Gaming Wii Gamecube Questions

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to start playing gamecube games on my wii and have a couple questions. What is the best USB loader to play gamecube games with? Also while I know that you need a gamecube controller, do I need to buy a gamecube memory card as well (or can i save game files to the system memory). And finally is there a compatibility list of certain games that might not play well with the USB loader (or do all work fine). Thanks.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Prior22 said:
I'm looking to start playing gamecube games on my wii and have a couple questions. What is the best USB loader to play gamecube games with? Also while I know that you need a gamecube controller, do I need to buy a gamecube memory card as well (or can i save game files to the system memory). And finally is there a compatibility list of certain games that might not play well with the USB loader (or do all work fine). Thanks.
the only software usb loader is DIOS-MIOS . Its abandoned an has a very bad compatibility and you need sneek to use it
or you can also buy a WODE to play GC from USB

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WODE would probably be your best bet. As the previous commenter said Dios-Mios has been completely abandoned by it's creator.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
only means of playing gamecube games(i'm assuming you're talking about backups,right?) is either the WODE or burning on to a DVD-R and loading them though neogamma or gecko or programs like that.

only the WODE can play GC game from usb

while I'm not entirely sure,you need a gamecube memory card to save as I don't think it saves in the wii's memory.

most if not all games work fine though
smile.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes Gamecube is only possible By:

* Original Gamecube games
* Burned backups with Cmios ( wiigator with Neogamma highly recommended for the very best compatibilty)
If you have a new Wii you probably cannot play backups from discs.
* WODE-this is a hardware modification. Costs money. But allows Backups from USB.

In order to save gamecube games YOU NEED a GC memory card. They are DIRT cheap!
When playing backups, better get an original GC controller. Their have been many compatibilty problems using 3rd party controllers.

As a side note: When you play GC games on your Wii, your Wii BECOMES a gamecube.
Hardware/software wise. So remotes wont work in GC mode. Only reset, eject and power button on the console itself. Just like a Gamecube.
To be almost wireless, get some wavebirds off e-bay!

It is however, possible to transfer save games from GC memory card to SD card and vice versa in Wii mode with homebrew apps.
The GC memory cards are manageble from the Wii's data management.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: