Gaming Wii is a Kids Toy says Microsoft

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let's see what Microsoft did when they first snached up Rare from Nintendo. Grabbed by the Ghoulies (kids game). What is Microsoft/Rare doing nowadays ? Viva Pinata (kids game). Those are two first party kids games. How many first party kids games has Nintendo ever released ?

edgeblade69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No they can maybe have like do another 6 billion hole like the Xbox was.

They already have one, it's called Zune (comes out 11/14). AKA MS's version of the iPod...yawn...

Hey MS, if you want to waste money, why not just give it to me? I can put your millions to better use than you can, I guarantee it.

morcar

Trophies
Website
www.tredegarforum.com
XP
Country
We will see how much of a kids toy it is when it is kicking the 360 and ps3 asses.

Nintendo Wii is the only console that`s going to bring a fresh edge to games which people have been crying out for years now.

Lacrimosa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hah funny part is he didn't even mentiod that you'd have to have a high defenitition capable tv (which costs a shitload of money) to be able to get high definition gamingÂ
nyanya.gif

That's the point. I can't find any singe reason why I (or anyone else) should get a console if I can't get all the "goodies" that the console can offer. So what if a console can play blue ray movies? I don't own a HDTV (and probably never will because I just don't watch tv) so I just don't care about this feature.

And we'll just see the sales. If Wii get's hacked (and it will), that will rise the console sales like crazy! Many people buy consoles because of that (ps and ps2 for example. They sold like crazy).

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guys piracy is not something that will boost gamesales, especially when it concerns consumers that dont have a clue and just wanna buy a game every now and then.

I saw some more topics regarding piracy, Console's is why developers are making money, the PC business was not that good for them.

The more console's sold the lower the piracy percentage gets ...

Look at the DS or the PSP, what part of boost in sales was there when they got "cracked" ?

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
To be serious, if the industry continues the way the PS3 and X360 are going, and god forbid the Nintendo Wii fails, gaming will become an EXPENSIVE HOBBY. Heck, it is right now. High-Def TVs, 1080p,etc... So in reality, to play a PS3 or X360, you have to buy 500+400 (for the TV)....
Go Nintendo!

Lacrimosa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Guys piracy is not something that will boost gamesales, especially when it concerns consumers that dont have a clue and just wanna buy a game every now and then.

Let me explain to you what I meant.

A person who is NOT a fan-addicted gamer, will not give so much money for consoles and games. If a console get's hacked, he will buy it (=money for Nintendo) and then he'll just get some game copies.

BUT---> in a console that is VERY expensive (I read somewhere that Sony is losing money because ps3 will be sold cheaper from the price that costs to make it), then piracy is not "good".

With Wii, Nintendo will make some money because it's cheaper. So, in this case, if someone is not a fan gamer, piracy will be "good" because he will buy a Wii. Yes, it's illegal, but remember how windows became like that-->easy to pirate-->industry standard.
wink.gif
It's very smart move to win all the people who are not decided to buy or not to buy a console.

Sorry for grammar mistakes...

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I saw some more topics regarding piracy, Console's is why developers are making money, the PC business was not that good for them.

The more console's sold the lower the piracy percentage gets ...

Look at the DS or the PSP, what part of boost in sales was there when they got "cracked" ?

Wrong-o. You act as if console games are something new, as if the idea of plug and play was just thought up recently. Console games don't require patching, updates, and I don't even need to expain the ease of use. In the past, gaming was based off of what you could afford and what your tastes consisted of. Consoles were much cheaper than a home PC, therefore purchased much more frequently than PCs. This today, isn't so much of the case with the PS3 and 360, but at least the Wii's price is reasonable.

Piracy doesn't have near an effect as you think on PC games. The majority of the people who own a personal computer use it for the internet, email and online game sites, like pogo.com. Mainstream PCs aren't even equipped with dedicated video cards, again as the mainstream user won't be gaming on it. Mom and pop play on the PC, while little Johnny plays on his console.

So no, piracy has little to do with PC game devs, and in fact I only know one company that goes to the extreme to prevent piracy, and that's Valve. If it was such an issue, more companies would have implemented something similar to prevent piracy, but the money they 'lose" from pirated games isn't as much as it would actually cost to implement such protection.

Oh, and StarFarce is a joke too.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
To be serious, if the industry continues the way the PS3 and X360 are going, and god forbid the Nintendo Wii fails, gaming will become an EXPENSIVE HOBBY. Heck, it is right now. High-Def TVs, 1080p,etc... So in reality, to play a PS3 or X360, you have to buy 500+400 (for the TV)....
Go Nintendo!

This argument is a strawman. A "real" gamer can enjoy him or herself on an oldass Nintendo LCD game. Whatever a "real" gamer is anyway.
The very second videogames become an expensive hobby is when the videogame industry will crash completely. But there's good news, it will never come to pass. There will be affordable items as much as there will be expensive items. And nobody died when the Neo-Geo was released, was it?

About the expensive hobby, sure, sony may have thought about it : some people just *need* to pay a lot of money for even the simplest things. People *need* idiotic bullshit stuff called "status symbols" like a ferrari, caviar, or a PS3. It's part of human nature. There will always be luxury items and products. It doesn't mean this or that hobby will die. You can still go boating on a hobiecat instead of a yacht, you know? You can eat Lump Eggs and the only side effects you will have will be the tools who sneer at you for eating "cheap caviar imitations".

Now, Microsoft and Sony are going to shoot for the upper-middle-class and of course, there will always be a majority of lower-class people who will starve themselves to own a luxury item. You think this is new? Have you ever looked at the prices of goddamn sports shoes?

No one will "die" in this generation. Put that image out of your head, the sooner the better. Videogames that are too expensive will end up being ported anyway. Back when the NES was king of the hill, remember how many games were ported from the arcades, with sub-sub-sub-par graphics? Who complained at the time?

tl;dr : cheer up emo kid

Scorpin200

Iceman
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well if somehow the wii doesn't do what it supposed to that's pretty much the end of everything at least for me. because all there seems to be now is boring 3d, 2d is dead, and the arcade where real game experiences lived was killed off in favor of consoles.

P.S Im going to laugh at sony, and microsoft if nintendo sells more than 4 mil making them #1 next week.

TripleA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitions of toy on the Web:

* plaything: an artifact designed to be played with

anything your play with is a toy
lecture.gif
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1