Hacking Wii DVD Dumper

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Choose to dump it via Wifi in the options and it'll give you an IP address which you type into your browser. Then you click on the presented link and save it someplace.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... i was about to say "forget what i said" but thanks anywayz!
biggrin.gif
this app is wicked cool
smile.gif
. Makes things a lot easier than torrents
tongue.gif

Melchizedek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By the way, do any of you know why my WiFi download speed is limited to something like 70kbps? The download starts at roughly 300kbps, like it should, then drops... Dumping a game takes me 7 or 8 hours, while it should only take about 3...

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having issues with the dumper too, every time I use Wifi mode it stops with 'error ret = -10015'. It only gets about 100-300mb into the game before it does this. I'm using cIOS 249 that comes with 0.3 gamma, should I be using a different version?

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Melchizedek said:
By the way, do any of you know why my WiFi download speed is limited to something like 70kbps? The download starts at roughly 300kbps, like it should, then drops... Dumping a game takes me 7 or 8 hours, while it should only take about 3...

Need more information about your router.

Also, is the computer receiving the ISO also using Wifi? If so, that will double the time it takes. Wifi can't actually send/receive data at the same time. To solve this, have the PC connected via a network cable.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rykin said:
Melchizedek said:

Need more information about your router.

Also, is the computer receiving the ISO also using Wifi? If so, that will double the time it takes. Wifi can't actually send/receive data at the same time. To solve this, have the PC connected via a network cable.

Yeah it will double the time especially if someone is leeching your wifi. Do you have security enabled? Or a torrent program running?

Melchizedek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, my PC is also WiFi connected, but my connection is protected... Still, 70kbps is a fraction of my possible download speed... I have a Linksys WRT54G

Heykrop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Melchizedek said:
Yes, my PC is also WiFi connected, but my connection is protected... Still, 70kbps is a fraction of my possible download speed... I have a Linksys WRT54G

It will be slower when both the Wii and the receiving PC are using WiFi but it should not be that slow.

My laptop over wifi using IE 7 to connect got me about 120kbps. Using FireFox yielded about 250kbps. Both these numbers were consistent as well

My laptop hard wired to my router got about 600kbps when using FireFox.. (Did not bother testing IE seeing it was so slow before)

Hard wiring for me is a pain so I end up using WiFi with WGet 1.11.4 and WinWGet ui for it. Using this combo gets me about 300-340kbps over WiFi.

Hope this helps.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thats your problem in a nut shell....
The wrt54g series of router have a known lag time and are also known to lock up with constant transfers on internal or external...
For example transferring a load of files from one pc to another over your local lan locks up and everyone else's connections slow to a crawl....
An external example is that of bittorrent that just nearly usually crashes the router....

Solution is to either get a diffrent brand of router or flash it with a open source firmware solution such as dd-wrt.....

Source of info:

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#Special_no...G_GL_GS_routers

Remember goggle.com is your friend and mine!,
-Kitt050383

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
When I dump my Wii game it make an ISO of 2GB and the wii said it was successful. But in my computer (Firefox) said that i'm downloading 4.4GB(450KB/sec) but it only make an 2GB ISO File

bell30655

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I just bumped this old thread. I found this by accident and the thought had not occurred to me about plugging my computer into the router via the ethernet cable as opposed to it using the WiFi as well. Now my DVD Dumping speeds are around 500+ KB/Sec. If only (Waninkoko hear my plea...) we could dump using the USB LAN from the Wii... Imagine the speeds, imagine the time saved, imagine how grateful we backuppers would be!

I'm using:

Nintendo Wii with 4.0U (via WiFi)
Wii DVD Dumper (cIOS) v1.2
Linksys WRTP54G WiFi Router
PC using Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 8 (via Ethernet cable)

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
bell30655 said:
Yep, I just bumped this old thread. I found this by accident and the thought had not occurred to me about plugging my computer into the router via the ethernet cable as opposed to it using the WiFi as well. Now my DVD Dumping speeds are around 500+ KB/Sec. If only (Waninkoko hear my plea...) we could dump using the USB LAN from the Wii... Imagine the speeds, imagine the time saved, imagine how grateful we backuppers would be!

I'm using:

Nintendo Wii with 4.0U (via WiFi)
Wii DVD Dumper (cIOS) v1.2
Linksys WRTP54G WiFi Router
PC using Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 8 (via Ethernet cable)
Easier still. Backup with USB Loader -> plug HDD into PC -> extract with any WBFS tool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.