Hacking Wii Clip

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
well there is, but model b (for cut legs) doesn't seem to work and the update feature on the wiikey is reported to not work with it. it's called Wlip LINK

i suggest you just wait for the Wii-Clip brand one to come out

Also Wlip is a bit pricey compared to Wii-Clip

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Chiip / OpenWii / WiiSKAS / Wiikey doesnt work on D2C chipsets

EDIT: also if you compare the bottom of the wii-clip V1 and the key-clip they have different contacts since the D2C requires more soldered points than the D2A/D2B

RiotShooter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its similar to the yaosm and openwii but it actually has the "modchip" built inside of the "clip" that attaches to the chip. you use the programmer to flash the "modchip" for w/e software ie wiikey's. look at http://www.wii-clip.com/ and you should be able to understand what it is

drock360

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking at the key-clip on the wii-clip website and I don't see where the contact points contact the board. It looks as if the chip is just sitting over the top of the board...

RiotShooter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drock360 said:
I'm looking at the key-clip on the wii-clip website and I don't see where the contact points contact the board. It looks as if the chip is just sitting over the top of the board...

i dont follow? the modchip is built inside the clip that is then pushed onto the board

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
drock360 said:

there's always someone...
rolleyes.gif

see the little silver contact spots on the bottom of the clip?

KEY-CLIP_02.jpg

DSC04038.jpg

drock360

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok thanks guys! This key clip looks like the best solution! But what about that 25 pin printing port? I don't have one of those on my computer... Do they have a printing port to usb cable or anything like that?

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know whether it is upgradeable by DVD (I'd like to know that) but I don't see why not?
Also, you'd need a parallel adapter. There are USB to parallel adapters. Around $10US on ebay I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: