Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

paddypitbug

Trophies
XP
Country
I have just installed on my brand new wii the homebrew channel and the backup launcher and I saw on my friends wii console he has a keyboard and can surf the net he said he got it from the wiishop

And as my wii has never been on wii live as so to speak nor accepted any updates I would like to know how can we useing homebrew channel with the backup loader obtain the keyboard from wiishop as my console keeps stating (this is an update to the wii shop channel to receive this update go to wii's settings and select wii system update then go back to the wiishop channel)

But as we know accepting any update with block my homebrew and backup launcher - so what can I do ? will there in the not so distant future be the update to the wii homebrew channel with a keyboard so we can surf the net or is there something out there already we can install as a viable alternative

thank you for any help on this matter

joeschmoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: I followed the instructions in the 3.3U update fix and installed wiigator 1.3 When I try to load a few backups, I get loading... and then it has maybe 2 or 3 messages overlapping each other! I see DVD near the end, but its hard to make out what else it says. I also tried the force ntsc backup launcher but it gave the same results. I installed a bonk wad and that plays fine, and the channels show up when I load them with wad manager. I tried the any region changer to see about going down to 2.2 and I get Init SYSCONF...OK! Error getting settings! 1, 1, 1, 0, -24578

Looking at the anytitle deleter, I can see I have IOS 51, 249, and 16 installed.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
greenchili said:
I even tried starting from scratch. Used Any Title Deleter to remove the IOS's.
Installed IOS 247 from yer zip.
Installed DVDX pointing to 247.
Still get the same issue.

At this point I didn't go any furhter.
WiiPower posted an alternative way of doing this and seems to think it works better. The way i tried works for me ... theres also a problems section down the end of the how to that may work for you if you want to try it. CiosFix is available in the downloader v0.1 also in my sig

paddypitbug said:
But as we know accepting any update with block my homebrew and backup launcher - so what can I do ? will there in the not so distant future be the update to the wii homebrew channel with a keyboard so we can surf the net or is there something out there already we can install as a viable alternative
thank you for any help on this matter
Use the safe update 3.3 in the main zip in my signature to update - you need to be online to get the files and it may still ask you to update after , but the shop channel updates and works after you install that.

QUOTE(joeschmoe @ Nov 6 2008, 03:54 AM)
Question: I followed the instructions in the 3.3U update fix and installed wiigator 1.3 When I try to load a few backups, I get loading... and then it has maybe 2 or 3 messages overlapping each other! I see DVD near the end, but its hard to make out what else it says. I also tried the force ntsc backup launcher but it gave the same results. I installed a bonk wad and that plays fine, and the channels show up when I load them with wad manager. I tried the any region changer to see about going down to 2.2 and I get Init SYSCONF...OK! Error getting settings! 1, 1, 1, 0, -24578
Looking at the anytitle deleter, I can see I have IOS 51, 249, and 16 installed.
The errors you are getting come up for 2 reasons .
1. The disc burns or the discs themselves are bad - did you use DVD-R and are the ISO's defo working ?
2. The install of the cIOS or the loader had a problem when installing at some stage - try a re-install and read everything in case theres errors.

Kashika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since my other topic got lost and I didn't notice there was a general topic for issues with the backup loader, I'll repost my problem here.

After playing a game succesfully using the Backuploader 0.3, every loader stopped working.

I still get the blue GECKO screen, but no text indicating that I can boot up my game.
My other apps still work and everything does load up as well. But I don't get any text on the backuploader or Gecko screen, so I can't start any game or even return to the homebrew channel.
The home button doesn't work anymore when I've loaded up one of those applications and if I press reset, I get a new screen, which gives me a strange error. The same screen you get when installing something like IOS or even the homebrew channel.

Can anyone help me with this?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kashika said:
Since my other topic got lost and I didn't notice there was a general topic for issues with the backup loader, I'll repost my problem here.

After playing a game succesfully using the Backuploader 0.3, every loader stopped working.

I still get the blue GECKO screen, but no text indicating that I can boot up my game.
My other apps still work and everything does load up as well. But I don't get any text on the backuploader or Gecko screen, so I can't start any game or even return to the homebrew channel.
The home button doesn't work anymore when I've loaded up one of those applications and if I press reset, I get a new screen, which gives me a strange error. The same screen you get when installing something like IOS or even the homebrew channel.

Can anyone help me with this?
Your issue was lost because everyone ignored it. The reason for this is that you used your first post to ask for help and didnt research anything about anything on the site , so generally you get ignored. I saw the post and i ignored it as did others.

About your problem -
What fixes have you tried ?
What IOS is installed ?
Did you update your wii recently with official Nintendo updates?
Have you updated from a game ?
Have you tried re-downloading a zip file from someones signature and after backing up your SD card try their zip and HOWTO to see if that helped ?

Just remember when you post here people are here to help when you get stuck but not to do the work for you - if its already been asked and answered 40 times you will get abuse for asking again without searching the site.

Kashika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have searched for it and found nothing that relates to my problem.

I installed the IOS you need for the Backuploader 0.3
My installed Firmware is 3.2E
I did not upgrade from any game

I'll redownload all the nessecary files again and see if that works, but I doubt it'll change anything. Because everthing was running just fine before.

greenchili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
greenchili said:
I even tried starting from scratch. Used Any Title Deleter to remove the IOS's.
Installed IOS 247 from yer zip.
Installed DVDX pointing to 247.
Still get the same issue.

At this point I didn't go any furhter.
WiiPower posted an alternative way of doing this and seems to think it works better. The way i tried works for me ... theres also a problems section down the end of the how to that may work for you if you want to try it. CiosFix is available in the downloader v0.1 also in my sig

ok. Thank you. His way worked for some reason. So I'll just stick with it.
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brilliant - his way is really good in fairness and i should really use that in the guide since it seems to be a lot better - i just wrote what worked for me and im happy with that.
Dont forget to say a big thank you to WiiPower as he is the one that solved your issue for you
wink.gif

C

CasperH

Mayba question which is asked over 1000 times but is there a cIOS_fix wad which install as 247? Now the 0.3 cIOS install as 247 but that's giving a lot of problems with future updates I guess. Thanks
(Yes, did search)

AquaGod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted a topic about this but i'll try here also. when i go to the Backup Installler channel i click "start" and my wii restarts.. and clue to this?

I have no clue what the cios was.
My wii is 3.0U
Uhh I dont know what else to say.

Help needed
thx

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AquaGod said:
I posted a topic about this but i'll try here also. when i go to the Backup Installler channel i click "start" and my wii restarts.. and clue to this?

My wii is 3.0U

Help needed
thx

what steps did you follow to install it ?
what channel are you using ? (what does it say , look like ? )
Is your wii NTSC or Pal ?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kashika said:
I have searched for it and found nothing that relates to my problem.

I installed the IOS you need for the Backuploader 0.3
My installed Firmware is 3.2E
I did not upgrade from any game

I'll redownload all the nessecary files again and see if that works, but I doubt it'll change anything. Because everthing was running just fine before.

did the new files help ?
You dont need to install an IOS for backuploader - you need a cIOS

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kk i plan to install 0.3 version of the new launcher, is there any steps i should do unstalling anything from the previous installation of 0.1 launcher before installing 0.3?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Twoacross said:
kk i plan to install 0.3 version of the new launcher, is there any steps i should do unstalling anything from the previous installation of 0.1 launcher before installing 0.3?

Its all in the WiiHowTo.html

Updating from the old Installer

If you wish to update from the old installer all you need to do is :
1. Copy the 'apps/1. cIOS_Installer249' and '00000001' (to root) to their respective folders on your memory card
2. Copy the BackupLoaderChannel0.3.wad in the wads folder into the SD card WAD folder
3. Start Homebrew and go to the cIOS Installer and run it
4. Go to the WAD Manager and install the BackupLoaderChannel0.3.wad (BackupLoaderChannel0.2.wad may need to be uninstalled)
5. Run the game.
6. I would also recommend installing the safe update 3.3u and not to do any official nintendo updates as it may stop further installs and updates if you use the wireless. .

AquaGod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
AquaGod said:

My wii is 3.0U

Help needed
thx

what steps did you follow to install it ?
what channel are you using ? (what does it say , look like ? )
Is your wii NTSC or Pal ?

NTSC or Pal.. I have no clue how to find that. Is it possible for you to tell me. Well i didnt have any access to my SD card from my computer so i let my buddy do it who already had it.

Here are the steps:

Put SD card in.
Put Zelda twilight princess in.
Made a save went back to wii home.
Went to Wii in the left hand corner.
Deleted twilight save.
Copied twilight save from my SD card (the USA one because my wii is USA)
Then i loaded up twilight again.
Loaded hack save.
Walked backwards, and the screen turnd black and letters came arossed.
once it was done loading my wii restarted.
I saw i had the Homebrew channel.
I "started" that.
In the home brew channel was

cIOS Installer (picture of sonic with wii mote next to it)

/apps/DVDX/.dol

/apps/ wad-mannager_v 121

I went into DVDX and went to advance to set up IOS 249 but i didnt see it. The highest it went was 31.
So I went into cIOS install and Installed it.
After I went back into DVDx And i saw the IOS 249 so i installed it.
Then i went into wad manager and installed the Backup launcher 0.3
Now i put my burnt disc in and clicked on the Backup launcher channel.
Now when I click start in there it restarts my wii instead of going to the other screen that allows me to "launch game".

Any idea how to fix this?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
very strange - the steps sound correct to be honest - though if i were you i would get him to download my latest zip file and take a look at that instead - all the most up to date files are on that and you can test booting off the loader in homebrew before installing a channel.

When using a channel your depending on how it was injected so you cant really tell.
Download the zip i have in my sig and take a look at the files - the launcher from homebrew makes troubleshooting easier and it might be worth doing it from scratch by following my WiiHowTO file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD