EmeraldEx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I'm well aware that this has been covered a lot, and yes I've read the pins..
But I just want a final, definite answer from someone who knows what they're talking about.

If this topic isn't good or w/e lock it.

I'm an Australian, I have an Australian PAL Wii. I want to get my Wii chipped, and play Brawl as soon as I can get my hands on a backup from Japan.

What is the best/easiest way to do this. Money is not a factor.

Thanks

Howler Monkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I think the easiest method would be to pay Ozmodchips to install a Wiikey for you. They're based in Melbourne, but they have an installer in every state. That's how I'm likely going to have my Wii chipped. I have no experience with soldering, so I'd rather just send my Wii to their Melbourne installer and have them do it. You could consider doing that too.

That said, the only mod chip that they install is the Wiikey. The Wiikey website has been down for quite a while, and for all anyone knows, the Wiikey could soon lose all of it's support. So you may want to go with something less straightforward, but also less risky.

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Agreed, that ozmodchips.com is the best place to get it modded, if you are in Australia. I intend to go through that channel in the next week.

The problem I see though, is there may be a possibility that there is a problem with region compatibility of brawl. To ensure that it would work, you would require a Japan console.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd not get a wiikey, unless you want to remove it in the future when nintendo comes with a new patch
As they won't update anyway
You'd rather pick Cyclowiz because they have a forum and good update support there are at 3.5Beta now if i'm correct

EmeraldEx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
This brings up problems, because I was pretty much planning on getting a Wii Key, and didn't know about their possible lack of further support.

Damn. Thanks for the help, so far, guys.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
go for the wiikey, every game works fine, and even gc imports boot without having to use gcos to change videomode. no other chip does that
biggrin.gif

Howler Monkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd not get a wiikey, unless you want to remove it in the future when nintendo comes with a new patch
As they won't update anyway
You'd rather pick Cyclowiz because they have a forum and good update support there are at 3.5Beta now if i'm correct

Well it's not that easy in Australia. It seems the only mod chip that's easily found in Australia is the Wiikey. And it certainly seems to be the only mod chip that professionals will install. Some people, such as myself, are not confident enough to pull apart their Wii to mod it themselves. A Wiikey from Ozmodchips really seems like the only option under those circumstances. And anyway, no one knows what's happening with the Wiikey guys, for all we know, they could be back up tomorrow. There's no guarantee that they're gone.

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
the only reason why there is a new update for the cyclowics every week because there are so many problems with them my wiikey has played every single game i have thrown at it no problem and i only updated once so i could play galaxy ...wiikey for the mother fuckin win...

EmeraldEx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Bump, so I can ask.

Assuming I get my Wiikey soon enough.. (dealers aren't replying)

Will an update from the company allow JapBrawl to be playable on a PAL Wii?

Or does it have to be NTSC regardless of whether it's chipped or not..?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yet again ppl saying the wiikey won't be updated?
IT WILL BE UPDATED >< they just responded to the SSBB problems and are working on.. here it comes.. AN UPDATE.
So just get a wiikey and get it over with
wink.gif

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the only reason why there is a new update for the cyclowics every week because there are so many problems with them my wiikey has played every single game i have thrown at it no problem and i only updated once so i could play galaxy ...wiikey for the mother fuckin win...
Rofl an update for CycloWiz every week. Nice Wiikey fanboyism right thur.

CycloWiz has only released about 3 updates in the whole time it's been running. The latest update happened to fix SMG. Thus giving all the other teams an easy start on a fix for there chips.

And it has been the most reliable chip out of all the other chips up until the D2CKey.

Get your facts straight
lecture.gif

sheikah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

CycloWiz has only released about 3 updates in the whole time it's been running. The latest update happened to fix SMG. Thus giving all the other teams an easy start on a fix for there chips.

And it has been the most reliable chip out of all the other chips up until the D2CKey.

Get your facts straight
lecture.gif

What he said. Absolute tool, CycloWiz is one of the most reliable on the market. It's probably best to avoid the Wiikey as it currently does not allow SSBB (even the real disc) to be played, while other chips with the same functions can. Better to go for something that's working better.

rodberg

Trophies
XP
Country
when you agreed to "Get your facts straight", how can you say that the wiikey dosent work with ssbb ? its not really confirmed yet. "CycloWiz is one of the most reliable on the market", what makes wiikey so unreliable ? we had to wait 2 days for them to make an update for SMG(which is pretty fast considering that we live in different timezones and it was one person doing all the work), other than that i havent had any problems (so far it plays all the same games as the other chips afaik).

I still have high hopes for the wiikey, but I can surely see the benefit of cyclowiz having a forum etc. makes its much easier to communicate to your customers about updates, and what youre doing about the problem.

