Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
zektor said:
If anyone wanted to test this theory, download the source and have a look at it. Maybe the installer can be adjusted to install to 224/225. Then maybe you can try a loader such as Softchip (or better yet, modify the uLoader source) that allows the selection of any cIOS and see if a game runs (this is providing you get TBR working and trucha restored):

Link to source:

http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/wii/cio...nstall_3.0C.rar
Thanks mate.

person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't this the same thing we said about wii menu 3.4 though? I'm sure this time (even if in the next years of the future) we will find another way to get around this, and again it should be better! I've actually thought, if we maybe replace the "maintenance mode" maybe we could replace it with "hack mode" or something of that nature. And instead of pressing minus, plus, and A, JUST pressing A. And when you press minus, plus and A, it goes into "normal mode"

There's ALWAYS ways around things, they at least have to try to stop us, if they don't, will get even MORE advanced into the wonderful hacking of Wii (WHW) It seems to me it'll only be a little harder than figuring a way around 3.4.

New software = New glitches, New glitches = new hacking methods.

Somebody PLEASE try to correct me. (:

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
person3412 said:
Isn't this the same thing we said about wii menu 3.4 though? I'm sure this time (even if in the next years of the future) we will find another way to get around this, and again it should be better! I've actually thought, if we maybe replace the "maintenance mode" maybe we could replace it with "hack mode" or something of that nature. And instead of pressing minus, plus, and A, JUST pressing A. And when you press minus, plus and A, it goes into "normal mode"

There's ALWAYS ways around things, they at least have to try to stop us, if they don't, will get even MORE advanced into the wonderful hacking of Wii (WHW) It seems to me it'll only be a little harder than figuring a way around 3.4.

us?
what have you done for the wii scene?

person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it was a stupid thing to say, I know all about how it works, trust me. I'm just saying that it's just like saying "there's always loop-holes"

Thank you for correcting me by the way. (:

flusflus89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's what Nintendo says about the 4.2 update:

"This update provides behind-the-scenes fixes that will not affect features but will improve overall system performance."

Source: http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2009/09/w...date_42_hits_us

Well, they didn't even try to come up with any extra functionality as an excuse this time. The homebrew-oblivious costumers seem wary of this update too.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
person3412 said:

us?

Probably just one hacking guide less than you. People who come here like to feel like they're part of the scene even when we're not. Get over it.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
flusflus89 said:
That's what Nintendo says about the 4.2 update:

"This update provides behind-the-scenes fixes that will not affect features but will improve overall system performance."

Source: http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2009/09/w...date_42_hits_us

Well, they didn't even try to come up with any extra functionality as an excuse this time. The homebrew-oblivious costumers seem wary of this update too.
what dickasses
an update made specfically made to kill homebrew.
that hurts nintendo.
we all know deep down you guys @ nintendo headquarters all use snes9xgx and usbloadergx on the daily.

bolex17

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can you people stop with the "OMG xxx people are viewing this thread"?

---

Havn't recieved any updates on my Wii so far,, I love using preloader and auotbooting into WiiFlow
smileipb2.png
So System Menu is no big deal for me... yet.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, like I mentioned before, I'm about to put my wii to the test.

One thing that bothers me is the NEW IOS36 and Boot2v4 on my LU51 Wii
blink.gif

Anyways, I'm going to manually install all but Boot2v4 just to make sure I can hack it and DOWNDATE.

Now, since my Wii is not an original Boot2v4, if I install this update, can I downgrade with Wad Manager back to original (Boot2v3)?

Sounds Scarry to me.
ph34r.gif

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
xzxero said:
person3412 said:

us?

Probably just one hacking guide less than you. People who come here like to feel like they're part of the scene even when we're not. Get over it.
your right, the scene is made up of developers and users, and this guy is a user so technically he's part of the scene, my mistake.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[ said:
KAOS[]Casey]
the #defines for the output IOS are in patchmii_core.c

Thanks for that. I have modified Hermes source for the mload installer to install to 224 and 225. Completely untested (and I don't plan to)....but if you are already on v4.2 and can get trucha in, you can try to install this and see if you can use a loader that will use 224.

http://sharebee.com/3fbe82d2

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
[ said:
KAOS[]Casey]
the #defines for the output IOS are in patchmii_core.c

Thanks for that. I have modified Hermes source for the mload installer to install to 224 and 225. Completely untested (and I don't plan to)....but if you are already on v4.2 and can get trucha in, you can try to install this and see if you can use a loader that will use 224.

http://sharebee.com/3fbe82d2
boy comin with lightning speed zektor!
lets see progress people.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
flusflus89 said:
The homebrew-oblivious costumers seem wary of this update too.
Uh, why would that be? Since they've done nothing unofficial with their system and probably don't know that it CAN be done, what reason would they have to even care?

nicko68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
s3phir0th115 said:
2. You can still install IOS's if games absolutely require them. You still don't need to update the system menu.

How do we do this? In detail, please, I'm still new at this.
smile.gif

Oh Really?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm, may I ask why is everyone freaking out over this? Just stay on 4.1 and under and you will be fine right? If new games come out that require 4.2+, we have bypass updates right? o_o If someone updates to 4.2 that's their problem for not reading. I'm not really worried about this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: