YanickC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I have a strange thing going on with the last Wiis I soft-modded using ModMii. Using the 4.5.0 version of ModMii, I modded some 4.3U Wii and then tried some games from my hard drive. For some reason I can't explain, the Wii's freezing when I choose the "Return to system menu" option in the "home" menu (black screen, wiimote shuts down, that's all until I press the power button for five seconds to reboot).

I tried the same game, on the same usb drive on another wii - mine - (upgraded to 4.3U with ModMii too, same version) but the problem doesn't appear... So, I thought it might be the USB loader (configurable USB loader)... so I tried WiiFlow but the results are the same : no freezing on my personnal Wii but no reboot possible on the other Wiis. Actually, I can reproduce the problem on three different Wiis!

The problem doesn't occur with every games, some reboots fine on every Wii... I looked at the SysCheck report, only to find some differences, as follow :

Amongst other, my Wii has theses IOSes installed :
IOS16 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Acces Flash, Acces NAND
IOS51 (rev 4633): No patches
IOS247[37] (rev 20): Trucha Bug, Acces NAND, USB 2.0
IOS248[38] (rev 20): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Acces NAND
IOS249 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, Acces NAND, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, Acces NAND, USB 2.0
IOS251[38] (rev 20): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Acces NAND

While the other ones have these :
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS249 (rev 21003): Trucha Bug, Acces NAND, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 21003): Trucha Bug, Acces NAND, USB 2.0

I tried running the usb loaders on IOS 249, 250... From the forwarder channel, from the HBC... Installing different versions of IOS 249... (one thing, the version of IOS249 that comes in ModMii isn't well read in Configurable USB Loader... even with v.66c... I'm not home now but I'll post the info later)

Is there anything else I could try to pinpoint the trouble?

Thanks in advance!

YanickC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All the Wiis are 4.3U (some were hacked from the original 4.3 SM, some were upgraded to 4.3 SM with the ModMii method). As for the base, I suppose you're talking of the 249, 250 ioses... again, the default ones from ModMii (d2v3 or something like that...)

SysCheck shows that my version of IOS 249 is not the same as the other Wii... but I can't tell why (since I ran the update with MMM on that Wii too, using the same ModMii bundle).

I'm gonna start again tonight, but I don't want mess blindly with these since BootMii can't be installed as Boot2, so I'm not fully protected against brick...

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tongue.gif
, When I say base, usually a cIOS is installed by selecting a base IOS, patching it, and installing it to a new slot (for example 249), 249 is not the base. Do you not know what you installed as base?

YanickC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I get it, I thought the SysCheck did show the bases... sorry
wink.gif
base 56 for cIOS 249 and base 57 for cIOS 250, from the v21d2x3 update.

Like I wrote, I don't really know why my IOS249 isn't reported like the "problematic" Wiis... It's been a long time since my wii was hacked, and I updated a couple of times my cIOS so, I can't really tell you what base I used last time.

YanickC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cfg USB Loader reports my cIOSes (on the non-freezing Wii) as follow :
247 - base 37 (rev 20)
248 - base 38 (rev20)
249 - base 56 (rev 21 d2x-v3)
250 - base 57 (rev 21 d2x-v3)

Will post later regarding one of the freezing Wii...

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would post this on the d2x thread. Maybe it is an unfixed bug, or someone will be able to hep you.

YanickC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks M1r0.

But guess what... I think I found out! I happen to have a LCD TV (Sony or something like that) that seems to handle very well PAL games on a NTSC Wii... I plugged my working Wii on a somewhat older TV and the video settings weren't good at all. Using game defaults (a PAL game), I had a grey scrolling image on my TV and when I tried to return to the Wii Menu (guessing where the buttons were on the scrolling TV), my Wii froze on me. I changed the video settings to "System Default" and... voilà! The image was OK (forcing NTSC it seems) and I could go back to the Wii menu without any problem at all.

I'll have the chance to try with one of the other Wiis later this evening but I really hope that's gonna work. (altough it doesn't answer everyone of my original questions, like : how come my Wii worked ok on my LCD TV and not the others... sharing the same USB loaders parameters, I should have had the exact same behavior... Perhaps the 480p vs 480i settings???)

wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool