Hacking Wii bricked

Kraton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Okey, this happened: I downgraded my wii to 3.2E sometime ago from 3.4. I HAVE Wiikey installed and my wii itself is a very old model from launch. Wii worked perfectly, I just played my wii, launched my games from geckoS/gamma without worrying about updates. But then my sister came to visit me, because I was absent, she started to play with my Wii. She starts to play Punch out, update screen comes, and she updates. Now Punch out will launch fine but because she doesn't like it, she changes the game. Then, se chooses different game. New update screen comes, she updates again and then, black screen.

After that, it seems that Wii can still read discs, run etc but I cannot see nothing from TV. All tvs just say: No signal or whatsoever.

So, I think my sis bricked my Wii. I DONT have preloader running but I have my whole Wii stuff on my computer which I took from Wii with BootMii.

Help needed seriosly.

Kraton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I installed BootMii. Not sure where, but probably on my SD card or something. Because later I needed to format my SD card because it bugged and then the BootMii menu disppeared. Before format I of course copied all files to my pc. I don't think I have bootmii anymore on my wii because it won't run when I turn my wii on. I never uninstalled it though, only did format my SD card.

I was JUST going to install preloader before this happened. Damn ;_;

Any other help? This is killing me.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Agreed about the NAND backups. What we really need is a tool that can be run from bootmii on MINI that can let you completely reinstall hosed/missing firmware w/o a NAND Backup.

Anyway, assuming you do not have a NAND backup, there is a Wad Manager that uses a gamecube controller (wiimotes don't work from bootmii). If HBC still runs from BootMii, and you can start that GC Controller wad manager, you could try installing IOS30 v1040 and System Menu 3.2 v290 with it. You can get the wads using NUS Downloader.

Hopefully that will install a functional system menu for you. After that, you may need to downgrade your other IOSes.

Were either of the games out of region by chance? If so, that's likely why your wii bricked.

Kraton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Oh yeah, I have both Nand file and Bootmii dir on my pc. Gotta tests these tomorrow. This day was probably worst day of my life: My computer's screen suddenly stopped working and is broken now, My wii was bricked and I lost my job because of recession.

Thanks for help. Btw, how does these recovery disks work? I have modchip installed so can't I fix the problem with them?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope, those unbrick discs won't help without a system menu from which they can run. You could try savemiifrii, but it likely won't work since it appears that the system menu or its IOS is corrupt.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got BootMii installed as boot2 right? If that's the case you'll be just fine because of the nand dump.

Once you're restored you should consider updating to 4.0 to keep this from happening again.

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have removed your bootmii files from your sdcard, bootmii won't show up. But if you copy them back to your sdcard you should get the menu again. Then you should be able to restore your backup, or boot HBC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: