Hacking Wii Firmware 3.3 Question

Edster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took the update on my Wii with Wii Music disc. I believe this is not the nasty update that blocked Homebrew. I have not installed the Twilight Hack and do not have any Wii Homebrew channels.

My question is, can I still install the hack with this update? Should I install the hack? I don't care about VC games. I am paranoid about taking further updates.

I have a WiiKey.

Thanks.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you are chipped, dont care about VC or Wiiware or homebrew or ever using a backup launcher. Then really there is no point.

If you DO plan on installing Wads then I think the safest protection/prevention is being on 3.2 with starfall installed. And that means installing HBC with twilight hack.

bobsackamano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont want to tread steal but I have similar question to Op so maybe my question will help also.
I am at 3.3U with wiikey orginal installed @ 1.9s, no backup channel or anything else added.
My issue is since the 3.3U update I have some older backups that have been scrubbed that now wont work that I would like to have working again.
My question is how do I go about getting these backups to work again? can I unscrub a burnt disc? Would a new wiikey 2 help? Or should and could I go HBC route?

TIA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it'll give ya time to practice anyway