Hacking Wii Menu 4.2 Released

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are these updates so interesting to me? I don't wish for updates but something about me just loves seeing all the conversation and what the scene goes through after them. I hope I'm not a bad person.

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
According to this, Nintendo's IOS250 version is 0xFF00 but IOS250 installed by CIOS is 0xFFFF so it couldn't be "removed". And the best thing, IOS250 could be used to install CIOS.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
waninkoko said:
According to this, Nintendo's IOS250 version is 0xFF00 but IOS250 installed by CIOS is 0xFFFF so it couldn't be "removed". And the best thing, IOS250 could be used to install CIOS.
It isn't overwritten
If you installed it before the update it should still be there

hergipotter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Xiphiidae said:
tj_cool said:
And WSR does NOT need 4.1

Wiibrew seems to say "Fixes the bug in Wii Sports Resort with the video of introduction.", and I interpreted 'bug' as something that prevents the game from being played. And I couldn't confirm this as I bought WSR after the 4.1 update.
Well i can confirm, that Wii Sports Resort runs at 3.2 and thats the version i'm staying at for the next time =)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
damn nintendo are getting serious now making updates that seek out and destroy homebrew!
tongue.gif

drbio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
waninkoko said:

One beer to this man!
grog.gif

I think this sys update ironicly is good for homebrew scene...bumping up the interest for both devs and users!

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
waninkoko said:

Hi Waninkoko!
Good thing your are reading the discussion along with us!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
waninkoko said:

ah, so that's it
glad to hear they make at least one mistake

Off course, to install anything, you have to be able to run unauthorized code (aka the installer) first, which would be quite hard without HBC or any commercial games exploits.

I guess they are going to prevent every new released exploit to be working in later updates... and definitively get ride of the HBC, like they did with the good old TP hack after a while. At least we know that they are not afraid anymore to delete installed channels, which is not a good thing if you think about

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to get the new internet browser. Was going to delete my old one and install it from Wii Shop. Considering the update. That's a no go. Any work-around for this? Is that wad online?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
LxTrix said:
I wanted to get the new internet browser. Was going to delete my old one and install it from Wii Shop. Considering the update. That's a no go. Any work-around for this? Is that wad online?
Apparently WiiSCU works. It was recommended by somebody earlier in the thread. If you can make a backup with BootMii first, then nothing can really go wrong, so why not try it?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
LxTrix said:
Apparently WiiSCU works. It was recommended by somebody earlier in the thread. If you can make a backup with BootMii first, then nothing can really go wrong, so why not try it?

Trying WSCU ATM, need my shop channel for Monster Hunter Tri online sessions...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
G0dLiKe said:
Dr. Clipper said:
LxTrix said:

Trying WSCU ATM, need my shop channel for Monster Hunter Tri online sessions...
I'll be trying it soon, too. I'm just making a new NAND backup first. It appears you only need to install IOS61 and the Shop Channel.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OzModChips said:
not sure if its been mentioned in the 21 pages
but wii modchips will work, including drivekey
any news when wode will be available and witch price tag it will have?
QUOTE(Sleepwalker @ Sep 29 2009, 09:41 AM) I meant the same thing as Sir-Fritz.
So, there is a difference, of course. But what if there's already a yet unused possibility for Nintendo? You never know to which external WiFi-Message the Wii could respond, do you? Since they changed their licence agreement before the last update came out.
at least in germany it would be illigal to force updates.

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
the one thing that surprised me was the deletion of Bootmii...I thought (and probably read somewhere too) that being in boot2 it was undeletable by updates.
we'll see what the coder will come up with to save our arses
tongue.gif
In the meantime I'm not updating of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-