, you have to update NOW!

-Why? No new features, not forced, not required by any software, not required online, killing HBC which i have to reinstall.
-Why should anyone update now, safe updating is only a matter of days?
You HAVE to update NOW!

-why?
Because it has written 4.2 all over it, it´s new!

-yeah, right! Last questions: has anyone of you promoters ever considered something useful, like -catching H1N1 or upgrading to a second braincell?

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
scrappy said:
It amazes me every time. So much useless updates to meet, so much bricking to be done...

Did you hear the news?
-no, what´s up?

-what is it for?

-what is it for?
the update deletes homebrew on your wii! it overwrites all cios versions with unusable stubs and blocks erases HBC!

No.

No.

No.

No.

-There is already a new HBC installer on the way, and a 4.2 safe updater from Waninkoko.

-Why? No new features, not forced, not required by any software, not required online, killing HBC which i have to reinstall.
You HAVE to update NOW!

-why?

-yeah, right! Last questions: has anyone of you promoters ever considered something useful, like -catching H1N1 or upgrading to a second braincell?

Brilliant but if we ALL wait there would never be a solution...

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
scrappy said:

Did you hear the news?
-no, what´s up?

-what is it for?

-what is it for?

No.

No.

No.

No.

You HAVE to update NOW!

-why?

Best comment of entire topic award!

Huzzah!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse