Hacking Wii doesn't read ANY discs

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my brother's Wii that has the D2PRO9 modchip installed, can no longer read or play any discs at all, either backups or original games no longer work, not even Wii Sports or Wii Play are able to be read, it always has the "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshotting."
there is no Homebrew Channel or apps installed, just that modchip, what can be done to solve the problem and make the Wii playable again? thank you for any help in this problem

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Wii lens cleaner didn't help,
the only way to even update the chip is to connect it to another piece that needs to be purchased
frown.gif

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
easier way to find out if the chip is defective is to solder it out and try your originals

if orignals work.. your chip is busted, or messed up soldering... are you on 4.2??
if originals don't still work.. there might be a brigde on the soldering of the modchip, or busted lase.. or worst busted drive

is the wii working fine before the modhip is isntalled?

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nitrostemp said:
banner bomb
hombrew channel
Cios
cfg usb loader
also have you updated your modchip firmware? or tryed

No. Did you think or just copy/paste?

If it won't read -any- discs and nothing has been installed, this obviously won't fix it. This would only help if his Wii could read originals but not backups.

You need to check the chip to see if any connections have come loose, anything has popped, etc. Unfortunately, you may need to uninstall it and either softmod or install a new chip if the thing died on you.

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what I did notice is that the drive makes noises while trying to read the DVD, my Wii doesn't make those noises when loading the DVD, that particular chip is the easy just install type with no soldering required, so I can just uninstall and install it quickly, it's just the pain of opening up the Wii that is the trouble

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thesund0g said:
nitrostemp said:
banner bomb
hombrew channel
Cios
cfg usb loader
also have you updated your modchip firmware? or tryed

No. Did you think or just copy/paste?

If it won't read -any- discs and nothing has been installed, this obviously won't fix it. This would only help if his Wii could read originals but not backups.

You need to check the chip to see if any connections have come loose, anything has popped, etc. Unfortunately, you may need to uninstall it and either softmod or install a new chip if the thing died on you.

It would allow him to USB load...

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no it's been like 2 years I think, no problems till just yesterday, maybe it is a bad laser or DVD drive, hope it's easily repairable
the Wii is for his 2 kids so he's not interested in modding the Wii any further with Homebrew apps or USB Loader, he wants it as simple as possible for his 2 kids to just play the Wii

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bnm81002 said:
no it's been like 2 years I think, no problems till just yesterday, maybe it is a bad laser or DVD drive, hope it's easily repairable
the Wii is for his 2 kids so he's not interested in modding the Wii any further with Homebrew apps or USB Loader, he wants it as simple as possible for his 2 kids to just play the Wii

He has a bad dvd drive. Not much you can do apart from have someone repair it.

IMO he should go for USB loading. For less than the price of what it will cost to fix the DVD drive he can get an external hd. If he is worried about complexity, it's actually easier for kids with USB loading. No discs to lose, get scratched, or shoved into the Wii coated with peanut butter. USB Loader GX has parental controls where you can set it so they have no access to settings, and/or teen rated games. I have several friends with preteens, my nephew is 6, and they all use USB loaders and it works great.

Install USB Loader GX as a channel, use priiloader hacks to put it where the disc channel should be, and a blind monkey could figure out how to use it.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny