Hardware Wii bricked

baicunko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello, i've full bricked my wii, no audio, video, nothing, SaveMiiFrii also not working, it's a nice piece of a brick.
I've read in this forum it's possible to flash the nand with an infectus modchip.
I have 0 ability on soldering but i'm a really goood student when it comes to electronic devices.
my wii is not LU64+, bricked it downgrading from 4.1 to 3.3 with cioscorp installed, it fucked up the system
No bootmii2 installed, no preloader, nothing.
Is it possible to fix it with infectus?
Thanks!

KaiWren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you should be able to reprogram the nand with the infectus, but i'm not 100 percent on that.

baicunko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Im guessing that GCN is a gamecube control, i've tryed but nothing, wii is dead it won't boot up recovery menu.
My last chance is to buy a new motherboard or try with infectus.
it's hard to use infectus? will it work?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
baicunko said:
Im guessing that GCN is a gamecube control, i've tryed but nothing, wii is dead it won't boot up recovery menu.

How did you exactly brick your Wii? By installing a stubbed IOS? If so, you can't do software-related things. You'll need to mess with the console's hardware. I believe Infectus is hard to use if you're a n00b like me, as you need to have some knowledge to actually use a NAND reprogrammer, like the bushing's one (and have your console keys in hand, too); but if you do it right, I'm pretty sure you can unbrick your Wii.

baicunko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
PabloACZ said:
baicunko said:

How did you exactly brick your Wii? By installing a stubbed IOS? If so, you can't do software-related things. You'll need to mess with the console's hardware. I believe Infectus is hard to use if you're a n00b like me, as you need to have some knowledge to actually use a NAND reprogrammer, like the bushing's one (and have your console keys in hand, too); but if you do it right, I'm pretty sure you can unbrick your Wii.
then it's time to test infectus i guess. i'm a really good learner, and i would be glad to learn all this, i dont have any console keys on my hand, i've got nothing.
where can i get those keys?
Withouth them, can i still use infectus?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
baicunko said:
then it's time to test infectus i guess. i'm a really good learner, and i would be glad to learn all this, i dont have any console keys on my hand, i've got nothing.

Oh... Then, I'm sorry to say you're f*cked up, meh, D:... The only way to obtain those console keys easily is by using Xyzzy, a homebrew application made by bushing. Without them, you can't reprogram (or better to say, flash) the NAND...

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you had ever used bootmii and done a nand dump you would have the key dump. Apparently bootmii appends the keys to the end of every nand dump.

baicunko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
PabloACZ said:
baicunko said:

Oh... Then, I'm sorry to say you're f*cked up, meh, D:... The only way to obtain those console keys easily is by using Xyzzy, a homebrew application made by bushing. Without them, you can't reprogram (or better to say, flash) the NAND...
I read somewhere on this forum that i can still flash the nand, and get those keys in my computer.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
baicunko said:
I read somewhere on this forum that i can still flash the nand, and get those keys in my computer.

Maybe if you re-flash the NAND to install BootMii in determinate blocks and make a NAND backup with it, you can manage to get that keys.bin on the SD root, just like this thread stipulates. At this point, I'm not being very helpful, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2