Wii emulator questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Hedgehogofchaos, Dec 26, 2008.

Dec 26, 2008

Wii emulator questions by Hedgehogofchaos at 4:25 AM (1,165 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Hedgehogofchaos
    OP

Member Hedgehogofchaos GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So tomorrow's boxing day and im thinking about picking up a 16GB sdhc card for my wii. I just wanted to make sure the homebrew channel does indeed support it and was wondering if you could store the roms and isos on it or do you store them in the system memory. I have the homebrew chanel already installed should i get the 16GB sdhc cards to play n64 and psx games on my wii

edit: sorry i was very rushed writing this to the point can emulators for wii play iso and roms off the 16GB sdhc card?

2. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    they dont work yet both of them can only play about 5 games so save your money for now until their actually working properly

3. adriande2

Member adriande2 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    do not use sdhc, it doesn't work with the wii at all
    make sure it's a normal SD card, or a micro or mini SD card with an SD adapter

4. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    actually the hbc does support it.

5. sl33p

Member sl33p GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's a software issue as to why the normal Wii system-menu can't read the cards...the hardware is fully capable of doing so. And far as I'm aware most recently developed and compiled homebrew software hassupport for SDHC in its library. But, hold off on the card for now as the N64 emu really isn't quite there yet. Hopefully it will continue to progress as quickly as it has been.

6. krissynz

Newcomer krissynz Advanced Member

United States
    I'm using a Toshiba 4 Gig SDHC card and it works fine for my homebrew.