Gaming ****Wii Firmware 3.0U****

jr9770

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updatd my Wii with Wiikey installed. Nothing happened. Everything worked. I have a PAL one.

Same here.
Only thing happend was that inet (wifi) was not working after update, needed to readd him.
Getting error when first starting shop channel again, everything after that worked fine
Unable to load news channel (had then after wiikey was installed) but now it does show 1 news line when in main channel but still unable to enter it (ERROR: NEWS000006)
Games working perfect, backups also, faster loading time and menu switch but still that news error
tongue.gif

:update:
That notice window i only get when i wanna do another update check so that's why some didn't noticed it i think

I'm getting that error on the news channel as well. I have a US NTSC Wii and a Wiikey. Has anyone figured out if this error is related to the update or our mod chips? I'd be curious to know if a console without a mod chip installed can access the news channel without problem since the update. Everything else works fine for me. I can access all the other channels, play backups, etc. It's just the news channel that craps out.

linFox

Trophies
Website
www.linfoxdomain.com
XP
Country
So, basically, 3.0 works just fine if you just use GCOS for the setup discs.
Only, a lot of people have also posted that their news thingy doesn't work anymore? can anyone confirm that it works fine after updating?
Everything worked fine for me, no errors anywhere. PAL Wii with Wiikey.

seank

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The one single post that was made on this forum by a guy who has failed to post any more info since?

I was asleep, and now I'm at work. I don't sit on this forum all day and night.

I removed the chip last night and the console was back to normal (retail games working, backups not). When putting the chip back in, no games were working again. So, the console is fine, but the chip isn't.

I haven't tested it anymore since then. I left the console's power unplugged overnight but haven't tried it yet today. Otherwise, I guess I can try re-flashing the chip or getting a new chip.

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one single post that was made on this forum by a guy who has failed to post any more info since?

I removed the chip last night and the console was back to normal (retail games working, backups not). When putting the chip back in, no games were working again. So, the console is fine, but the chip isn't.

I haven't tested it anymore since then. I left the console's power unplugged overnight but haven't tried it yet today. Otherwise, I guess I can try re-flashing the chip or getting a new chip.

So basically Nintendo bricked your chip, something seems really wrong about that.

seank

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So basically Nintendo bricked your chip, something seems really wrong about that.

If they did do that, then I would guess that it was un-intentional. It wouldn't really make sense for them to target just one chip but not others.

I assume that it's some bug in the Openwii code which is preventing it from working - but that doesn't explain why it works for some but not for others.

PuddingSenator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's a pretty enormous conclusion to jump to based off of a single report of a single type of chip not working after the update. There could be lots of other factors involved.

Let's just try and chill out.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sounds like the chip needs to be reprogrammed

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I wait out on some games tell the end of the systems life, so I won't have any problem modding.

Operator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok so let me just get this straight...

wiikey works with the new update from nintendo but a few things like news and maybe the shop arent functioning 100% properly for some people.. but otherwise there is no reason to avoid the update with a wiikey, correct?

i wonder how long one can even use a wii without getting the update? i had to get an update when i played mario strikers but i guess that was a different update?

necronzero

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

wiikey works with the new update from nintendo but a few things like news and maybe the shop arent functioning 100% properly for some people.. but otherwise there is no reason to avoid the update with a wiikey, correct?

i wonder how long one can even use a wii without getting the update? i had to get an update when i played mario strikers but i guess that was a different update?

I have the same question: IS IT SAFE TO UPDATE?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

it seems a bit random.. for many many people nothing is wrong, just the blocked out discs (action replay, modchip setup discs, etc) that can be bypassed with gcos. That news channel seems to be a bit random.. lotsa ppl have it workin fine and a few have issues

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
like the update's worth it anyways -__-

my update was fine except for news channel doesnt work (could be my connection)

also my opera browser froze twice but it could just be a coincidence

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...