Wii Firmware 3.3 Question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Edster, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Edster
    OP

Edster GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2006
    United States
    I took the update on my Wii with Wii Music disc. I believe this is not the nasty update that blocked Homebrew. I have not installed the Twilight Hack and do not have any Wii Homebrew channels.

My question is, can I still install the hack with this update? Should I install the hack? I don't care about VC games. I am paranoid about taking further updates.

I have a WiiKey.

Thanks.

2. EmperorOfCanada

EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    If you are chipped, dont care about VC or Wiiware or homebrew or ever using a backup launcher. Then really there is no point.

If you DO plan on installing Wads then I think the safest protection/prevention is being on 3.2 with starfall installed. And that means installing HBC with twilight hack.

3. bobsackamano

bobsackamano Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    Dont want to tread steal but I have similar question to Op so maybe my question will help also.
    I am at 3.3U with wiikey orginal installed @ 1.9s, no backup channel or anything else added.
    My issue is since the 3.3U update I have some older backups that have been scrubbed that now wont work that I would like to have working again.
    My question is how do I go about getting these backups to work again? can I unscrub a burnt disc? Would a new wiikey 2 help? Or should and could I go HBC route?

TIA

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice