Wii - disappointed

Commadore64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey - anyone - if you like what I say or dont...
Toss in a joke about video game systems here

Dont analyze... dont break it down.... just if you have a good joke or a funny way to look at a System or game... toss it here...

Maybe to make it more "welcoming" .... think of it as Super Smash Brothers Brawl with a twist of Seinfeld

There is no wrong there... only rule - its only fun
*grow a pair
rofl.gif

Commadore64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is something I am putting together ESRB ratings and game count - not sure if this shows anything

esrb.jpg

E (Everyone) Contains content that is considered unsuitable for children under 6 years of age. Titles in this category may contain minimal cartoon, fantasy or mild violence and/or infrequent use of mild language.

E10+ (Everyone ten and older) Contains content that is considered unsuitable for children under 10 years of age. Titles in this category may contain more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language, animated blood and/or minimal suggestive themes

T (Teen) Contains content that is considered unsuitable for children under 13 years of age. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of moderate to strong language

M (Mature) Contains content that is more suitable for people the age of 17 and above. Those below that age must be companied by adult in order to play the games. Titles in this category may contain intense violence (more so than in the Teen category), blood and gore, sexual themes/content, and frequent use of strong language

So what do we see here?
Well - it seems xbox 360, PS3 and PS2 are trying to hit all brackets evenly.
Lets clump E+10 into everyone as it isnt really TEEN

Like an attempt at 43% (average) for EVERYONE type games, 35% for TEENS, and 18% for Mature

Wii put 73% into EVERYONE, 19% into TEENS and 4% to Mature
*Mind you MATURE is 17+ not old fart

Lets look at the Neilsen ratings
nielsenvideogameconsoleusage.png

So PS2, 360, Wii and PS3 (my examples)...in that order. Whats in common?
The amount of games. The way I see it is that the more content you have, the more someone will find something they like to play.
Maybe I am not looking at it correctly
wacko.gif

Now that METACRITIC info from above...
Using games that rank 75 point or higher (100 is max)

Playstation 2 - 536 games (wow) out of 1594 ....or 33% of the games
Playstation 3 - 136 games out of 300 ... 45% of the games
Xbox 360 - 223 out of 582 games .... 38% of the games
Xbox 1 - 339 out of 856 games ... 39% of the games
Wii - 71 out of 374 games ... 18% of the games

Hmmm
Wii's content is 73% geared towards the 13 year old and under crowd...
18% of Wiis games are rated 75% or higher (favorable)

Most people will agree on either
Game quality is bad
---shitty, bad, rubbish, crap, lose interest
Games are not their worth in price
---too expensive, or cannot justify the cost for the content within

Yet...people will pirate or purchase games and the reasoning is
--I download Wii games for free because they are crap---
--I find that the quality of the games are not worth the purchase so I download more of them--

I am still over looking something

Commadore64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
back to Madworld...
They (NIN) should harp on dark adult themes....
It would have an avenue that would be really welcomed....
Now I am not saying "oh emulate Xbox" but they do put ratings on boxes and some titles are mature....
Madworld looks great (I have not played it), but if they played their cards right they still can keep the "13 and under {aka everyone not teen}" appeal and also have the exclusives...
Like Nick at Nite showing Ren & Stimpy...18 hours a day it's gear toward one one demograph...at night they give more of a leash.

here is a MadWorld video...at least from what I get out of it....would MadWorld2 be a blockbuster if it was something like this

Bonus KMFDM

Word to the wise: Nintendo quit rehashing the Mario/Zelda stuff.... these kids will eventually hit puberty and drop you like a bad habit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY