Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

  • Thread starter Thread starter djtaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 466,258
  • Replies Replies 1,841
No there are some other errors that just freeze the drive on a black screen - usually they are media related but it may also be a bad image.
Its going to be a tough one to figure as it could be anything but as long as other games work its not the wii
 
I want to ask you why I have to patch every game in order to play it with backup loader 0.3 gamma? Wii is pal and version 3.2E.
 
dkmaster said:
I want to ask you why I have to patch every game in order to play it with backup loader 0.3 gamma? Wii is pal and version 3.2E.

You dont need to patch any games to work with gamma unless they are one of the one that need the iso version changed
You need to patch them with version 0.1 beta , but not with gamma
 
djtaz said:
No there are some other errors that just freeze the drive on a black screen - usually they are media related but it may also be a bad image.
Its going to be a tough one to figure as it could be anything but as long as other games work its not the wii


If it matters I get a 409 error...Yesterday at night it booted so I thought problem solved but today in the morning same thing....and I was playng the game just fine too...


edit: Also I found a link that shows you how to unscramble .wii files

http://www.ingenieria-inversa.cl/?p=9
 
I just tried zelda without patching it and it didn't play so all games that i burn where patched first. Is there any change that with a newer version of backup loader patched games won't play?
 
dkmaster said:
I want to ask you why I have to patch every game in order to play it with backup loader 0.3 gamma? Wii is pal and version 3.2E.

Take a look at the list here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123...p;#entry1639626

These should be the games which need to be patched in order to run in Gamma or SoftChip. It's called IOS version patching. The other patching you needed for the leaked loader is called decryption and isn't needed anymore and not supported in SoftChip.
 
1 thing I have extracted a map with fire emblem Ive get an map thats name is iso then if I open it Ive get a winrarfile with the name fire emblem(compress) what now?
and if I open it ive got that it found none argive......
 
brawler said:
1 thing I have extracted a map with fire emblem Ive get an map thats name is iso then if I open it Ive get a winrarfile with the name fire emblem(compress) what now?
and if I open it ive got that it found none argive......

brawler
you need to use some of these : , . ; - etc... they'r really useful if you want ppl to understand you...
 
So has there been a resolution for error #384 (disc read error) yet? I've seen mention of cheap DVD-R's being used; bad installs of cIOS's, dust on the laster... etc etc.... anyone ever find out what the problem is, and how to fix it?
 
The problem is that the Wii cant read the info on the disc. Its a simple problem with many reasons for it happening - the most likely is cheap discs being the problem

get a decent DVD-R disc and use a different DVD burner and see if that resolves the problem
 
Hi to all, so I got today Rockband 2 and burned it, went to play it and it loaded fine with gamma, but the game doesnt want to recognize my guitar, only the wiimote. The guitar is the one that comes with the first rockband game bundle.

Now I read somewhere that there was a fix for the instruments problems, could someone tell me how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance!
 
sentinel5000 said:
Hi to all, so I got today Rockband 2 and burned it, went to play it and it loaded fine with gamma, but the game doesnt want to recognize my guitar, only the wiimote. The guitar is the one that comes with the first rockband game bundle.

Now I read somewhere that there was a fix for the instruments problems, could someone tell me how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Just search the "fix" for Rock Band.
 
WiiPower said:
sentinel5000 said:
Hi to all, so I got today Rockband 2 and burned it, went to play it and it loaded fine with gamma, but the game doesnt want to recognize my guitar, only the wiimote. The guitar is the one that comes with the first rockband game bundle.

Now I read somewhere that there was a fix for the instruments problems, could someone tell me how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Just search the "fix" for Rock Band.
Well, did the search, found the fix, installed the channel and it worked fine, thanks!

Another thing, can I go to the WIFI shop from Nintendo to get new songs with the backup and softchip??
 
You can - you may need to install the safe update which updates the shop channel but theres no problems using the shop channel once it opens for you.
 
Ok thanks, if its the safe update included on your zip for gamma then yes I did installed it.
smile.gif
 
***Warning*** I am a noob.


I have installed everything as per 'How To' Guide but I have a couple of noobish questions.

When I go to use Game Dumper I get an error. I am just trying to copy Wii Play as a test. Settings used are:
1. SD / USB
2. USB Mass Storage Device (I do not have Wifi)
3. Wii Single Layer
4. DVD Split = 512mb (I have tried this on different settings all the way through to 4700mb)

The error occurs when it goes to the next part where it tries to mount the device. Originally I was using a HDD formatted to FAT32 which I believe was causing the error to start with. I have since changed it with a HDD formatted to NTFS which looks like it goes one step further but it then gives me a list of exceptions and then does nothing.

Am I doing it right?

Also, I already have CloneDVD. Would it be as simple as putting the Wii disc in the computers DVD drive and doing a clone or should I use something like DVD Decrypter or IMGBurn (which I have also)?


***Edit*** My computer can't recognise a Wii disc so that rules out Clone DVD or DVD Decrypter for ripping it. Could this be a computer issue? If so, is there a way for me to fix it?
 

Site & Scene News