Hacking Wii keeps bricking when using Trucha - HBC (used to) turn upside down.

FAII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've used two methods (they're pretty much the exact same, only I downloaded the files from two different sources) and both resulted in the same thing.

The methods used were:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 (Modify any Wii 4.2 & below)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890 ([Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need))

My Wii system menu version is 3.4E (PAL).

I follow the instructions step-by-step. I've tried it out twice per "method" and the menu bricks at the exact same spot every single time.

1a] Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Press B to choose No IOS Reload.
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Go to Downgrade IOS15.
Press A to downgrade.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.

1b] Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 and press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:
Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
Nand Permissions YES
Then press A on install patched IOS36.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.

My Wii bricks here, every time (thankfully, it restarts into HBC). At first, HBC used to also turn upside down at this point. Also, using the "Modify any Wii"-thread's method, PreLoader will complain about HBC not being installed and refuse to boot HBC from my Wii (however, I can boot it from my SD). Using the 2nd thread's method, HBC no longer turns upside down and can be booted directly from PreLoader, but that might simply be the new update. I keep having to install Preloader here in order to do a restore since BootMii cannot be installed as Boot2 on my Wii.

Also of note:
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD
Choose IOS249 and press A.

When I try to do this (despite having a bricked Wii, I wanted to explore what I could do with it), I cannot find IOS249 on the list. For some reason, despite following the guide step-by-step, an IOS that's supposed to be there just isn't.

Should I just update to 4.2 and do the 4.2 method? Because clearly, for whatever reason, it won't work for my 3.4E.

FAII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
what do you mean by brick?

HBC turning upside isnt a brick.
The System Menu is bricked. If I restart into the System Menu, it says the Wii system files are corrupted. It's just that the bricking and the turning-upside-down happened at the same time.

I'll try the 4.2 method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu