Gaming Wii in black and white

andr1y7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hey, so I tried to plug in my Wii that I haven't played in a long time and it's in black and white. Here's the back of my TV and how I connected the cables.

Also tried the other red one, same result.

A few of things to note: the TV is kinda old (Samsung TV from around 2012, I think), the cables are 3rd party (can't find the original ones) and I bought the console from the US, but I live in Europe.

So, I'm wondering if there is a way to possibly make it work on this TV. It's how I want to set it up, but otherwise I'll probably hook it up to a monitor. Thank you for reading.

Spectremint

Trophies
Website
spectremint.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any other cables? From the looks of it you have a PAL TV, so maybe you could use a Wii SCART connector instead, or you could use component.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another suggestion: try a different TV and see if you get the same results. If you do, either the cable's bad or the Wii's AV out is bad. But before you jump to conclusions, I would definitely try to get a different cable first like a SCART or Component cable. Or another AV cable would be fine too! Just use what you have or what you can get a hold of.

Last edited by Spectremint,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If the TV is an old PAL one, then it might be an issue with the NTSC (US) Wii. It's related with the frequency (50 Hz of PAL compared to the 60 Hz of NTSC).

Also, you must connect the cables correctly or the graphics might look garbled.

From you picture, and as noted by @a32bitmint, the red connector is in the wrong jack, it should be on the left side one of the white connector which as it seem is correctly connected. But anyway, the red/white cables are for the audio signal and the green one (yellow sometimes) is the graphics signal.

You should get a component cable and try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative