wii d2c board chip help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rigz2007, Jul 9, 2007.

Jul 9, 2007

wii d2c board chip help by rigz2007 at 11:51 PM (7,979 Views / 0 Likes) 34 replies

1. rigz2007
    OP

Newcomer rigz2007 Member

United Kingdom
    Hey everyone,
    I’m kind of new to this so ill start with what I know , I want to mod my wii (the new d2c type) board with a genuine wiikey I have already got a guide on how to install the chip to the drive, the guide advises me to use a dremel type drill to grind away at the drive chip to expose 3 points that I can solder to .

My question is instead of using a dremel to grind away at the chip would I be able to optionally use a craft knife to scrape away at it until I expose the three pins I need ???:| I don’t really want to be buying a dremel just for my modd.

Also I asked a local games workshop if they could fit my wiikey but they charge £80 , I can buy the tools to do it my self for less so im really set on doing it on my own ,please help .Tom

the guide i am using is here (http://www.modchipfitters.com/Uncovering_Cut_IC_Legs.htm)

thanks peeps

2. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    Could be wrong but arn't the D2C chips un-moddable at the moment?

3. rigz2007
    OP

Newcomer rigz2007 Member

United Kingdom
    bloodgod,

by the looks of the tutorial i have added it looks to me like theyve found away round it allready ,

4. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    From what I remember those cut off legs still had D2B chips. So it was still able to use the current chips out. Also that page doesn't mention anything about D2C chip

Again I could be wrong cause I stopped caring after my chip was installed.

5. rigz2007
    OP

Newcomer rigz2007 Member

United Kingdom
  6. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    if you read the description is only states "D2A/D2B" support"

7. rigz2007
    OP

Newcomer rigz2007 Member

United Kingdom
    ohh shit thanks dude i just realised that ..ohhhh.................... danm should i go ahead anyway and try cos the shop i called said the wiikey does work with d2c should i take their word for it ..

8. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    all up to you. It is your Wii after all. But I would wait for someone else to post to verify/disprove what I posted. Don't want you getting a chip that doesn't work for you.

9. rigz2007
    OP

Newcomer rigz2007 Member

United Kingdom
    ok thanx anyway .

T

10. niklasnyfiken

Member niklasnyfiken GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    Wiikey and any other mod chip does not work with D2C chips. This is assuming D2C chips actually exist.

11. rigz2007
    OP

Newcomer rigz2007 Member

United Kingdom
  12. niklasnyfiken

Member niklasnyfiken GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
  13. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    how do you know it's a d2c chip?
    if it is why do you need to grind the chip away as well? that's only for the cut legs which i haven't heard of (others may have ) on uk wii's.
    have you opened up the wii first to find out which chip it is?
    what are the first 4 numbers after the "leh"so that someone could give you an idea of what you are dealing with incase you do actually have a d2b?
    sorry to be so nosey but i'm asking so as people can have a better idea what they are dealing with when they are trying to answer your question. [​IMG]

14. rigz2007
    OP

Newcomer rigz2007 Member

United Kingdom
    how do you know it's a d2c chip?
    if it is why do you need to grind the chip away as well? that's only for the cut legs which i haven't heard of (others may have ) on uk wii's.
    have you opened up the wii first to find out which chip it is?
    what are the first 4 numbers after the "leh"so that someone could give you an idea of what you are dealing with incase you do actually have a d2b?
    sorry to be so nosey but i'm asking so as people can have a better idea what they are dealing with when they are trying to answer your question.

i have opened it up and it is the new d2c . i need to grind away at the chip to reveal 3 pins which i need to solder to because the pins which the wiikey peviously installed to are no longer there and a trace to those hidden pins is under the chip whic is why i have to grind untill i expose those pins... my serial is leh1244 pal (e)

15. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    Forget that you have cut pins at the moment. Tell us exactly what is stamped on the top of the chip (The letters/numbers)

If you don't know what you're doing, don't even attempt to mod your wii.

16. rigz2007
    OP

Newcomer rigz2007 Member

United Kingdom

GC2 D2C
    712P 3004

IF u read to my first initial post . all i wanted to know was if i could use a craft knife to scrape the compound or not .??? its not a question of know ing what im doing . i have modded a d2b set before ,

17. rigz2007
    OP

Newcomer rigz2007 Member

United Kingdom
    forget it any way, i have ordered a dremel drill with a grinder ill just modd my wii the way the guide says , everything should go well

18. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    a dremel is a good piece of kit to have anyway. i've had one for a few years now (although i wished i'd got the cordless one). [​IMG]

19. aligborat69

Member aligborat69 GBAtemp Fan

GC2 D2C

These chips do not have legs cut! The legs are intact because they are coded differently which renders curent modchips and firmwares useless. You only need to wait for a confirmed updated wiikey firmware which supports the D2C chips, which do exist.

If you install it, the wii will work as normal, but the modchip will be ignored and wont be able to play DVD+R.

20. rigz2007
    OP

Newcomer rigz2007 Member

United Kingdom
    could someone please explain to me why this page has tutorials on how to chip the d2c if its not currently supported ?????

http://www.wiikeyguide.com/wiikey-install-guide.html why have i already seen two guides on how to install on a d2c board and yet people are saying its not supported ,,,,someone help