Hacking Wii hacked 5 years ago, want to update but have questions.

talicme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my Wii ages ago. I remember that I installed a lot of different cIOS' including one or two to allow wiiware. I installed preloader/priiloader (not sure which, if there is a difference) for direct boot to Wiiflow.

Everything has worked fine, but I have recently tried to play Kirby Return to Dreamland and have freezing issues. I noticed that people were talking about Wiiflow 2.2 settings and the newest version of Waninkoko’s IOS 249 and Hermes cIOS 222. I have wiiflow 1.1 and I'm sure version 1 of both cIOS'.

Now I see that both of those cIOS' are obsolete and there is now a D2x IOS? So where do I begin?

Can I just install the new D2x and leave all else alone.

How do I update the Wiiflow in Priiloader? I know how to do it on the SD, but what about in Priiloader?

Thanks in advance for all the help. It has just been so long since I've messed around with my Wii and so much has changed since then, I got left behind.

talicme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! Even after all of my googleing, I have never heard of modmii. Just looking over it, it sounds like just the ticket! Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY