Hacking Wii Exploit found in Photo Channel ?

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Possibly, but isn't the thought possible? As I said earlier I'm no hacker and have 0 experience but I have heared about jpegs allowing "hackers" to run code on systems on computers a few times (working from memory which is hell this time of day
tongue.gif
; after studying for the past few hours for a test).

It worked on psp firmwares 2.00 - 2.80 or there was 2 different exploits but they did same thing.
Wii
biggrin.gif
! That means what I said wasn't total nonsence
tongue.gif

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
The guy who uploaded the video to YouTube claims that the BootLoader and tools for dumping the discs will be released on January 1st via newsgroups and various other outlets. Don't start holding your breath, though.
wink.gif

joe18

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
yes. and everything said in any E3 is always true.

just as ps3 can connect 2 hdtv simultaneously and has 2 hdmi ports and what else...

No. it doesn't read dvd9, but there is a rumor that a wii capable of doing that is on the way. at least in japan.

but atm. it cannot read dvd9,

only

* 8 cm GameCube optical disc.
* 12 cm Wii Optical Disc.

Lukeage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You people do realise that the laser tech in the Wii is the same as your standard DVD drive. DVD9 just refers to a disc with dual layers, and I'm positive the drive can read the second layer (since all it needs to do is refocus, and it has focusing for single layer discs anyhow). All 12cm Wii Optical disc refers to is a DVD disc that has a filesystem and TOC which only the Wii can read at the moment. I would be very surprised if there is any physical difference (even GC discs aren't physically different to 8cm dvd discs.)

sixb0nes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
D

Deleted User

completly fake,a real hackproof video would show a hello world program or something simple like that. There's no way someone found the exploit, deved the tools to dump isos, and cam just after all that
he would too eager to show his stuff.
These foolish fools never stop their foolishness... Â PW2

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
He has several transitions in the video. Fade to black, blur-fade, several clips rolled into one. If it was the real thing, why so much montage? Why couldn't he just put the camera on a tripod or something, and film it all in one take? That first one (where they used another Wii to run an original game) was much better.

Yeah. You hit the nail on the head. I want to believe. But there's a video like this every other day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small