Gaming Wii Fit PAL not working on NTSC-U

karyuudo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried getting Wii Fit PAL release working on my NTSC-U console, and after the Wii menu screen it just goes black. Anyone else having this problem too? And yes I do have a balance board since I bought the Japanese release of it.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
karyuudo said:
I just tried getting Wii Fit PAL release working on my NTSC-U console, and after the Wii menu screen it just goes black. Anyone else having this problem too? And yes I do have a balance board since I bought the Japanese release of it.

Use FreeLoader ... it does more than just make your Wii temporarily region-free
wink.gif

go ghe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all,
Wii Fit Pal original asks my NTSC-US wiikey clone modded to update, is it safe to do so?
I also tried with Freeloader but the Wii Fit game disc wasn't recognized on Wii
Thanks for any help

ri4z

Trophies
XP
Country
No - you will get double channels if you update.

Freeloader worked for me, though I did get disc not recognized on one occasion.

I suggest you try again.

FYI - I have wiikey 1.9s, NTSC-U wii 3.2U and got PAL wii fit working with Freeloader

Thanks

psykotik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm assuming you'll have to use freeloader everytime you want to play the PAL game on NTSC systems, right?

would brickblocking the pal iso work? (so that i dont have to use freeloader)

or is freeloader the only way to make the game play on NTSC?

karyuudo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psykotik said:
i'm assuming you'll have to use freeloader everytime you want to play the PAL game on NTSC systems, right?

would brickblocking the pal iso work? (so that i dont have to use freeloader)

or is freeloader the only way to make the game play on NTSC?

Tried Brickblocking and it didn't work. I guess I'll need to use Freeloader or wait until the NTSC version comes out.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
boobooman said:
Silly question but what update is on the disc as i had no update on my pal wii?

It's because your region doesn't match, so it's trying to give you an update you'll already have ... just the other region's version of it.

Posts merged

QUOTE(lookout @ Apr 26 2008, 02:12 PM) Silly question 2: what the point having Wii fit game - if you don't have the fitness board?

You can still do a couple of the activities ... jogging, for instance.

go ghe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys, my Wii Fit Pal original on my wii NTSC-US 3.2U wiikey clone modded still doesn't work
frown.gif

I'd like to let u know what I've done until now

1. Insert original Wii Fit game, it asks to update: I didn't do this (does this update contain IOS37 ?)
2. Freeloader single and double swap before inserting the Wii Fit original: Wii didn't recognized the disc
3. Insert a back up Wii Fit JAP patched with:
3.1. WuM to remove the update
3.2. WuM to change to 3.2U update
--> Wii didn't recognized the disc
4. Freeloader single swap then Wii Fit JAP: Wii didn't recognized the disc (A Wii Fit JAP back up asked also to update)
5. Insert a Family Ski back up after removing 001 error: game plays well but I can't sync the Wii Balance Board (is Wii Fit the only game to sync the Wii Balance Board ?)

Hope that you can help. Thanks guys

psykotik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hope someone can spell it out for me:

ok so assuming that i already have freeloader and wiifit burnt onto disc, what exactly do i have to do?

1. insert freeloader, wait for it to flash twice or whatever
2. eject freeloader
3. insert wii fit
4. it will ask for update? and i should let it update?
5. then i eject and put freeloader back in?
6. wait for freeloader to flash twice again?
7. eject freeloader and put in wii fit?
8. wii fit loads up and i can finally play??????

is that how it will be like? (sorry, never used freeloader or PAL region games with updates on my NTSC wii before!)

go ghe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@psykotik
normally Freeloader must block the update.
But as I wrote above, when I tried it, the disc wasn't recognized on the Disc Channel and any disc you put from that moment can't be recognized, it seems the Wii drive stops reading, I can't hear any noise.

Must I have to accept the update at the end? how about the 001 error?

I'm so disapponted to have the balance but impossble to play

psykotik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i'll have to try it out myself then.

my assumptions above are based on what this guy says in the video on his site:

http://www.nintencast.com/feature.php?suba...mp;ucat=22&

(for games with updates on them. i might have misinterpreted though!)

but as long as wii fit PAL will work on NTSC wiis (via freeloader), then hooray!

im planning to buy the japanese wii fit and use the balance board with the PAL wii fit (at least until NTSC wii fit is out and then i'll just be using the board with the NTSC wii fit!)

psykotik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
go ghe said:
@psykotik
normally Freeloader must block the update.
But as I wrote above, when I tried it, the disc wasn't recognized on the Disc Channel and any disc you put from that moment can't be recognized, it seems the Wii drive stops reading, I can't hear any noise.

Must I have to accept the update at the end? how about the 001 error?

I'm so disapponted to have the balance but impossble to play

hmmm. thebobevil in another thread says you have to do the double swap method or something?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=83893

thebobevil said:
QUOTE(Handicapman @ Apr 25 2008, 10:37 AM) I bought the PAL Wii Fit yesterday and tried to use it on my USA 3.2U Wii with Wiikey and firmw. 1.9s but it doesn't work. I had to update which left another 2 duplicate channels but after that the only thing I could see was the Wii Fit Intro on the Wii channel, trying to run the game resulted in a black screen.Anyone else better luck yet?

Use the duplicate channel remover ...

Then, get yourself a FreeLoader disc ... a US one ... either buy or download ...

[You may have to do the double-swap, rather than the single-swap method ... the first time ...]

Use the FreeLoader ... after the blur has stopped, eject the FreeLoader, and insert the WiiFit disc ... if it wants to update, let it ...

ri4z

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, my experience with this, as already mentioned I have NTSC-U Wii, v3.2U, Wiikey 1.9s.

(1) Inserted PAL Wii Fit, it asked to update. I thought I'd set the wiikey to block updates via the config disc (but didn't set dev to YES) so it updated..
(2) Now had dual channels
(3) Removed channels using channel remover v2
(4) Burnt a cracked copy of freeloader
(5) Run freeloader, insert Wii Fit and presto it works...

Also tried a backup copy of wii fit with regionfrii and brickblocker but no luck with that.

psykotik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ri4z said:
OK, my experience with this, as already mentioned I have NTSC-U Wii, v3.2U, Wiikey 1.9s.

(1) Inserted PAL Wii Fit, it asked to update. I thought I'd set the wiikey to block updates via the config disc (but didn't set dev to YES) so it updated..
(2) Now had dual channels
(3) Removed channels using channel remover v2
(4) Burnt a cracked copy of freeloader
(5) Run freeloader, insert Wii Fit and presto it works...

Also tried a backup copy of wii fit with regionfrii and brickblocker but no luck with that.

i have the exact same setup as you do.

one question, after you ran the update, got the dual channels and deleted the channels...., was your wii still under 3.2U? or does it become 3.2E? any other problems besides dual channels?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0