/rodberg

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country

Get your facts straight
lecture.gif

What he said. Absolute tool, CycloWiz is one of the most reliable on the market. It's probably best to avoid the Wiikey as it currently does not allow SSBB (even the real disc) to be played, while other chips with the same functions can. Better to go for something that's working better.
Allow?
Its simpli that it doesn't turn itself off when a orginal DVD9 game comes in. Nothing ekstreme.

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
get yourself either a cyclowiz, OR if money truly doesnt matter, get a japanese wii, and the japanese import.

the wiikey has been confirmed multiple times to NOT WORK with the legit copy of brawl on both NTSC-U, AND NTSC-JPN. the cyclowiz has been confirmed working on NTSC-U, and i assume NTSC-JPN.

the wiikey will probably get its update to work, but who knows how long it will take, and why would u go with the wiikey on faith? the cyclowiz will already work and has better support already. also has the on/off switch feature and is able to disable the modchip temporarily.

sheikah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when you agreed to "Get your facts straight", how can you say that the wiikey dosent work with ssbb ?

Because Japanese Wii's with Wiikeys cannot run the real game. The backup disc is also not even recognised, unlike the cyclo. It's pretty much guaranteed that at this stage the Wiikey will not work with SSBB. Some of these topics are rather annoying, as people with Wiikeys refuse to accept anything negative/bash the competition to make themselves feel better.

QUOTE said:
"CycloWiz is one of the most reliable on the market", what makes wiikey so unreliable ? we had to wait 2 days for them to make an update for SMG(which is pretty fast considering that we live in different timezones and it was one person doing all the work), other than that i havent had any problems (so far it plays all the same games as the other chips afaik).

Wiikey doesn't have a main site anymore and hasn't for a while. Their e-mail is hard to come by, so I heard. Compared to the cyclo their customer support leaves much to be desired, which in turn makes the chip less reliable (since you would think a chip is only as good as the support for it).

QUOTEI still have high hopes for the wiikey, but I can surely see the benefit of cyclowiz having a forum etc. makes its much easier to communicate to your customers about updates, and what youre doing about the problem.

/rodberg

That's one of the reasons I went to quite some lengths to order a CyloWiz in the first place. That, and I had a CycloDS already which rocks.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
when you agreed to "Get your facts straight", how can you say that the wiikey dosent work with ssbb ?

Because Japanese Wii's with Wiikeys cannot run the real game. The backup disc is also not even recognised, unlike the cyclo. It's pretty much guaranteed that at this stage the Wiikey will not work with SSBB. Some of these topics are rather annoying, as people with Wiikeys refuse to accept anything negative/bash the competition to make themselves feel better.

QUOTE said:
"CycloWiz is one of the most reliable on the market", what makes wiikey so unreliable ? we had to wait 2 days for them to make an update for SMG(which is pretty fast considering that we live in different timezones and it was one person doing all the work), other than that i havent had any problems (so far it plays all the same games as the other chips afaik).

Wiikey doesn't have a main site anymore and hasn't for a while. Their e-mail is hard to come by, so I heard. Compared to the cyclo their customer support leaves much to be desired, which in turn makes the chip less reliable (since you would think a chip is only as good as the support for it).

QUOTE said:
I still have high hopes for the wiikey, but I can surely see the benefit of cyclowiz having a forum etc. makes its much easier to communicate to your customers about updates, and what youre doing about the problem.

/rodberg

That's one of the reasons I went to quite some lengths to order a CyloWiz in the first place. That, and I had a CycloDS already which rocks.

http://wiinewz.com

sheikah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

For a start, words are great and all but the lack of a forum to communicate this to them quicker is frankly ridiculous. Secondly, they have had ages to put in a feature such as DR support, which the CycloWiz has had for yonks. Of course, this leads back to the forum...if people were able to request this, they could have included it sooner.

It's certainly a ray of hope for Wiikey users but there's no doubt in my mind that their support is not on a level with Team Cyclops.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
itt: spoiled brats upset about not being able to play a game that doesn't come out for 2 months anyway.

ITT: Trolls.

For a start, words are great and all but the lack of a forum to communicate this to them quicker is frankly ridiculous. Secondly, they have had ages to put in a feature such as DR support, which the CycloWiz has had for yonks. Of course, this leads back to the forum...if people were able to request this, they could have included it sooner.

It's certainly a ray of hope for Wiikey users but there's no doubt in my mind that their support is not on a level with Team Cyclops.

Why would they want a forum? It'd be full of people flaming the team and idiots crying about updates taking time. The Wiikey gets the most hate out of any chip I've known.
As for "DR" I'll assume you mean DL... And they had it working fine for GC games so it was in. The Wii DL discs didn't EXIST as far as the public was concerned until about a week ago, no one could have predicted that SSBB would be handled in the manner it was and it's completely understandable that it's not supported.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok