OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
given the hardware specs for both systems it is possible for the wii to emu DC games, but is anyone trying? I would love to play MvC2 on the Wii

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
It shouldn't be impossible, as it looks like it'll be released on Virtual Console soon. (Sega have re-trademarked many dreamcast titles recently).

tsampiras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Alexrose said:
It shouldn't be impossible, as it looks like it'll be released on Virtual Console soon. (Sega have re-trademarked many dreamcast titles recently).
A dreamcast game can be up to ~4.8GB, VC and Wiiware's max filesize is 50MB ~300-400blocks
Says who?

I believe Q (creator of REZ) is making a spiritual sucessor to REZ but SEGA didn't agreed to make a sequel. Maybe because of a REZ sequel/port to wii/ds?
I hope so. Or a ps3 port I don't mind.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jaxxster said:
Actually its the boy who could go jail for rape. Regardless of whos older and if she consented, as shes under 15 he's commited statutory rape.

tsampiras said:
QUOTE(Alexrose @ Feb 13 2009, 07:50 PM) It shouldn't be impossible, as it looks like it'll be released on Virtual Console soon. (Sega have re-trademarked many dreamcast titles recently).
A dreamcast game can be up to ~4.8GB, VC and Wiiware's max filesize is 50MB ~300-400blocks
Says who?

I believe Q (creator of REZ) is making a spiritual sucessor to REZ but SEGA didn't agreed to make a sequel. Maybe because of a REZ sequel/port to wii/ds?
I hope so. Or a ps3 port I don't mind.
I thought that GD-ROM disks can only hold 1.2gig.

_Alex_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dreamcast games can't be up to 4,8gb because the medium was GD-Rom so the max filesize for one image is 1,2gb... i think games like crazy taxy should be possible as wii ware titel!

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dreamcat games were 1.2gigz and the discs were GD-ROMS which was basically an advanced cd-rom format. Allot of the data on the game discs was just filler and was not needed....
People use to remove it then put the utopia boot loader/code at the beginning of the disc and pad it (filler) so they didn't have to swap discs....

I loved Dreamcast and i still have it and play it.....

-kitt050383

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's VERY possible. Not only are gd-rom discs glorified cdrom discs, which as stated are merely 1.2 gigs in size, most titles didn't come anywhere near that limit and on top of that the audio can be compressed even further, making for an even smaller package. It'll be like tg-cd titles basically.... they'll fit, just don't expect to have more than one or two on your system at a time.

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The Dreamcast is heavly optimized and difficult to emulate (is a home version of the NAOMI board for arcade machines, only with less ram) and even on PC there are currently only 2 emulators that works, and they do not boot every game or emulate them correctly or at full speed.
I don't think that the Wii will ever be able to emulate it (maybe I'm wrong, but looking at the specs of the Dreamcast...).
I think that Sega is considering porting the games, like with Skies of Arcadia for Gamecube, or making sequel or remake.
Also, a DC game can take up to 1.2 Gb, or even more (like Shenmue, 3 GD-roms). Obviously not every game take up 1.2 Gb, but even so...

P.S. I have a Dreamcast, with a double arcade control stick (MvsC2 rulez)
laugh.gif

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good old Dreamcast. Seriously though, you might as well just go buy one on ebay for like $40, Find a place to "get" games, and then burn them with DiskJuggler.

God it was so easy. There was no modification need at all to the system.

However, @ topic, it seems very unlikely that this will happen for the reasons stated above. Maybe SEGA will do some ports though because there sure were some sweet games. Jet Grind Radio, Soul Calibur, Rush 2049, Power Stone, etc.

I'm still glad I have mine. I might have to dust it off and hook it up for some good nostalgia. Gotta get some batteries for the damn VMUs though, lol.

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Adventure 2 DreamCast ISO: 648.0 MB
Sonic Adventure DreamCast ISO: 681.5 MB
They are both in rar archives.
They'd take a while to download onto your Wii, and take more space than what the Wii can hold, but I heard something about an SD Solution, so you could read channels right off of your SD card. If this is implemented, there will probably be more pirating...
People uploading their channels right from their SD card to others that can just download it, without having to softmod or hardmod their Wiis.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SkankyYankee said:
1.2GB does not fit into 512 MB of flash no matter how you slice it.

Hmm.. what if you slice it into 512 MB chunks and put them on one at a time?

(hehe just kidding)

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
except when you slice the dreamcast image down to a measly 50mb like taxi driver game and many others. i got 51 full dc games on my pc takin up only 17gb, do the math

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
considering the fact that you could fit 4-5 rips to a DVD R its doable, emulating at a decent fps on the other hand i doubt it i would be happy to see more dc titles on the wii, but since a lot of the best can be found as GC titles and with gx geo and some are already ported to wii i would rather see CPS2 and CPS3 emulation but that could be because i have a pile of DC's already here.

Wii-Nis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
for those of you who said i should go buy a DC, i've had mine since 9/9/99....bought it and every launch title. i own just about 95% of all retail DC games (NTSC-U & J) Second i never said i wanted to install the DC games on the Wii, just play them on it. and the dreamcast board is a naomi mini me, the wii ati card has more "latent" power then the entire dreamcast board, and to clarify a gd-rom only has 1024mb, or 1 gb.

devolpers of wii games claim the power of ati's hollywood chip, which is dual core, is somewhere in between a radeon x1400 and x1600.

the wii has more then enough power to emulate a DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night