Hacking Wii hardmod question

Nomfem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First do Drivekey - No Solder Wii Mod Chip still work?

I am think about the one at ps2cover.com unless somone have a better place to buy

Last edited by Nomfem,

Nomfem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Wii Version do you have?
Not a lot of people use Mod Chip now a days.

No clue did not buy a used one yet softmodded one's are crazy $200 to $300 for one with a hard drive or a sdcard with some games if anyone knows a place online to get a soft mod wii where they will not tring to overcharge I would be very happy been searching for a while just get overpriced one's.

D

Deleted User

Yes, you can still use them, but you're not going to find one cheap: they don't make them anymore and no public solderless chip was turned opensource. If you're good at soldering and have an old Wii drive, you could always get a WiiFree by getting samples from MicroChip.

I got a WODE Jukebox for £35 but that was very lucky of me, and it was from Australia.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No clue did not buy a used one yet softmodded one's are crazy $200 to $300 for one with a hard drive or a sdcard with some games if anyone knows a place online to get a soft mod wii where they will not tring to overcharge I would be very happy been searching for a while just get overpriced one's.

Your able to see your Wii Version of your Wii System in "Wii Options" "Wii Settings", and you will notice your version of the Wii.
X.XU = North American/America Wii
X.XE = European Wii
X.XK = Korean Wii
X.XJ = Japan Wii

There is a new complete way to mod the Wii using the Homebrew Channel, using Letterbomb, and its a lot safer than Mod Chip. Unless you really want to use mod chip you can still use it. But it will be really hard to use, and you will encounter a lot of issues upon modding the Wii

See here for tutorial;

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_setup

See here for SD Card Compatibillity, note; if the SD works with Twilight Hack, and Homebrew you are golden to use that SD Card. If one or the other does not work as well, or at all it will not be compatible with other apps for Homebrew.

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests

(I would recommend Kingston 4GB if your just going to mod this for games.)

This guide will also help you avoid bricks.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/3804...ection-to-safeguard-and-supercharge-your-wii/

I would avoid installing TrechaBug. To install it. It requires WAD File use which is confusing, and there is no way to uninstall it if something goes wrong.

The brick protection is all you really need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: There is an actual trailer with footage too. lol. Going to watch it tonight. Grabbed it from...