1. pontomedon

pontomedon Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    hey fig2k4: i have a suggestion for making the cover download feature even more comfortable:

i don't know about the other loaders, but cfg loader allows to store the covers on the same usb harddrive where the games are, so how about the following:

everytime a fat or ntfs drive is mounted, wbm could check if one of the default cover folders (usb:\usb-loader\covers for cfg loader) exists and offer to automatically sync covers to that drive - i wouldn't mind a popup there, but i guess there should be an option to automatically sync without a popup, and the drive tab should state somewhere that auto-cover-sync is active.

would make a really good user xp imho, because you don't have to care about covers anymore, even if you manage multiple harddrives, which get different drive letters from windows, every harddrive would always have exactly the covers for the games that are on it, no more and no less.

Would be great if that would make it to your todo list [​IMG]

pontomedon

edit: in case no one mentioned it so far - there seems to be a bug related to the progress calculation:

[​IMG]

Tell me if you need the log [​IMG]

2. MisterMooth

MisterMooth Advanced Member
    Newcomer

For some reason I can't calculate the MD5 hash of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It's a dual-layer WBFS file, and it's on an NTFS partition. It's the only game, from what I can tell, that this program cannot work with. I can't even get it to copy over if I remove it from the drive. It's a rip of my own copy of the game, so it should be fine.

Here's a log: http://cl.ly/5XNV

Would this be a problem with WBM, or CFG USB Loader (what I used to rip it)?

3. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

i had this problem but i put a fresh rip of the game on the HDD(FAT32) then transferred it to another HDD(WBFS) and when it was transferring it calculated the hash, so you might have a bad rip, what cIOS did you use to rip the game?

EDIT

Just checked your log and it was the same as mine when i tried to do anything with it, a re-rip sorted the read errors out

4. MisterMooth

Newcomer

Thanks for the response. I've already tried ripping it a couple times, which didn't work, but I'll give it another shot. The disc is perfectly clean, so I don't understand why it'd be doing this. Does the cios you use matter when ripping it? I've just had it on 249.

5. Pyrate02

Pyrate02 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hey guys - I could use some help in trying to figure out how to transfer games as ISO files in a FAT32 formatted external hard drive. I don't know if its just me, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Wii Backup Manager only transfers games as a WBFS file to my external hard drive and it doesn't work.

I have been using WBFS Manager and had no problems before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Update - config loader is working but USB GX and Wiiflow arent....not sure what I am doing wrong

6. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

yes the cIOS does matter as earlier revs had a dual layer bug that couldn't read/rip the second layer properly resulting in a faulty rip.

249 but what rev was it? try re-ripping it with cIOSX rev21 d2x v3 from the hacking section or download the .wads via ModMii 4.5.1

7. MisterMooth

Newcomer

Just installed d2x v3. I'll test a bit later to see if it fixes it. For now though I've used CleanRip and it's made a perfect, verified rip of the game.

8. josho

josho Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Senegal
    Where can I dl the d2x v3?

For this backup manager, what happened if there's game in my HDD originally? (Used WBFS manager previously)

9. bazamuffin

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

10. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    Well, you can't write full 4.7GB iso file on a FAT32 hard drive, that's why it's converted to WBFS.
    In order to keep the .iso extension on a FAT32 partition you would need to use WiiScrubber to fully scrubbed+TOC replaced the iso to keep only the game's data and remove the garbage's area physically (which is basically a cISO).

WBFS Manager couldn't write 4G+ files on FAT32 either. Maybe you used ntfs before ?
    Just keep the wbfs file format, or use an NTFS if you really want the .iso extension.

.wbfs files should work fine with all USB Loaders, maybe you need to set the correct folder or sub-folder name format.

11. lukands

lukands I took the little bus here

Estonia
    Does changing the physical sector size only just shrink wbfs files smaller, to hold more then 500 games on 1 partition, using a 2TB HDD (with 1 partition). Is that what the physical sector size is for?

12. bnm81002

bnm81002 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    my brother in law formatted his drive as WBFS, can I format the drive as FAT and keep the games without having to copy all of the games again? thanks

13. Spidy1000

Spidy1000 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    no, not possible, wbfs cannot be converted to fat32, you'll need to backup the games, format and copy back your games

14. Trigger911

Trigger911 Member
    Newcomer

United States

I was talking about Wii backup manager and using it to create the cashe for the game disc .... I do not have wifi for my wii as my router is too far away i need to get me a repeater up.

15. dexter222

dexter222 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can't hold more than 500 games on a 2TB HDD (with one partition) using WBFS unless it has an ACTUAL sector size larger than 512b, which none do. You can tell WBM to use a larger sector size but then it's no longer technically WBFS, it's a modified WBFS and won't work on any loaders (yet). It has nothing to do with making the files smaller but how many files the File System (WBFS) can manage. The number of files a WBFS drive can hold is determined by the drive sector size.

You can use FAT32 or NTFS and have no problems fitting 1,000 plus games on a 2tb drive. If you have more than 1,000 games, or see yourself doing so in the future, about the only solution is using a 3tb drive. I've tested both the Seagate and Western Digigal 3tb drives and they work. You should be able to fit about 1,450 to 1,500 games on it. You would actually HAVE to format your 3tb drive WBFS to use it on the Wii. You can check out http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=276...t=0&start=0 if you need more info on using a 3tb drive.

16. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer
    Former Staff

United States
    Sorry for the dumb question, and I searched a good deal before posting, but what's the safest way to remove games from my HDD? Can I simply deleted them from the drive via My Computer in Windows, or is there a feature in Wii Backup Manager I should use instead?

17. PPSainity

PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    Depends on how you backed up your game images. If they are just plain .wbfs files on a FAT32, NTFS, or EXT2/3 formatted drive then you can delete them using the standard delete function on your PC like any file, the delete function in your USB Loader or the delete function in Wii backup Manager for Windows. If your games are stored on a WBFS partition then you can only delete them using the delete function in your USB Loader or the delete function in Wii backup Manager for Windows as the PC will not natively know what the WBFS partition is.

Either way understand that other than the game file itself there might be other remnants like the cover images and game specific settings files that may get left behind. This will depend on the deletion method, USB Loader you use and how you have your games organized.

As far as one method being safer...in my experience all methods are equally safe/unsafe.

-[]D

18. smuddge

smuddge Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    just a suggestion i would like to see in the next version.
    i would like to see the games be able to be sorted by selection.
    i can sort by every other field than that.
    it only matters for me when moving games from the collection to other drives and to verify that i have everything selected that i need at a quick glance rather than scrolling through every game to check that i didn't miss any.

not a big deal just would be helpful for me.

thanks for a great app!

19. Burton

Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Look here: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ba...-backup-manager

In the application's main interface there's a remove button. Just check the games you want to delete.

This question has been answered a lot of times before...you must use the search function properly or some mod may scold you for that....oh wait! [​IMG]

20. rumsey

rumsey Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a problem, when I choose to transfer a wbfs file from my game drive as an ISO to my PC, other wii backup managers do not recognize the disc. What I need to do is inject a file in to the game partition of a certain game, so is there an alternative program that will allow me to extract and inject (overwrite) files in a wbfs archive?

FYI when I convert to WBFS I move all partitions, not just game. I did that explicitly in case I ever needed to recreate a iso to modify ala smash bros or CoD. So much for that practice :-\

I'm trying to use TruchaSigner but it doesn't recognize the ISOs that wii backup manager creates.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Windows, Manager, backup