Gaming Wii Keeps Reading The Disc; Even While It's Off

LeonardoGolden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I bought Wii Sports Resort. I played for a while and then turned off my Wii. Since it's on WiiConnect24 mode, the LED was orange, but something struck me as odd.

After the Wii was off, the console kept on reading the disc. Not sure if it was reading the disc exactly, but it made a light 'FFFFFFFFFF' noise, like when it's reading a disc or when it blows air from the fans.

I had never noticed it before so I can't say it didn't happen with other games.

This doesn't happen when the Wii is completely off, AKA when the LED is red.

Is this normal or should I be worried?
Could preloader be the culprit here?

Thanks.

Minties

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LeonardoGolden said:
Today I bought Wii Sports Resort. I played for a while and then turned off my Wii. Since it's on WiiConnect24 mode, the LED was orange, but something struck me as odd.

After the Wii was off, the console kept on reading the disc. Not sure if it was reading the disc exactly, but it made a light 'FFFFFFFFFF' noise, like when it's reading a disc or when it blows air from the fans.

I had never noticed it before so I can't say it didn't happen with other games.

This doesn't happen when the Wii is completely off, AKA when the LED is red.

Is this normal or should I be worried?
Could preloader be the culprit here?

Thanks.

You nailed it
tongue.gif
, Preloader 0.28 has this bug. Updating to v0.29 should fix this, atleast according to the changelog:
Note: I don't have preloader installed, so I cannot confirm if this has been fixed.

QUOTE0.29:
-added a feature to load the system menu with any IOS version you want.
-The installer includes an IOS patcher which when found patches IOS60 so preloader can fully work with system menu 4.0
-Moved some text around for better visibility on 16:9 screens
-fixed a bug which let the disc endlessly spin when wc24 was enabled and the wii got turned off
-fixed a bug which broke system menu loading when the system got formated

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader#Changelog

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v0.29 does NOT fix the bug.

People claim it does, but there have been numerous people saying it isn't working.

I just ended up uninstalling Preloader. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY there will be a v0.30. Just then I might think about installing it again.

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii did the exact same thing, But i was watching a DVD with Mplayer+ and i turned the Wii off with the controller, I used my xbox to watch the other *Mplayer annoyed me* DVD when i went to turn everything off i noticed my Wii was still spinning. I dont have a Preloader, All i have is BootMii, and the other stuff down in my Sig

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4