Wii Keeps Reading The Disc; Even While It's Off

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by LeonardoGolden, Jul 31, 2009.

1. LeonardoGolden
    OP

Member LeonardoGolden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Today I bought Wii Sports Resort. I played for a while and then turned off my Wii. Since it's on WiiConnect24 mode, the LED was orange, but something struck me as odd.

After the Wii was off, the console kept on reading the disc. Not sure if it was reading the disc exactly, but it made a light 'FFFFFFFFFF' noise, like when it's reading a disc or when it blows air from the fans.

I had never noticed it before so I can't say it didn't happen with other games.

This doesn't happen when the Wii is completely off, AKA when the LED is red.

Is this normal or should I be worried?
    Could preloader be the culprit here?

Thanks.

2. Minties

Newcomer Minties Member

Australia
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader#Changelog

3. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    v0.29 does NOT fix the bug.

People claim it does, but there have been numerous people saying it isn't working.

I just ended up uninstalling Preloader. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY there will be a v0.30. Just then I might think about installing it again.

4. locustlx

Newcomer locustlx Member

United States
    Yeah v0.29 didnt fix it on my system just to be on the safe side just unplug your system after you're done playing

5. hackwii

Newcomer hackwii Newbie

Canada
    pretty sure it was THAT bug that rendered my disc drive useless...

6. Teh H4rRy

Member Teh H4rRy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    My Wii did the exact same thing, But i was watching a DVD with Mplayer+ and i turned the Wii off with the controller, I used my xbox to watch the other *Mplayer annoyed me* DVD when i went to turn everything off i noticed my Wii was still spinning. I dont have a Preloader, All i have is BootMii, and the other stuff down in my Sig