Hacking Wii doesn't read original disc

strangerke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
After i softmodded my wii (i followed the complete softmod guide) i can play games that are on Hard disc , BUT now i can't play any original disc anymore .
Firmware version is 4.2E
What could be wrong with it ??????????

grnorris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
your dvd drive could be broken

Curious. How exactly would following the Softmod guide break his drive? Unless the loader he uses has an issue with it like the ones DVDx had back when we switched from 3.x to 4.x sys menu (that's how my disc drive got broken a few years back and why I bothered with USB-Loaders in the first place).

Not sure I can help but, if you would please tell us what USB-Loader you chose as if memory serves they give you a choice. I personally chose to use CFG (Configurable USB Loader) and added in a forwarder channel. If you chose one the loaders that work through the disc channel I could foresee an issue with mixed signals (I've seen a lot of threads about people with issues derived from DarkCorp (I believe that's the name of it).

Something you could try (though it is a bit of a pain) is to use you backup then test the drive then (whether it's working or not) begin reinstalling the other hacks. Note: Last I checked they still suggested using a slightly older version of the IOS236 installer. I'd suggest the newest version as it adds a bit of stability just be sure to say your not a pirate (fun stuff if you say you are...) You can find the site for it within the readme from the provided installer.

You should also be careful about what hacks you enable, I personally use the auto a at health screen, NOCOPY save protection, and I think I had one more in there for stability purposes.

strangerke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just erased every channel that was placed with the softmod, so it LOOKS like a original wii and went back to the store, because it was only 2 weeks old and in warranty.

They tested the wii and said it was the laser ???
I immidiately got another wii , without any questions .

So i went home (very happy) did the softmod again and this time everything works fine .

Probably it wasn't the laser , but who cares , i got another one and my problem is solved well
yaywii.gif
biggrin.gif

btw .; i use GXloader

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you used darkcorp 1.1 installer, re-run the installer app, and select uninstall. Then use pimp my wii to re-patch all your ioses. I had that problem with a few wii's I modded....as soon as I uninstalled darkcorp 1.1 and ran pimp my wii, they were all running disks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo