Wii Brick Repairs!!! I am your guy.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DeadlyFoez, Oct 8, 2014.

1. DeadlyFoez
    OP

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    After almost a year of personal change I have decided to finally start offering my wii repair service once again.

I will charge $30 for my service, so I can compete with the cost of a used console or Nintendo's repair cost. You must pay shipping both ways. It is cheapest using USPS's flat rate priority mail service at a little over $10 per way.

I accept CASH ONLY. I've had problems with money orders and checks in the past.

I generally mail the wii back out the next business day, and many times mail it back out the same day.

REQUIRED: Either you include a proper NAND dump on an SD card for me to use, or your wii be bootmii/boot2 compatible.

You can check if the serial number of your wii may fall under the bootmi/boot2 compatible list here-> http://gbatemp.net/threads/bootmii-boot2-wii-serial-numbers.205180/

I have done this service for well over 200 people without a single complaint. Everyone in this forum knows me well.

Send me a PM if you need my service. I will not do this service for anyone outside of the United States bc shipping cost is too high to make it worth your while.

NOTE: DO NOT ask questions about your bricked wii in here. Also, do not send me PM's asking questions about your partially bricked wii and asking me for advice on how YOU can fix it. These forums are for asking those questions. Sending me a PM is strictly for if you need to send your wii to me.

TerryG, VashTS and DinohScene like this.
  2. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I can vouch for DF.
    His soldering skills are majestic!
    I highly recommend it!

3. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    Just my opinion but I'd trust you to work on my Wii. :yaysp:

Quick question - you have any fixes for Wii that has artifacts? I want to reflow it with a heat gun but I'm don't want to waste my time.

4. DeadlyFoez
    OP

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    You could try a heatgun, although you have to be careful to heat the board evenly otherwise it will flex and totally break it.

5. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Foez, you should really consider expanding into 3ds nand modding. Its easier and there's a big demand for it given the 3ds is a current gen system. There's only 1 guy based in the US doing it right now so it'd be a big growth opportunity for your business. Sry for off-topic, won't say anything more about it. Glad your back.

Jayro likes this.
  6. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    I havent had this guy do any work on my wii but being a member for hella time I know that when anyone has wii issues this guy is the guy to go to

7. bobsyouruncle

bobsyouruncle Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2010
    United States
    Hello- I'm trying to figure out if my Wii is bricked or not. I guess how do I know? This is the error message I'm getting when trying to load games off my external?

Error: cIOS249rev18, cIOS222v4, cIOS223v4, cIOS224v5 or higher required for starting games from a FAT partition! Upgrade IOS249 or choose a different IOS.

I appreciate your help!

8. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY

Yeah I'm familiar with heatgunning PS3's and 360's ;) Just wondering if you had any other ideas.

9. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    No, your Wii is not bricked. Install the latest version of your usb loader and the latest version of d2x cIOS and you should be fine.

10. veeronic

veeronic Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    (disregard)

11. 466

466 yes, it says 466

Mar 28, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Earth
    Bumping an old thread...

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?

12. veeronic

veeronic Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    (disregard reply)

13. veeronic

veeronic Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    I apologize, I misread the notice.