Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fig2k4 said:
@dhwz
You definitely used build 61 to create the CISOs? CISO writing was broken in an earlier version, but they should be OK now. I tested a few and they work OK in build 61..

Yes, just to be sure I've converted an ISO to CISO again and yes its still broken. It only shows Size 4MB and Partitions ????.
frown.gif

The real filesize of the newly created .ciso file seems to be ok 1,81GB. But somehow the CISO is corrupted, as build 61 and 0.3.5 cannot detect the correct partition size, and build 61 doesn't even know which partitions are inside of the CISO file.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Start WBM, create a CISO as normal, then load it on the files list. The log should show something that'll help narrow down what the problem is.

Send me the log either using Help->Feedback in the menu or just attach the log to an email.

dhwz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fig2k4 said:
Start WBM, create a CISO as normal, then load it on the files list. The log should show something that'll help narrow down what the problem is.

Send me the log either using Help->Feedback in the menu or just attach the log to an email.

Ok, I've sent you the log.

There are 2 error messages in the log: Invalid TMD and Error reading partition...

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Got it, thanks. Like I said in the email, I only tested the recent CISO fix with "Keep all partitions". That's where the problem lies and it is still broken when using "Keep game partition only". It should only take a second to fix when I can find the time to test and make sure it is really fixed this time.

Sending the log really does make a big difference because I can spot little things that might not be obvious to most users. Like the partition selection in this case.
smile.gif

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another request, is it possible to make export templates compatible with the load from file option in the selection menu? I tried customizing a text template with this:
Code:
[Entry]
%ID% - %Title% - %SizeMB% (%SizeGB%)

Which put the GameID first like in the .sel file but when selected nothing happens.
frown.gif

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK i'm SOO PISSED OFFF!!!!! MAN. I see you all are happy and stuff like you found solutions and stuff BUT I CAN't BEEN TRYING to transfer ONE GAME and keep geting problems MAN i been doing this for 4 HOURS!!! i downloaded all wii manager and still SHIT! 100% and no game transfer and it loads fast. LIKE GAMES ARE THAT FAST TO CONVERT >:l

Sorry -.- I can't transfer files and convert them to ISO. Is it my hard drive?

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@DGenerateKane
The .sel files only contain a list of game IDs.

Code:
[Entry]
%ID%

But you might as well just click "Select All", then save the selection instead of using the export templates.

I should probably change the code to read the first 6 characters of each line in the .sel files instead of using the whole line as the ID.

@RareKirby
You're not trying to save ISOs to a FAT32 drive are you? If it is a FAT32 drive, use WBFS files instead..

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RareKirby said:
OK i'm SOO PISSED OFFF!!!!! MAN. I see you all are happy and stuff like you found solutions and stuff BUT I CAN't BEEN TRYING to transfer ONE GAME and keep geting problems MAN i been doing this for 4 HOURS!!! i downloaded all wii manager and still SHIT! 100% and no game transfer and it loads fast. LIKE GAMES ARE THAT FAST TO CONVERT >:l

Sorry -.- I can't transfer files and convert them to ISO. Is it my hard drive?
Dude, you have to relax. This hobby will quickly turn on you if you don't keep you wits about you. More so if you are new to the hobby. So seriously, relax. When you get into a hard spot, the best thing to do is gather knowledge and read yourself out of the situation. It's hard for anyone to really help you from your post as it gives us no knowledge of where you are stuck.

There are some questions that need to be answered:
  • What is the source of the game you are trying to transfer? Retail game disc? ISO Image? WBFS File? Game on a WBFS partition?
  • What are you trying to transfer the game to? USB HDD or Flash Drive? What size? How many partitions? What are the partitions formatted to?
  • How big is the game in question? Is it a dual layer (DL) game?
  • Do you know the specific step at which your are stuck? Converting between formats? Actually transferring the game?
fig2k4 alludes to a good point. Assuming you are using a USB HDD formatted as FAT32, understand that there is a 4GB file limit. Normal, single layer Wii game ISO images are 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes) large, over the 4GB FAT32 file size limit. If you are using a FAT32 (or NTFS) formatted drive, you should be converting the games images into ".WBFS" files; not to be confused with the WBFS partition format. WBFS files are scrubbed so that only the game data remains, so the resultant file is often smaller than the ISO image. Furthermore, game managers like the Wii backup Manager for Windows will automatically split the WBFS files into chunks less than 4GB in size when transferring to FAT32 partitions.

Find out as much as you can about your particular situation, do some reading, give us some more info, and let's see if we can get at least one game transferred
wink.gif

-[]D

x66x66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use this to backup my ACCF to my pc, change the ID, and then play it as a backup and be able to save in a new save slot vs my non-backup? So I can have two save slots for one game?

If so how do I know what to change the ID to?

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry. Got so use to wbfs intelligent and wii backup was soo new to me. It turns out it was the game. The wbfs was corrupted. Thanx guys ^^

binded2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im just wondering why some lines are blue and others are black i have not been able to figure this out ???

hmm is it possable to add like cheat code download now that would be pretty cool
they doesnt seem to be any batch downloaders

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue titles have been renamed based on the wiitdb, as some of the original titles are not the best, or completely confusing. And I've already requested downloading from geckocodes.org, he said it shouldn't be too difficult to implement. (Here's hoping!)

binded2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DGenerateKane said:
Blue titles have been renamed based on the wiitdb, as some of the original titles are not the best, or completely confusing. And I've already requested downloading from geckocodes.org, he said it shouldn't be too difficult to implement. (Here's hoping!)

thanks for the info now a another question the rename is that a permanite rename or just in the program? i seen the settings to perm rename but i dont think that i have that on. also is the renaming only on transfer to the drive or does it do it when it loads the disk

brendy03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a problem with renames. I do the rename, the WBM UI shows the new name. I see the changes in custom-names.txt, and copy this to the /wiiflow/settings directory on my wii HD, and rename to custom_names.txt, but when I run wiiflow the custom names are ignored, and I still see the original names. Any idea? Maybe a wiiflow problem more than a WBM problem?

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for this great app ! Just amazing ...

One function i am still missing is to compare my collection on multiple HDDs to a online database like wiitdb or gbatemp to find out what "roms" are still missing in my collection.

Should be handy when wii is going into EOL and we want them all on HDD ...8)

Have a nice weekend ...

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
todd72173 said:
How can I go over 500 MAX LIMIT? Use a different app or reformat to something other than WBFS?

I CANT ADD GAMES!! AHHHHHH

Use FAT32 or NTFS. But seriously, I've said it before who the fuck needs over 500 games ??
At least 70 % of those games suck. I know you agree..

I really don't get why people like to collect every Wii game ever made...

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
WalkerOfTheDay said:
I've said it before who the fuck needs over 500 games ??
I really don't get why people like to collect every Wii game ever made...

Lol@games hoarders. I don't get why people buy a 1 or 2TB drive specifically for the wii. 500gb should be plenty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme