Wii is looking off.

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Itsatrap, Jun 3, 2010.

Jun 3, 2010

Wii is looking off. by Itsatrap at 4:57 AM (879 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Itsatrap
    OP

Newcomer Itsatrap Member

United States
    Hi I've had my Wii for a few months now and its working great and everything but on my 16' 1080p TV everything just looks awful, now I know the Wii isn't supposed to be amazing in graphics or anything but it just looks off everything is very fuzzy or pixely even the menu isn't smooth, Is there any options i can change on my TV to make it look better or should I get the component cables though I have been told those don't do much.

Any suggestions?

2. raylinth

Newcomer raylinth Member

United States
    16 foot TV?

Yeah well you're problem is the wii isn't a HD system and can only handle 480p. A component cable will make it look leagues better than a composite cable (standard with system) and is a must have for a high def. TV. Even still, it's only going to look so good.

3. Itsatrap
    OP

Newcomer Itsatrap Member

United States
    >.< Meant 16 Inch but I'm sure you got that.
    Anyways thanks for the reply, id just like stuff to look somewhat "smooth" not amazing everything is just kind of blurred as it is now, so I'll probably just go buy the cables then.

4. hughjass

Member hughjass GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    get a component cable, will make a world of difference. It won't make things smooth though, they'll be less blurry and more defined, but you'll also get more jaggies!

5. zuron7

Member zuron7 RBYG

India
    First make sure all the contacts are properly connected and are clean.
    You should not be having problems like that since your T.V. size is only 16 inch.
    If it still doesn't seem to work try getting a component cable.

6. George Dawes

Member George Dawes Wanker

Trinidad and Tobago
    I can only echo what everyone else says - composite looks awful, upgrade your cables to component for better quality.

7. alphatrap

Newcomer alphatrap Advanced Member

Philippines
    it's just a freakin 16 inch tv @-) im playing on a 24 and it looks okay not ps3 good but not blurry, somethings wrong with yo wii