Hacking Wii drive not working through disc channel

mutorcs37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just soft modded a 4.0u wii. Installed homebrew, trucha bug restorer, neogamma r7, anyway the drive will not boot a disc but only through Neogamma r7. And neo gamma must be opened first before any disc is inserted (official wii games) otherwise if a disc is already inserted no matter what channel you click on, you can get into the channel but once you enter start to load the channel nothing happens just a frozen black screen then you must do a forced power off. Was wondering what the problem may be? I mean I can get the disc to launch through Neogamma, but it's just kind of a pain to do this.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what? When you hit start on a game from the disc channel it freezes, or when you hit ANY Channel, such as the news channel, the Shop Channel, or the Weather channel, it freezes?

mutorcs37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, exactly what was happening. If you had a disc in. The system seemed to be looping just trying to read the disc and that was that. But I ended up bricking it fully, which I knew I was gonna do. Took it back today and got a new one. Was only 10 days old. Just told them it never worked, that I hooked it up to 3 TVs and it never worked. But there were no wiis left so I got my money back and had to drive 40 miles to get one. Wal-Marts and all other stores are totally sold out. Just like gold to get one here now. Not gonna try anything on this one until things become a bit more stable on the newer systems.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you have Preloader/Priiloader installed try disabling all hacks and test if it works again.

...or in c:
Code:
if(preloader || priiloader)
{
ÂÂdisableHacks(all);
ÂÂ_retry();
}

mutorcs37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did have priiloader installed, but as an IOS. Wii was fully bricked. Black screen with green led power light on, no signal to TV. Couldn't even get to the priiloader menu at all.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mutorcs37 said:
Did have priiloader installed, but as an IOS. Wii was fully bricked. Black screen with green led power light on, no signal to TV. Couldn't even get to the priiloader menu at all.

priiloader as IOS? Don't you mean BootMii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Did they make a tomb raider for N64?