WiiFSA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, everyone

Well they wouldn't help me on the noob thread, I didn't find an answer by searching, and I'm kinda in a hurry because i leave town soon, so this is my last hope...

So I had a problem...my Wii keeps freezing out of no where. :\
I noticed it first when I was playing brawl and I thought it was the hacks, but while using other applications on the HBC it froze many times again. It didn't freeze that often before, but now its just ridiculous, I also didn't do any changes to my Wii nor installed anything new from when it didn't freeze often to now when it freezes way too much, and I don't know if this has anything to do with the freezing problem, but a lot of my apps often just load into a black screen, and I have to
restart my Wii and load the app again.

Also is there a fix for the fan problem on standby?(I'm guessing it's the fan) If I play a game by disc and I put the Wii on standby the fan stays on, it only does this when i start a disc, if I don't use a disc and I put it on standby the Wii makes no noise.

I don't know how to fix this, hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks.

tl;dr - My Wii freezes a lot, some one help me.

Cruton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be having the same problem that just started today, Saturday the 19th.
The Wii seems to work fine until I either go into the Homebrew Channel or try to play one of the games I installed with the .wad manager.
When I do that, sometimes the Wii freezes, but most times it just seems to lose connection to the Wii remotes.
The four bottom lights start to flash, then go off.
After that any time I push a button, the 4 lights start to flash, then go off.
Like the Wii console is off and the remotes have nothing to connect to.
But then I can reset the console and everything works fine again until I go into the HBC or the other .wad games.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Cruton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do that even though it was your guide I followed in the first place a couple of weeks ago?

Cruton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my Wii started working right again, so here is what happened:
I unzipped the modify.zip to my SD card and put it into the Wii slot, but then I had to go do some other stuff.
I come back, and my daughter turns on the Wii and goes to the HBC, but doesn't see what she normally sees and asks me about it.
I told her that I was working on something, and I then removed the SD card.
After that, the Wiiflow came up, and everything started working right.
Even rebooted the Wii a few times to be sure, and so far everything is good.

Go figure.

WiiFSA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I updated my IOS using Dope-IOS and the problem persists...I even had to restart my Wii at least 5 times while updating the IOS because of random freezes.

btw im still 4.1 does that matter?

WiiFSA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Dope-IOS I got a upside down HBC when updating IOS36 only thing that fixed it was reinstalling it with out Hash Check nor ES_identity are any of those important?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah those are important man.

Thats what install cIOS.

you need to reinstall HBC so it can run under IOS61, and not IOS36

WiiFSA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I update IOS36 with both Hash Check and ES_identity on then get upside down HBC then reinstall HBC to IOS61... and will this stop all the freezing? ._.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiFSA said:
Also is there a fix for the fan problem on standby?(I'm guessing it's the fan) If I play a game by disc and I put the Wii on standby the fan stays on, it only does this when i start a disc, if I don't use a disc and I put it on standby the Wii makes no noise.
I don't know how to fix this, hopefully someone can help me.

This likely not your fan. Its your disc spinning endlessly inside the Wii. Its a known bug with an outdated version of PreLoader. There are two options: 1) Remove your game discs when you power down the Wii 2) Update your Preloader to 0.30, or Install Priiloader, both of which fix this issue.

I hope this helps.
blank.gif

WiiFSA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apparently i need to convert the .elf file to .dol anyone have a converter?

WiiFSA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm sorry for being so noob, but how do I install HBC to IOS61? I don't see an option for it on the HackMii Installer.

WiiFSA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eddie_Brock said:
This likely not your fan. Its your disc spinning endlessly inside the Wii. Its a known bug with an outdated version of PreLoader. There are two options: 1) Remove your game discs when you power down the Wii 2) Update your Preloader to 0.30, or Install Priiloader, both of which fix this issue.

I hope this helps.
blank.gif

Oh so that's what it was...lol thanks

Which one is better? I heard there was one called Starpatch or something like that, also will they just install over my old Preloader?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1