AFAIK all pokemon are on handhelds and GB\C\A can already be emulated

there are channel versions of this emulators

killermike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you basically want to run an emulator but only have it run basically one pokemon game. Sounds like a step back to me for things we would want on an emulator unless you are talking about a completely new pokemon game like making your own.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
well yeah

install the gbc emulator and play

or you could modify the emu to load the game automatically

then change banners

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah but GBC isnt VC isnt it?

so emu are your best chance

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
to make the most of a pokémon game, you need to trade. how would this be possible on the wii? you really would be unable to fully experience the game, so if you're trying to create a "perfect" wii version, with its own channel, it's still going to be hindered by the lack of multiplayer connectivity.

...unless somenone managed to create on online emulator. now that would be cool! but having a dedicated channel would be bound to hinder that.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jan777 said:
yeah but GBC isnt VC isnt it?

so emu are your best chance

no. by injecting, you can insert a GBC rom (possibly, might work with everything but GBC actually) into a VC's .WAD format, you can also make your own banner for the channel with the console it's for. (in this case GBC). just go to the wii hacking forum, its all over there.

QUOTE(CambridgeGuy @ Jun 30 2008, 07:25 PM) to make the most of a pokémon game, you need to trade. how would this be possible on the wii? you really would be unable to fully experience the game, so if you're trying to create a "perfect" wii version, with its own channel, it's still going to be hindered by the lack of multiplayer connectivity.

...unless somenone managed to create on online emulator. now that would be cool! but having a dedicated channel would be bound to hinder that.

UN UN, wrong. check out the download section of the site. it has a patch for pokemon diamond/ pearl which allows you to catch ALL pokemon on one game (in the designated area in which they appear on their opposite version) although i'm not sure what happens when you have to catch alkia/ dialga. i'll have to look into it.

besides that, my point is that there will be a patch which will allow all pokemon to be caught on one version.

and and and, not to be a smart arse here, maybe i sound like one lol, most of the emulators have multiplayer functionality. the consoles do 100%. however the handhelds are limited by the fact you need 2 of them. and adding that would mean having to change the game to use a usb for a wii to wii connecction!

now that would be cool... but it'd be one expensive way to trade pokemon instead of using 2.50GBP gameboy colours lmao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: