Gaming Wii Games of the Month: June 2010

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Halfway through the year. And we get a Wii RPG finally. YES.

You can read the DS version of this thread right here

Some rules and stuff.
- No flaming. If I list a game you don't like, too bad. If I don't, too bad.
- This is mainly North American releases, sorry. I'll, on occasion, do a European or Japanese release if it's big enough and not already out in America.
- If a game is already released in English and is being released again for another region, I won't bother adding it. Like say if Super Mario Galaxy 2 was out in America in April (it won't) and it came out in May in Europe, I won't list it for May. I'll also do the same if a game was released in English (aka Europe or America) and is being released in Japan.
- I get my dates from GameFaqs, Wikipedia, and IGN, so if a date is wrong don't blame me. You can, of course, point it out and ask me to fix it if you have the right date.

Arc Rise Fantasia

Developed by: Image Epoch
Published by: Ignition Entertainment
Release date: June 22nd (America)
Genre: RPG
My Hype Level: What, the Wii has RPGs? BLASPHEMY.
GBAtemp Hype Level: YEAH

ArcRiseFantasiaWiiBox_Xseed-version.jpg

The Wii has a lot of games from a lot of genres, but what it lacks are RPGs. And for RPGs, it severely lacks straight-up, turn based RPGs. We finally get one that looks worthy, Arc Rise Fantasia, and honestly, I want it. A lot. You guys do too so hopefully it won't blow it.

Transformers: Cybertron Adventures

Developed by: Next Level Games
Published by: Activison
Release date: June 22nd (America)
Genre: Shooter
My Hype Level: Multiplatform title on the Wii, it can definitely suck
GBAtemp Hype Level: Meh

Transformers-Cybertron-Adventures_Wii_US_ESRBboxart_160w.jpg

Honestly, now that I have a Xbox 360, I don't have to deal with the bad versions of multiplatform titles on the Wii. I mean, I'd love to play them on the Wii since I don't actually have to pay for them, but they seem to suck a lot of the time. And it's a shame, since this Transformers game looks pretty awesome, especially on home consoles.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11

Developed by: Tiburon
Published by: Electronic Arts
Release date: June 8th (America)
Genre: Sports
My Hype Level: *insert Tiger Woods joke here*
GBAtemp Hype Level: *insert Tiger Woods joke here*

tiger_woods_11_wii_rpboxart_160w.jpg

No Tiger Woods jokes. They're old. Anyway, Tiger Woods '10 on the Wii is considered amazing due to its WM+ 1:1 accuracy. Not to mention it had a ton of features and stuff that made it one of the best golf games ever. But in all reality, golf bores the shit out of me, and I couldn't play much PGA '10 without wanting to take a snooze. Still, golf enthusiasts may want to check out this next iteration.

Green Day: Rock Band

Developed by: Harmonix
Published by: MTV Games
Release date: June 8th (America)
Genre: Music
My Hype Level: Should be a different band
GBAtemp Hype Level: Meh

greendayrbwiiboxart_160w.jpg

I don't have any problem with Green Day. I actually think they're pretty good. It's just that they don't need a full band game. And having this be the "successor" to The Beatles game is kinda a letdown. But let's face it, it's got a pretty decent set list and everything, so if you're a Green Day fan, you can have a good time with this.

Xenoblade

Developed by: Monolith Software
Published by: Nintendo
Release date: June 10th (Japan)
Genre: RPG
My Hype Level: Fuck, it's in Japanese
GBAtemp Hype Level: ^

Couldn't find any boxart, sorry.

Anyway, the Wii is suddenly getting a flood of RPG titles, and Xenoblade is one of them. Unfortunately, I doubt it'll be localized and a fan translation, if there is one, could take a long time. It's looked great so far though and if you speak Japanese, you'd be a fool to not play this game.

Other titles

- Rabbids Triple Pack: 6/4 (Europe)
- Samurai Warriors 3 (Australia) (I did a write-up a while ago)
- Toy Story 3: 6/15 (America)
- Sin and Punishment: Star Successor: 6/27 (America) (I did a write-up a while ago so don't bitch about "WHY IS THERE NO WRITE UP")
- Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4: 6/29

Overall Summary

Arc Rise Fantasia and Xenoblade headline this month, with Transformers and the next Tiger Woods game looking relatively alright. Green Day: Rock Band may actually be fun, but we still should've had a different band. It's a quiet month, but blame that on Nintendo for delaying Metroid: Other M.

Really, there's like nothing in July. We get Tournament of Legends, High Voltage's next "big" Wii title (although I'll say it honestly looks pretty meh). Most everything else looks bleak.

Have a nice June!

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Turn based RPGs on the Wii? Blasphemy! (No, really, it just doesn't fit the concept of the Wii.)

Xenoblade looks fucking epic though.

Here's the boxart for it, if you want it (I found it on the first page of image results on Google)

xenoblade-01.jpg

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
xenoblade will prob never see the light of English though...there's actually quite a few rpg for the wii more than some peeps know of. they just never leave japan
hate2.gif

Red Ire Lap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If Monster Hunter 3 made it to the Wii, and Arc Rise Fantasia is coming to the Wii, I have high and legitimate hopes that Xenoblade will no doubt be coming oversees. Especially with the amount of press it's been getting, I'd say it's about 90% certain.

KennyLeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been looking forward to ARF for awhile - was interested a long time ago but found out it was in Japan only. Good thing the translation is here!

I'm an RPG junkie...and TBH after going through Tales of Symphonia GC and Dawn of a New World, I haven't touched the wii (Don't get me started on Valhalla knights...the art style didnt work for me)

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what the shit? Xenoblade is coming out next month? I thought it would come out in October. Well I'm hyped!...for a game i cant play due to language. Well i think it will come. Baten Kaitos came and they did announce it at E3. Fingers crossed!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next Level Games are making this Transformers. Why should you care?

For did:
Super Mario Strikers series
Punch-Out Wii
NHL Hitz Pro

Four well rated titles on Nintendo consoles

Why should you skip it?

Spider-Man: Friend or Foe

So four fun games out of five but seeing this is Activision and on the Wii chances of it being any good are slim but there is still a good chance of it being decent.

Bladexdsl said:
xenoblade will prob never see the light of English though...there's actually quite a few rpg for the wii more than some peeps know of. they just never leave japan
hate2.gif
I bet it will. Nintendo are constantly sending media of this to the press outside of Japan, not something they usually do to titles that don't have much chance of seeing a release. Also it already has a Western name as the poster above said.

So this month I may give Transformers a go, Toy Story 3 looks like a step above most movie games and that is it. Arc Rise Fantasia is supposed to be for die hard RPG fans only and I'm pretty much burned out on J-RPG's nowadays, they just lack something that the old ones had.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
You can read the Wii version of this thread right here
You mean the DS version, this is the Wii thread.

Nice list! European releases are not included right? Otherwise Super Mario Galaxy 2 should be on there as well.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maikel Steneker said:
QUOTE said:
You can read the Wii version of this thread right here
You mean the DS version, this is the Wii thread.

Nice list! European releases are not included right? Otherwise Super Mario Galaxy 2 should be on there as well.

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ May 22 2010, 01:55 PM)

Some rules and stuff.
- No flaming. If I list a game you don't like, too bad. If I don't, too bad.
- This is mainly North American releases, sorry. I'll, on occasion, do a European or Japanese release if it's big enough and not already out in America.
- If a game is already released in English and is being released again for another region, I won't bother adding it. Like say if Super Mario Galaxy 2 was out in America in April (it won't) and it came out in May in Europe, I won't list it for May. I'll also do the same if a game was released in English (aka Europe or America) and is being released in Japan.
- I get my dates from GameFaqs, Wikipedia, and IGN, so if a date is wrong don't blame me. You can, of course, point it out and ask me to fix it if you have the right date.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's so awful that Arc Rise Fantasia has one of the worst dubs and translations I've seen in a LONG time. It has PSX era translations, seriously. If it wasn't cut off of XSeed's hands, I would've purchased a copy. However, fucking Ignition and their god awful google-every-fucking-text-in-the-game style "translations" are kicking in, with shitty shit dubs.

Wasn't Sin and Punishment 2 coming out this month in NA?

EDIT: Oh wait, I see it now.

XLarge

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Some interesting releases this month especialy arc rise fantasy

I'm looking forward to toy story 3 too how strange that may sound

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users