Wii GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Theta

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
_Alex_ said:
Hello there, i also have the problem with old savestates, the games ignore the old ones on the memory card and when i create a new one it deletes the old one without asking, Push b wont work for me on any game, i use cMIOS 0.1. Does the Push "B" funktion only works with Wiigators Mios Patcher? Any other workarround?

Greetz, and great work so fare!

I think it only works with Wiigators. Try and you'll see

Posts merged

QUOTE(I-Iybr1d @ Feb 8 2009, 06:12 PM) First of all, congrats to W and W for the whole dedication to the homebrew scene, without then, many of us wouldn't still being able to play homebrew at our wii.

Guys, im sorry for asking this and all but im in a bit of a mess here and i was wondering if you guys could help me:

Atm, i only have one backup made, its mine zelda ww (i got the image from the web since i cant make really make a copy in my pc) and ive burned it with IMGburn as a 1.1 in a Philips DVD-R and the image had 1.35 GB (1.459.978.240 bytes exactly) and then ive install the MIOs v8 from the root of my sd card with the MIOs instaler.

Then i inserted the backup disc and opened the GC Backup Loader on the homebrew channel. As the screen appeared, it started to read the disc and a few seconds later a message appeared saying "Failed to read DVD 345", so my question is, did i do something wrong? Is there a step that i might be missing?

Use different media. That worked for me

_Alex_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thx computerboy for your reply, do you think i can use wiigators patch on waninkokos cmios? I don't think so or? Then i have to uninstall the mios from wanin first to use wiigators one? Or will wiigators one overwrite the "old" one i have installed?

Knuxsega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
YAY FOR WIIGATER AND WANINKOKO
biggrin.gif

GC loader works great for me! Me and and surely the rest of the GBAtemp will help you two to make the Loader perfect just like Gamma
smile.gif

All using Princo DVD-R media

NTSC Ultimate Spiderman Works 100%

NTSC Pikmin 2 Works 100% (freeze in new game intro movie but works fine if you press start to skip movie)

NTSC Metroid Prime 2 Echoes 100% No problems

(P.s working with MIOS v8)

Good luck everyone~

big_danmahony

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you!
This is so awesome,I just spent 4 hours playing TimeSplitters 2 multiplayer.
All of my backups worked except Rogue Squadron 2,but that was a .gcm file
Has anyone else had problems with them?

Jfk002

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Wiigator

Thanks for this wonderfull work. Still, I have a question, I hope you'll read it since only you can answer this
wink.gif

=> Do you think/do you have planned that in the future you will have a tool to get rid of the gamecube pad and replace it with the wiimote instead? Like a mapping tool of some sort. See, for exemple, I do play Ikaruga with the GC pad, it's ok, but frankly, I could play it as well with my wiimote which has the great advantage of being cordless !
I guess a tool where you could say: standard A button on GC pad becomes A button on Wiimote, and so on.
Do you think it's feasible ?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jfk002 said:
@Wiigator

Thanks for this wonderfull work. Still, I have a question, I hope you'll read it since only you can answer this
wink.gif

=> Do you think/do you have planned that in the future you will have a tool to get rid of the gamecube pad and replace it with the wiimote instead? Like a mapping tool of some sort. See, for exemple, I do play Ikaruga with the GC pad, it's ok, but frankly, I could play it as well with my wiimote which has the great advantage of being cordless !
I guess a tool where you could say: standard A button on GC pad becomes A button on Wiimote, and so on.

Gamecube games run in gamecube mode ==> no wiimote, no usb, no wifi, no lan, no sd card

B

BryceOne

Brian117 said:
*is still impatiently waiting a legit guide through this"

No clue what to do with the MIOS crap.

Hmm, you can install a Wii Modchip, but you cant figure out what to do with this? Interesting!!!

Anyways, assuming you have Wifi set up on your Wii, just load the MIOSPatcher through Homebrew Channel, select the MIOS Version you want to install (I chose 5, The program will download it for you via WiFi). After it installs, just run the GC Backup Launcher and press A to start up your GC game.

Now if you dont have WiFi you're gonna have to download the MIOS files listed in the README.TXT file and place them on your SD card (Folder locations are also in the TXT file).. There are 4 files for each MIOS, so you'll only need those 4 files, not all 12. Then select the MIOS version when you load up MIOSPatcher.

carnbyds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Wow..this is cool...man...how am i gonna concentrate on my assigments...man...this is gonna make up till the wii
wacko.gif
hours...hehehehehe

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
_Alex_ said:
Thx computerboy for your reply, do you think i can use wiigators patch on waninkokos cmios? I don't think so or? Then i have to uninstall the mios from wanin first to use wiigators one? Or will wiigators one overwrite the "old" one i have installed?

You can use Wiigators patch. It will overwrite Waninkokos one.

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever posted that Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero work failed to mention these are 2 disc games....you might be able to get disc 1 working, but disc 2 will not - this must be corrected by posters on the Wiki.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
JoeyGennaro said:
Whoever posted that Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero work failed to mention these are 2 disc games....you might be able to get disc 1 working, but disc 2 will not - this must be corrected by posters on the Wiki.
Can anyone confirm this? I might have missed something, but as far as I know it only fails to load the second disc when you started on the first disc. This means that only games requiring you to do this have problems, and that's only Metal Gear Solid as far as I know. Games like the Resident Evil games ask you to switch the disc, but they allow you to save before doing so. This means that you can just save, turn of your Wii and use the GC Backup Launcher to boot the second disc. It should just load the save file and continue the game.

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
JoeyGennaro said:
Can anyone confirm this? I might have missed something, but as far as I know it only fails to load the second disc when you started on the first disc. This means that only games requiring you to do this have problems, and that's only Metal Gear Solid as far as I know. Games like the Resident Evil games ask you to switch the disc, but they allow you to save before doing so. This means that you can just save, turn of your Wii and use the GC Backup Launcher to boot the second disc. It should just load the save file and continue the game.

Fi that is the case...then it will work...but did anybody actually play through and test all the Resident Evil games to test it and see if this happens at end of Disc 1? If it does, obviously instructions for the multi disc game should be explained a bit to people....but I'm not 100% sure this is even the case....

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Jfk002 said:
@Wiigator

wink.gif

Gamecube games run in gamecube mode ==> no wiimote, no usb, no wifi, no lan, no sd card

I actually have a Gamecube to XBOX/PS2 controller adapter.
so i actually use my PS2 paddle to play Gamecube games
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I do, but its ok. One of these days, you may get lucky and experience what one feels like.