lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I've installed Wii Flow lite with the latest version 5.5.3 , I can see all my games on the internal SD card and it downloads all the box art and it's working great for wii games and Gamecube games

but i cant for the life of me get it to recognise any external storage from either the back USB ports or the front USB ports..I'm using a Sandisk 400GB microSD card inserted into a USB card reader.

I think its a USB 3 card reader although I assume this is backward compatible with the Wii

I've also tried a USB adaptor on a 2.5 inch 1TB HD but that doesn't work either.

I've formated the SD card and HD's as FAT32 / NTFS and tried them on all 4 USB ports.

I've also gone into the wiiflow settings / startup and turned off “Mount SD Only”.

Am I missing something obvious here as nothing I try seems to work :(

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm using a microSD card inserted into a USB card reader

I've also tried a USB adaptor on a 2.5 inch 1TB HD
This is a standard Issue already descriped in trillion threads in our forum, but for sure we need another one. This combinations are the worst to use on a USB Loader, because of compatibility reason. The chance a drive enclosure works is much higher and external hdd drives are recommended.

Using loader/game cIOS 249/250/251 with dx2-v10-beta52 ONLY supports back port 0. Dx2 is incompatible with a lot of (new) drives.
Using loader IOS 58 with game cIOS 251(base58) allows using both backports for GC/Wii games. Theoreticaly also the front ports, but only for GC games. Wii games can only played on back ports. IOS58 has USB 2.0 support and compatible with nearly every drive.

There also exists a very nice guide here for this kind of problem, which is mainly for USB Laoder GX but also can help on Wiiflow to determine the problem and get a solution.

Last edited by Sypherone,

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks that’s really helpful, i’ve been stuck on this for a while ..is there an easy way to tell what cios settings i’ve got as it was a while ago i hacked my wiiu…Is syscheck
still in use or outdated now by something better ?

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks in the end it was a corrupted installation of wiiflow lite..after deleting the app and reinstalling from scratch i was able to detect my external HD with no issues...to be honest wiiflow lite doesnt seem particularly stable..on the 2nd install it wouldn't detect all my games after crashing halfway through downloading the box art ...finally after a 3 fresh install it worked perfectly...oh well it seems stable now and is pretty awesome :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4