Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

ratt1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just defrag my drive and found that the temp for unzipping the for wiimanager hasn't been deleted after job is finished - can you add this to new version thanx RATT

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think i have asked this before and its probably been answered before but i can't find it going back 20 pages so i will ask again.

When exporting the game list to plain txt file

How do i make it so all it exports is the title of the game.
I do not want all the information such as md5 hash,region ext...

EDIT:

I figured out a way to do it.Not sure if its the easiest way but it works.

I went into the export templates folder and then edited the plain text fig file so it only showed title.

If there's an easier way to do it please let me know.

Thanks.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is missing one thing. I looked but couldn't find an option.

Extracting from archives with passwords. If you could add that, this app will be perfect.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks fig2k4 for add me to the thanks list!!
laugh.gif

I was wondering, sorry if someone has already asked this, its possible to integrate DiscEX into this tool in order to convert isos to SNEEK format?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Alrac said:
some ppl like me, like to sell 1TB drives full of wii games
I've sold plenty of games in the past, not into it now like.

But why in the fuck would anyone sign up just to post this, what are you doing? boasting?
If so, shit boast, you can copy, paste, buy a hard drive and find someone stupid enough that can't do this themselves.
And in fact, if you're using wii backup manager for this then it seems you can't even manage copy/paste.

Well done you

Alrac

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what the hell are you all talking about, like nobody here has modded someone's wii because they didn't know how to, didn't have the time to learn how or just didn't care because they knew somebody that did modifying for a fee what is so diff. about what i do and btw thanx for the warm welcome assholes!!!
angry.gif

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Alrac said:
what the hell are you all talking about, like nobody here has modded someone's wii because they didn't know how to, didn't have the time to learn how or just didn't care because they knew somebody that did modifying for a fee what is so diff. about what i do and btw thanx for the warm welcome assholes!!!
angry.gif
At what point did you state in your lovely welcoming post
"some ppl like me, like to sell 1TB drives full of wii games "
That you have ever modded a wii?
Plenty of people mod and mod for a fee. Personally I used to mod when modding was actually modding, when it all went softmod I gave up as I can't charge someone to press a few buttons. When I modded, I used to charge for my time and skill as not everyone has access to and can use properly a soldering iron.

But as for what you said you do, all you do is copy and paste and that was your whole contribution to this post, nobody asked, but you just felt it right to join up to the forum and say, I like to sell drives full of wii games. Did you expect to be inundated with orders or something? What kind of response if any were you looking for and if you werent, why even write the post?

You would get a warm welcome if you had created a welcome thread or even came on and asked a question about a problem you are having, not just boasting that you sell games

Alrac

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i wasn't boasting, someone said that anything larger than a 500gig drive was a waste, why is it a waste?? I give ppl what they want and i don't know of any game you can copy/paste from the internet, and i don't care if you think it's wrong just like you said you charged when modding was modding with your "special" soldering iron maybe you should put it in the smithsonian museum under glass so ppl can say thats a "special" soldering iron, it takes talent to use that "special" soldering iron........get a life!!!!

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Alrac said:
i wasn't boasting, someone said that anything larger than a 500gig drive was a waste, why is it a waste?? I give ppl what they want and i don't know of any game you can copy/paste from the internet
What do you mean by this? Any game you download can be copy/pasted onto a drive
QUOTEand i don't care if you think it's wrong just like you said you charged when modding was modding with your "special" soldering iron maybe you should put it in the smithsonian museum under glass so ppl can say thats a "special" soldering iron, it takes talent to use that "special" soldering iron........get a life!!!!
When did I say you should stop modding, when did I say you are bad for modding and charging? I said I couldn't do that, which I can't, because I have morals, the few mates wii's that I have modded since softmodding was viable I have done for free.

My soldering iron wasn't special, lol. It was simply a case of, back then, you wanted to play copies, you needed a chip and if you couldn't solder, you went to someone who could. I simply could. Anyone can press some buttons and follow guides, but not everyone can solder hence why I didn't feel bad about selling that service.

Riiiiiiight, so now we've got to the point, you were responding to someone that said 500gigs of games is a huge waste of space, now it makes sense. For future reference, notice the quote button, that stops you looking like a random idiot just boasting about what he does, that would have been you responding to a post and it would have made a little sense.
Like most here though I agree that 500gig's is just way too much and not needed by a general user, just someone who wants to capitialise on the scene.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Alrac said:
angry.gif
The money. That's what's different.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
I would sell a drive full of games, only at the original price of the HDD i bought it at for family and friends that wanted to go the HDD route and not disc

It saves them time looking for a HDD they wont know is compatible thus not wasting money and time fannying about, as for me i could go get a HDD i know is high quality and compatible, buy it, fill it with games and resell it at the bought price, the reason for the price is simple, i didnt pay for the games so why would i be low enough and greedy enough to charge for them

Still people have their own principles

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
No of Wii's modded excluding my own, 3
Profit made £0.00p

no wait, I did rip off my cousin by getting a SD Card delivered at the same time as his HDD and letting him pay the postage for both.

Anyone making money from softmodding is profiteering, it's not your time and effort that goes into the mod it's the time and effort of the people who made the tools available.

Trigger911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really love the application. I just have one request .... is there anyway on the wiiflow settings for cover art to put the covers in the cover folder and not a sub folder ... It would make getting the cover cache made much faster and I wouldn't have to copy and paste the in the upper directory...

Once again this Application has to be the best ever released for the wii scene.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Trigger911 said:
Really love the application. I just have one request .... is there anyway on the wiiflow settings for cover art to put the covers in the cover folder and not a sub folder ... It would make getting the cover cache made much faster and I wouldn't have to copy and paste the in the upper directory...

Once again this Application has to be the best ever released for the wii scene.
1) This isn't a thread about Wiiflow, this is Wii Backup Manager, its alright like, but best ever for the scene? hmmm
2) Yes thats possible. Just edit the wiiflow.ini file in the apps dir of your sd card. You can specify whatever folders you want

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some games very close to 4GB that I can fit on my apx. 4GB thumbstick by using WBFS manager, but not this program. Any reason why that could be?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo