Hacking wii d2c board chip help

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
could someone please explain to me why this page has tutorials on how to chip the d2c if its not currently supported ?????

http://www.wiikeyguide.com/wiikey-install-guide.html why have i already seen two guides on how to install on a d2c board and yet people are saying its not supported ,,,,someone help
so what they are saying is that the new model number is in referance to the cut on the wires and not an actual chip change?
unsure.gif

that's odd.
so you've already opened your wii up then yeh?

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
The guide is incorrectly named and that site must think the cut pins = D2C which in fact the cut pins are just D2B with cut pins so its not easily possible to modify it.

D2C is a whole new chip and nothing supports it yet.

The site claiming the WiiKey supports it is probably confused too, since just below that, the Wiinja chip still says D2B.

There has not been a report yet as to whether any chip supports D2C but its 99% unlikely, since the whole idea of the D2C is to stop piracy.

For now!

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
The guide is incorrectly named and that site must think the cut pins = D2C which in fact the cut pins are just D2B with cut pins so its not easily possible to modify it.

D2C is a whole new chip and nothing supports it yet.

The site claiming the WiiKey supports it is probably confused too, since just below that, the Wiinja chip still says D2B.

There has not been a report yet as to whether any chip supports D2C but its 99% unlikely, since the whole idea of the D2C is to stop piracy.

For now!
my thoughts exactly that's why i said in an earlier post that the cut legs and the d2c were 2 different things entirely.
on their site they say they only support up to d2b too.
rolleyes.gif

niklasnyfiken

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
How could a D2B with three cut pins become an entirely new chip called D2C? It can't! A D2B with 3 cut pins is still a D2B chip, not a D2C chip.

You claim to have a D2C with 3 cut pins. Show us a picture of it or no-one will believe you.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
How could a D2B with three cut pins become an entirely new chip called D2C? It can't! A D2B with 3 cut pins is still a D2B chip, not a D2C chip.

You claim to have a D2C with 3 cut pins. Show us a picture of it or no-one will believe you.
that's a pretty extreme and childish attitude isn't it? the guy said it has cut legs so therefore it must have. why would anyone go to the expense of buying a dremel if they didn't already open the wii up to see what they were dealing with? at least i hope he has.
we have already said about it not being a d2c as well.
rolleyes.gif

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well maybe you got really unlucky and got a D2C chip with cut legs?

You're positive you have a D2C chip? Can you take a picture to confirm or deny what chip you really have?

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok.

Im no pro but heres my take on this madness or at least what I would assume if I was modding a new wii.... just to play it safe...

D2B - This chip IS compatible with the Wiikey however you may find it has the three pins cut.

D2C - This chip IS NOT compatible with the Wiikeys current Firmware. It also may or may not have cut legs.

So......

D2B = Fine as long as you're prepared for cut legs.
D2C = Not fine, even if you are prepared for cut legs.

By "you are prepared for cut legs" I mean you have a dremel or similar and you are coinfident enough & know how to grind & expose the missing pins in order to solder wire to them.

As far as the OP's question goes, I have no idea if you can use something other than a grinder to chip(shit pun, sorry
laugh.gif
) away at the chip but seeing as you stated that you ordered a Dremel it is now irrelevant.
ph34r.gif

On another note, cheeky-monkeys guides are awesome so I think he deserves massive props for his ongoing contributions to the wii-modding scene. Thanks mate
grog.gif

niklasnyfiken

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
that's a pretty extreme and childish attitude isn't it? the guy said it has cut legs so therefore it must have. why would anyone go to the expense of buying a dremel if they didn't already open the wii up to see what they were dealing with? at least i hope he has.

He says it's a D2C chip just because some random website says D2B chips with 3 cut pins are D2C chips. I then wrote that I wanted proof of that because it appears he's only checked the three cut pins and not what's written on the chip.

QUOTEwe have already said about it not being a d2c as well.
rolleyes.gif

Good for you! Now collect your reward!

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
could someone please explain to me why this page has tutorials on how to chip the d2c if its not currently supported ?????

http://www.wiikeyguide.com/wiikey-install-guide.html why have i already seen two guides on how to install on a d2c board and yet people are saying its not supported ,,,,someone help

That guide is simply wrong. The chip they are calling D2C is actually just a D2B that's harder to connect wires to. It has nothing to do with if the modchip supports that chip or not if the wires are cut.

Your chip will be labeled GC2-D2C.

Please get a camera and take a picture of the inside of your Wii for us to help you more.

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forget that you have cut pins at the moment. Tell us exactly what is stamped on the top of the chip (The letters/numbers)

If you don't know what you're doing, don't even attempt to mod your wii.

GC2 D2C
712P 3004

IF u read to my first initial post . all i wanted to know was if i could use a craft knife to scrape the compound or not .??? its not a question of know ing what im doing . i have modded a d2b set before ,

are you really telling the truth here, show us photos

niklasnyfiken

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yeah I want photos too. No photoshops please.

He claims to have a GC2-D2C 712P3004. Here's a picture of one, except that it's a D2B:

Until he's proved it I don't believe this guy.

LWXMB19

Trophies
XP
Country
I have recently bought my WII, and have opned it, it has a D2C board, and the wiikey does not entirely fit, the number 3 leg is missing but according to another site you can wire the 3 leg from the wiikey to the no 5 leg on the d2c chip.

can some one please confirm that this can be done, i have the v3 wiikey.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning