Hacking Wii Mario Kart Homebrew Wiigator Loader v0.3gamma

nagrap2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have a backup ISO of Mario Kart for the Wii and when I try to launch the game via Wiigator Loader v0.3 gamma, I get an error message saying "No DVD"

Please can someone let me know why this is? I have inserted the DVD disc into the Wii, but still get this message.

Thanks in advance !!!

nagrap2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Size: 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes)

Size on disc: 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes)

Does that help? What should the size be?

Posts merged

Also, this is the first and only backup I have tried as it took almost 3 days to download.

I have tried running an original through Backup Loader and it worked without a problem.

nagrap2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you mean verify disc prior to Burn? If so then no.

Should I try a slower speed? The slowest I can do is x4 via Nero. Should I give that a try ?

Gamma286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nagrap2 said:
Do you mean verify disc prior to Burn? If so then no.

Should I try a slower speed? The slowest I can do is x4 via Nero. Should I give that a try ?

nero cause me a couple problems before, so i switched over to imgburn. try d/l and using it if you haven't already, and set your speed to 1x so it defaults itself to slowest drive burning speed. then make sure you verify the disc after burning if you have more issues.

also, you can verify your dvd-r against your image to make sure there wasn't any data corruption during the burning process with imgburn. just pop in the burned dvd-r and open imgburn and go "verify image" i believe, and open your image and check it.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just so you know, burning speed is 100% irrelevant to the problems. I have over 35+ ''backup'' games on Wii currently, all burned with 16X and they all work...

Probably just a bad burn, as suggested.. Use IMGBurn, it's better. Also, verifying is useless. If something went wrong, then something went wrong during the burn, using verify and finding out there is problem won't fix the problem.

nagrap2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried burning MArio Kart at x4 with Nero... still no luck..

I then downloaded Deal No Deal and got same problem... when using Wiigator v0.3 gamma to load the game it comes up with No DVD message...

Any more suggestions? I will also try ImgBurn as some people have suggested, but Im running out of things to try....

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
LOL, did you put your DVD in the Wii with the right side
rofl2.gif

Edit: Try reinstalling the backup loader and cIOS

nagrap2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried 2 different ISO files, against which other people have added comments that they wored fine for them.

And yes i inserted the discs the correct way up in the Wii
smile.gif

How do I unistall the cIOS?

Thing is it works with an original game, so would there still be an issue with my cIOS?

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nagrap2 said:
I have tried 2 different ISO files, against which other people have added comments that they wored fine for them.

And yes i inserted the discs the correct way up in the Wii
smile.gif

How do I unistall the cIOS?

Thing is it works with an original game, so would there still be an issue with my cIOS?
Use cIOS Uninstaller or AnytitleDeleter (i think it's IOS249 or IOS427 you need to remove).

stretch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you still have the ISO that you're having problems with, I recommend doing a CRC/MD5 check against it first. Unless you rather prefer a scrubbed version, then disregard my post.

nagrap2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK I finally resolved... I took your advice and used ImgBurn and also used a different DVD-R disc... infact Iused a much cheaper brand and used burn speed of x2... and both backups worked !!

So Im not sure whether it was my Disc at fault or NEro... or both....

Thanks for all your help guys !!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.