Hacking Wii channels on USB device

mystered

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already know about running them from the sd card and what with the wii's very limited onboard memory of 512mb which is not enough for me i was wondering if there is any homebrew or hack to get the wii to think my thumb drive is an sd card? as my sd card is only 1 gig and i can't afford a new sd right now, or maybe a homebrew to run wad files directly on a usb or something like that? any help would be awesome so don't hesitate to post anything you know cuz i want to get the most out of my wii

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
In a way, wad2iso is even more a triiforce front-end than mighty channels (or triiforce mrc). wad2iso's forwarders do nothing but load up triiforce and then launch the game with predefined settings. It's a bit like a shortcut (or rather: a batch file) on a computer.

@OP: there is no way to run wads directly. They always have to be installed on the wii's nand...or on an emulated wii nand. After setting up that nand on your usb drive, you can use showmiiwads to install wads to that nand. After that, it's a matter of getting the right program.

-Triiforce and triiforce mrc are the most common ways. mighty_channels is the successor of triiforce mrc. Although it is currently still in beta, I'd say it is stable enough to run most (if not all) games that triiforce (mrc) can play
-wad2iso is a very convenient way to play wiiware if you're using an usb loader. keep in mind, though, that it is basically triiforce you're using (in other words: if you can't get a game working through triiforce, there is no way it'll work with the created forwarder).
-uloader can also play wiiware and VC from an emulated nand. It does not rely on Waninkoko's rev's, and as such, it can play some wiiware the previously mentioned methods can't handle. The interface isn't great, though, and compatibility isn't 100% either.
-sneek (or rather: uneek) is a way to completely emulate the wii on SD- or USB drive. It is harder (more complex) to set up than the earlier methods, but if you can manage to get it working, it has 100% compatability.

mystered

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well triiforce sounds like exactly what i'm looking for, thank you
yaywii.gif

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I may not totally understand how this works, but it may very well work for the problem I have. Please let me know if this is the case.

I am hoping to start using USB Loader GX 2.0, and I know in the previous versions, there was no nice way to load installed channels (like Nintendo Shop and Internet Channel). If I dump my NAND, and create WADs from my installed channels, will I be able to run them once I install them like ISO's to the USB hard drive? I get the impression that I will need a NAND dump to do it with because it runs through Triiforce, but I've never used that program before.

This may all be unnecessary if this option was implemented in GX 2.0, but I have no idea because I haven't tried the new version yet.

Thanks for any input.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them