Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lightyear said:
NSMB Wii. No questions asked. It's the first game that actually does its job in grabbing the attention of the old gamers like myself just as much as the young ones, too. Nintendo said right from the start at E3, when Wii was unveiled, they want to appeal to the entire potential audience from young children to older retired people....well, I think we all remember stomping Bowser when we were young kids on NES, and now we can do it at 50, too lol

Not to really shoot down your opinion, but Nintendo did an awful job of making it appeal to "casual" gamers. You need to be a serious Mario champ to do good in this game. Super Guide just doesn't work at all. Watching some pro Mario player do the level and then saying "Yeah, this guy was super awesome... Now can you do it? Or shall we skip the level?" just simply won't work. I would have expected more ingenuity from Nintendo.

The game is still good for the hardcore guys, though.

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm really enjoying NSMB Wii. I get to play a whole new 2d Mario by myself and if / when I want to get seriously frustrated I play it together with my wife. The multiplayer is great IMO: It makes it a lot harder but if you look beyond the frustrations and try to enjoy the accidental deaths it's a lot of fun and you get to enjoy the game twice!

Best game of the year goes to Little King's Story though. I was completely hooked by that game, first game that made me feel that way in a while (since Twilight Princess actually).

Honourable mention to Lostwinds: Winter of the Melodias for showing what is possible on Wiiware...

MadWorld did nothing for me, every now and then I pick it up and I enjoy it for a while but after ten minutes I get bored. To me it feels like there is no real game behind the violence, there probably is but I just don't see it.

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
everybody's forgetting about another code: r, that was an absolutely stunning game.

Cursed mountain was one I was looking forward to this year, but I played it for 5 mins and then haven't had a chance to play it since. Didn't really grab me though.

And silent hill I haven't played yet, but am seriously looking forward to when I get it!

Oh and secret files 2 (I think that came out this year??
huh.gif
) was a great game on the whole, the secret files series is massively underrated and had loads of potential as an adventure game series.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
3) Wii sPorts Resort - (yes i now its caual, but WM+ = amazing!!!)
2) The Conduit
1) NSMB WII

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
lightyear said:
NSMB Wii. No questions asked. It's the first game that actually does its job in grabbing the attention of the old gamers like myself just as much as the young ones, too. Nintendo said right from the start at E3, when Wii was unveiled, they want to appeal to the entire potential audience from young children to older retired people....well, I think we all remember stomping Bowser when we were young kids on NES, and now we can do it at 50, too lol

Not to really shoot down your opinion, but Nintendo did an awful job of making it appeal to "casual" gamers. You need to be a serious Mario champ to do good in this game. Super Guide just doesn't work at all. Watching some pro Mario player do the level and then saying "Yeah, this guy was super awesome... Now can you do it? Or shall we skip the level?" just simply won't work. I would have expected more ingenuity from Nintendo.

The game is still good for the hardcore guys, though.

nintendo does make it way to easy...a little too easy
ive been playing mario since i was 3
addind a few new items and upgrading the levels to mke it look cooler doesnt make it harder or better
the game is not even close to deserve wii game of the year

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
as much as i LOVE nsmb wii - making it appeal to casual games weas a stupid idea - mario should be hardcore-only

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Eddie_Brock said:
My vote is for Dead Space: Extraction...
I wasn't too sure what to expect going in. "Another on-rails shooter? yay" Pleasantly surprised! This game was absolutely stunning. Great gameplay in every sense. I was truly captivated and played it through 3 times on increasing difficulty. When normally I only 'plan' to play again, I immediately jumped back in upon finishing it... twice!
An awesome game that is truly an underdog.

I loved it so much I am now playing Dead Space on PC and its become one of the most immersive games I have ever played. Two thumbs up for both of these games. For once I can say "Good Job EA" without any sarcasm
smileipb2.png
Amen to that.

Pip'

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nsmbw gets my vote, although i thought the game was actually easy, i got through the final bowser in 1 try on my 1st try through.

very close 2nd (actually maybe tie for 1st) punch out, that game is awesome and really challenging.
and then of course, modern warfare reflex comes in 3rd. 4th would be resident evil darkside chronicles, very sweet game. and rabbids go home which is cheesy but can be fun for a while. i forget what else came out really.

edit; i forgot the actual best game of the year

Coldstone the game!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...