Hacking Wii cios_fix.wad error ret -1035

stringsoftears

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jytach said:
Install a backup launcher channel using wad manager on TH for 3.4?
Anyway, I wouldn't have a modded wii connected to the internet on 3.4

In order to run wad's on 3.3(october) or 3.4 is to have the IOS16 installed with the Wad Manager and then run a CIOS_FIX.wad with Custom WM. This is supposed to allow wad's to be run but when I try to run the cIOS Installer for BackupLoader v0.3gamma it WILL NOT download the cIOS's; it just skips from "Press A to accept..." to "Press any button to restart the Wii". This may be a personal problem but I find it misleading when I am told by both the BackupLoader and the majority of the community to downgrade to 3.2U before being able to run BackupLoader Gamma.

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i got this error too. Im in 3.3U and have installed gamma and some wads but when i try to downgrade installing cios_fix.wad it shows error ret -1035. I heard you have to uninstall cios rev7 before downgrade is that true?

stringsoftears

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bin01 said:
Hi, i got this error too. Im in 3.3U and have installed gamma and some wads but when i try to downgrade installing cios_fix.wad it shows error ret -1035. I heard you have to uninstall cios rev7 before downgrade is that true?

What is have done is download Custome IOS Uninstaller both 1.0 and 1.1 and run them in the homebrew channel. This removes all custom IOS's installed on your system. After that you shouldn't get those 1035 errors when running the CIOS_FIX.wad BUT I am not sure how to completely downgrade as I am limited to my understanding of downgrading the Wii's firmware. I know that downgrading and "fixing" the firmware are two different things as "fixing" you will still be in 3.3 or 3.4 but you will have the capabilities of 3.2; whether or not you can run programs just like you were in 3.2 I do not know.

tronic307

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 3.4 just for a challenge and I almost freaked when I got that 1035 error. Once I installed ios16 I was able to install the wad manager 1.3 channel and then cios_fix.wad through the wad manager 1.3 channel. I didn't have to install ios51 before I downgraded with the 1.0 downgrader. After I did the downgrade It still said 3.4, so I downgraded with the custom downgrader and I was at 3.2 ios51 and cios7 installed. A few days later I wanted to be able to repeat the process so I updated again, but now everything works so I'm afraid to downgrade again. Backups and wads work but I'm also getting fast drive access and SD card transfer speeds like regular 3.4. Has anyone else done this?

DR0KZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had the same error, tried it with the plain Wad Installer and it worked
smile.gif

kbzon312

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
pika9323 said:
Thanks for your help guys we fixed it!!

Yes i am so happy =)
Hey, how did you fixed it?
I´ve tried everything and I still get error=1035 while installing Internet channel NTSC-U (version 1)
Please answer me! please, please, please...

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kbzon312 said:
pika9323 said:

Yes i am so happy =)
I´ve tried everything and I still get error=1035 while installing Internet channel NTSC-U (version 1)
why bring up an old thread??
that error means the IOS cant be downgraded.

fault

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kbzon312 said:
pika9323 said:

Yes i am so happy =)

hi, i got the same error too, what can i do? (when i try to install the internet channel i got this error)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-