Wii games don't work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by drakorex, Oct 20, 2013.

1. drakorex
    OP

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    I recently tried merging my two partitions into one on my 2TB HDD, and ran into a host of problems. The computer got turned off during this and I had a hell of a time getting the HDD to work as before. So then I just deleted my second partition and resized the first one.

Now I find that 114 of my wii games do not work anymore. They cannot be read by dolphin or wiiflow. Almost all of the games that were foldered survived, but most of the ones that weren't didn't. (Is it better to have each game in its own folder?)

Before I go redownloading over a hundred wii games, is there any way to bring them back from the dead?

2. drakorex
    OP

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    Anyone?

3. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Oh damn, I had the same thing happen to me when I preped my HDD for use with Dios Mios.
    I ended up just downloading and ripping all my games again. What a bitch it was. Reformatting the HDD is practically the only option. Even games I saved kind of died.
    Sorry dude, kinda seems like you're out of luck. Feel free to PM me if you need anything tho.

4. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    Did you use WiiBackupManager to manage these Wii games? There should be a file called disc.info. Open it with Notepad and you should see numerous MD5 hashes. What you need to do is run MD5 check on each corresponding file and compare the result with what's in disc.info. If the hash is a match for that corresponding file the file is safe. If not the file is corrupted, and you need to re-rip or re-download.