stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jjoker said:
ozmod still watching this thread?

if he is, i have ordered d2pro with v4 wii clip, and i got d2cpro with v1 wii clip...

i sent emails regarding this problem, but i got no replies yet,

i was really frustrated and angered that i got wrong item..

i wanna know if i can get my money back since i don't want you to resend it to me. (will take too much time..)

that bites, but mistakes happen..hopefully you didn't send oz a nasty email i hope? easier to catch a bear with honey than vinegar, if you catch my drift?

i wouldn't worry, ozmodchips has great customer service, i'd vouch for them anytime. they will make it right

muhsheesuh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nvm lol, I got it to fit. Although I'm still afraid of the chip becoming loose I may just solder it on later. Anyone know if its safe to desolder the chip off the clip wihtout damage to the chip and resolder it using wires onto the board?

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
muhsheesuh said:
I sent e-mails and no reply either. I'm going to have to ask for a refund also because my chip seems to be either very loose on the wii-clip regarding the pins or have a bad solder job from chip to clip. The clip+chip seems to work very on and off and I have to readjust it every single time for it to properly work.

Shipping time wasn't that great either although I guess it wasn't his fault.

Ozmodchips

Obviously he's ignoring me. Gonna be the first and last time I order from these guys.

keep in mind it is the weekend and people do go places..afaik it's just him handling emails. also, Oz is 12 hours ahead of EST, so it's 6am Monday morning there right now.

anyways i think you're being pretty harsh. one more thing, the wii-clip is made to be convenient, but there's still an install method that needs to be followed closely to install one properly. pushing and pulling it on and off too many times isn't the greatest idea either. I'm starting to think some people either a) aren't lining up the pins properly before pushing it down or b) aren't pushing hard enough because they're afraid of breaking their wii.

Laldie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I ordered mine last Friday morning, Wii-Clip v4 & D2pro arrived here this Friday morning.

would have dropped a post earlier but i've been too busy playing RE4 & MarioKart. Nice peachie fitting and the wiki guide makes it simple.

Gotta be a winner, the guys give out a discount and provide the goods.

OzModChips A++

farntheplaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ordered mine on Wednesday 16 April, 2008 shipped the same day got my tracking number but it still has not shown up on the canada post website meaning that it hasnt even entered canada yet!

OZmodchips whats taking so long?
PM me please

NoAlias

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
farntheplaya said:
ordered mine on Wednesday 16 April, 2008 shipped the same day got my tracking number but it still has not shown up on the canada post website meaning that it hasnt even entered canada yet!

OZmodchips whats taking so long?
PM me please
I had the same experience with the Dutch TNT mail service. It did not show up on their tracking. I even called several times and each time they told me it had not entered Dutch customs yet.
Then, after 3 weeks, OzMod requested Australia Post to investigate the whereabouts of the package. The very next day it was delivered to my address.
Impossible, because it had not entered Dutch customs the day before, but true.

OzMod was very helpful to me. I'm sure your issue will be resolved too.

Cheers,

badmagick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fflakes said:
I got a new Wii so I'm fairly certain it's D2C. The serial number at that website said 50%/50%. What I'm unfamiliar with is if the pins are not cut, will I still be able to use the Wii-Clip? Should I opened it up first to make sure. Thanks!

im in the same boat, i read through the remaining pages and im fairly certain this question has not been answered. if the pins are cut are we still able to use the wii-clip? if this was answered, then my apologies. ive modded a couple wiis with wiikeys, but using wiiclips sounds like the easiest way with these newer chips. Thanks a lot!

badmagick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i opened mine up and i unfortunately have the newest dvd drive GC2-D2C w/ no codes on the chip. i was reading that i need a 9 wire chip in order to mod it. are these available now with or without the wiiclip?

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
badmagick said:
well i opened mine up and i unfortunately have the newest dvd drive GC2-D2C w/ no codes on the chip. i was reading that i need a 9 wire chip in order to mod it. are these available now with or without the wiiclip?

Hi
No, some are moddable, some aren't

Nothing to do with the modchips. Either all work, or all don't

vinc3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got my D2Pro yesterday! Working great!

The installation was super easy! Opening up the console as well... Plugged in the chip and it works like a charm!
smile.gif

Thanks OzModChips!
smile.gif

Edit: Removed improper discussion.

Have noticed that one game didn't work on the Philips DVD-R I used, so I took a Sony DVD+R and the backup worked! Cool stuff!

Have ordered spindle of Verbatim DVD-R's, those are supposed to be the good ones. Had them before for other purposes, will see what they do with backups.

phistyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vinc3 said:
I got my D2Pro yesterday! Working great!

The installation was super easy! Opening up the console as well... Plugged in the chip and it works like a charm!
smile.gif

I can play all backups I downloaded except Mario Kart!
frown.gif

If I put in the game it sees the game, when I start it, it loads and after a few seconds the disc spins down and I get a black screen with "An error has occured..." (Then it wants me to press eject and power down the console)

What do I do?

Thanks OzModChips!
smile.gif

eh dont talk about piracy in here...

badmagick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OzModChips said:
badmagick said:

Hi
No, some are moddable, some aren't

Nothing to do with the modchips. Either all work, or all don't

Thanks for the answer! spending $90 on a modchip that MIGHT work is hard to swallow. i think ill wait a little longer and hopefully somebody will figure out a way to determine if its moddable or not without just trying a modchip in it.

phoresis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a new Wii and the serial tracker is telling me I have a 50% chance of a GC2-D2C revision. But, I don't have to tools to open it to see what the chip says.

There's a chance that a Wiiclip + D2Pro (or any modchip) won't work on mine?

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
just bought one right now?
Yeah it woudl be a D2C. but please please please dont buy the product yet
there is a new type of D2c in america and canada, that doesnt work with anything
d2pro will be the first to fix it with there 9 wire modchip....so just hang tight

phoresis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, bought it last week. Damn, didn't think it would be this difficult.

Any idea when the new D2Pro will be out? And, I assume there will have to be a new Wiiclip too?

Also, will it affect anything if I start using the Wii non-modded, then later mod it when the D2Pro comes out?

badmagick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
phoresis said:
Yeah, bought it last week. Damn, didn't think it would be this difficult.

Any idea when the new D2Pro will be out? And, I assume there will have to be a new Wiiclip too?

Also, will it affect anything if I start using the Wii non-modded, then later mod it when the D2Pro comes out?

i think wii-newz said that they have figured out the 9wire chip and that stores should have it relatively soon. im in the same boat as you bud. but yea, im assuming a new wiiclip would have to be made, but im no expert so i may not be correct.

and you can go ahead and use the wii non-modded, dont worry about anything.

jman23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Anyone with any up to date info that the D2Pro team have actually got a work around with their chip for these new "unmoddable" D2C chips?

How would you know you are buying a chip that is suitable for this workaround or an old D2Pro chip? Is it simply a "firmware" upgrade for the chip, or a new chip?

Hoping someone can help.

Cheers,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1