Hacking wii d2c board chip help

rigz2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone,
I’m kind of new to this so ill start with what I know , I want to mod my wii (the new d2c type) board with a genuine wiikey I have already got a guide on how to install the chip to the drive, the guide advises me to use a dremel type drill to grind away at the drive chip to expose 3 points that I can solder to .

My question is instead of using a dremel to grind away at the chip would I be able to optionally use a craft knife to scrape away at it until I expose the three pins I need ???:| I don’t really want to be buying a dremel just for my modd.

Also I asked a local games workshop if they could fit my wiikey but they charge £80 , I can buy the tools to do it my self for less so im really set on doing it on my own ,please help .Tom

the guide i am using is here (http://www.modchipfitters.com/Uncovering_Cut_IC_Legs.htm)

thanks peeps

rigz2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bloodgod,

by the looks of the tutorial i have added it looks to me like theyve found away round it allready ,

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what I remember those cut off legs still had D2B chips. So it was still able to use the current chips out. Also that page doesn't mention anything about D2C chip

Again I could be wrong cause I stopped caring after my chip was installed.

rigz2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ohh shit thanks dude i just realised that ..ohhhh.................... danm should i go ahead anyway and try cos the shop i called said the wiikey does work with d2c should i take their word for it ..

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
all up to you. It is your Wii after all. But I would wait for someone else to post to verify/disprove what I posted. Don't want you getting a chip that doesn't work for you.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone,
            I’m kind of new to this so ill start with what I know , I want to mod my wii (the new d2c type) board with a genuine wiikey I have already got a guide on how to install the chip to the drive, the guide advises me to use a dremel type drill to grind away at the drive chip to expose 3 points that I can solder to .

My question is instead of using a dremel to grind away at the chip would I be able to optionally use a craft knife to scrape away at it until I expose the three pins I need ???:| I don’t really want to be buying a dremel just for my modd.

Also I asked a local games workshop if they could fit my wiikey but they charge £80 , I can buy the tools to do it my self for less so im really set on doing it on my own ,please help .Tom

the guide i am using is here (http://www.modchipfitters.com/Uncovering_Cut_IC_Legs.htm)

thanks peeps
how do you know it's a d2c chip?
if it is why do you need to grind the chip away as well? that's only for the cut legs which i haven't heard of (others may have ) on uk wii's.
have you opened up the wii first to find out which chip it is?
what are the first 4 numbers after the "leh"so that someone could give you an idea of what you are dealing with incase you do actually have a d2b?
sorry to be so nosey but i'm asking so as people can have a better idea what they are dealing with when they are trying to answer your question.
smile.gif

rigz2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how do you know it's a d2c chip?
if it is why do you need to grind the chip away as well? that's only for the cut legs which i haven't heard of (others may have ) on uk wii's.
have you opened up the wii first to find out which chip it is?
what are the first 4 numbers after the "leh"so that someone could give you an idea of what you are dealing with incase you do actually have a d2b?
sorry to be so nosey but i'm asking so as people can have a better idea what they are dealing with when they are trying to answer your question.

i have opened it up and it is the new d2c . i need to grind away at the chip to reveal 3 pins which i need to solder to because the pins which the wiikey peviously installed to are no longer there and a trace to those hidden pins is under the chip whic is why i have to grind untill i expose those pins... my serial is leh1244 pal (e)

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Forget that you have cut pins at the moment. Tell us exactly what is stamped on the top of the chip (The letters/numbers)

If you don't know what you're doing, don't even attempt to mod your wii.

rigz2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Forget that you have cut pins at the moment. Tell us exactly what is stamped on the top of the chip (The letters/numbers)

If you don't know what you're doing, don't even attempt to mod your wii.

GC2 D2C
712P 3004

IF u read to my first initial post . all i wanted to know was if i could use a craft knife to scrape the compound or not .??? its not a question of know ing what im doing . i have modded a d2b set before ,

rigz2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
forget it any way, i have ordered a dremel drill with a grinder ill just modd my wii the way the guide says , everything should go well

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
GC2 D2C

These chips do not have legs cut! The legs are intact because they are coded differently which renders curent modchips and firmwares useless. You only need to wait for a confirmed updated wiikey firmware which supports the D2C chips, which do exist.

If you install it, the wii will work as normal, but the modchip will be ignored and wont be able to play DVD+R.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: until they add pokemon mainline games