Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thx for all your work, it's a fantastic tool! I updated from 3.5Beta1 today and it seems to be even faster and better now
yaywii.gif

I've got a small FR: could you make it optional for the startup folder parsing to recurse directories?

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
@LxTrix
Just to clarify. If you type the first few letters of a game title, it'll scroll to that entry.

It uses an incremental search, so if you type "ma" it'll go to the first title beginning with that. Type it again, it'll go to the next.

If caps lock is on (or shift to uppercase), it'll search for the letters anywhere in the title. eg. "MA" might go to "Super Mario". With caps lock off, it only uses the start of the title eg. you'd need to type "su" to find "Super Mario".

@tHeWiZaRdOfDoS
I must've forgot about the folder recursion. The startup folders should probably just use the global setting that's already there; "Add files from folders recursively".

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
fig2k4 said:
If caps lock is on (or shift to uppercase), it'll search for the letters anywhere in the title. eg. "MA" might go to "Super Mario". With caps lock off, it only uses the start of the title eg. you'd need to type "su" to find "Super Mario".

fig2k4,

duh ! I totally forgot about the uppercase..
wink.gif

anyway I have been fooling around and doing some tests..
and I have to admit that I second @LxTrix
having a "search" box would allow you to add a filter by name... that would be a really neat addition.
scroll as you type is really (very) useful but it is not the same use as a filter.

another question
I have been fooling around lately because I am building a NAS (using unraid)
and I wanted to move my games to the NAS.
unfortunately through your app it is slow, or I should say slower than a "simple" copy.
using supercopier/teracopy/... the speed ranges between 40 to 60MB
but when I copy with wiib I hardly get 14 to 16 MB.
do you have any idea ?

Cheers,
R

edit
I am using WBFS file.. not sparsed ISO (just in case you thought maybe the sparsing was the reason of the slow down.)

edit 2
I tested with WIT.. and I get an average speed of 45-50.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
fig2k4 just to let you know , when your program is reading my DRIVE NTFS, its not getting all the games on the drive .. your old 0.3.4 is working but not the newest one for me

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@redia
The original libWBFS copies whole WBFS blocks at a time (generally 2MB), but I came across different code that does 32KB at a time (I think it was from WiiFlow). At the time it seemed much better because the progress updates were more frequent. Recently, I was actually thinking about going back to the 2MB because I think it would be faster. The speed problem is probably from a combination of this and the fact that I need to sync the threads for progress updates etc.

I also like the idea from Google Chrome. Each tab in the browser is a different running process, instead of a thread. Each process hooks onto the first/main one. That negates the need for threads at all, since it doesn't matter if the process isn't responding because it never blocks the main process. It's quite a good idea anyway because it would be much more stable. The different processes can still communicate using windows messages, just like threads. Some people wouldn't like having the app show up 4 times in task manager though, but it's really no different from having 4 threads running at the same time.

Edit: The reason I haven't done a filter is because it means storing the list twice, the whole list and the filtered one. It shouldn't be a problem though. Once I've implemented it for the database page, I'll probably add it to the others as well.

@djbubba2002
Send me the log so I can see why the games aren't showing. You can export the current log from the log page, or send an old one from the log folder. The filenames of the log includes the date and time (log-DDMMYYYYHHMMSS.html.bz)

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
i just fine out what was wrong , i had a BAD game on there saying 0kb in the folder ..

fig2k4 i cant wait for the covers to come ,,,

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
fig2k4,

one process per tab...
I like the idea, but doesn't it mean a lot of work for you ?

for the filter...
yeah !

for the network...
if you decide to give it a shot and need some testing let me know.

Cheers,
R

Spellman

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
BUG REPORT!

Crash in WiiBackupManager0.3.6-build48 with spanish language assigned, this problem doesn't happen if you select english:

1-change the language program to SPANISH
2-select and assign a DRIVE (UNIDAD) with a lot o games [WBFS folder in NTFS drive]
3-click the REGION column to sort by this column
4-PROGRAM CRASH

very strange!

I hope I can help

best regards and thanks for this App. It's the best!!!

Snake87r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, sometimes when i close the program the settings file corrupt, and many of my options gone...
This is the error:

21:13:16 Write Settings Error writing settings
21:13:16 Application Exception raised Access violation at address 40000000. Read of address 40000000
Stack trace:
(3FFFF000){WiiBackupManager.exe} [40000000]
[00543309]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Forms.TCustomForm.CloseQuery (Line 6389, "Forms.pas" + 8)
[0051D96C]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Controls.TWinControl.WndProc (Line 9819, "Controls.pas" + 144)
[0053F020]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Forms.TCustomForm.WndProc (Line 3960, "Forms.pas" + 191)
[0051D00C]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Controls.TWinControl.MainWndProc (Line 9540, "Controls.pas" + 3)
[0044B494]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Classes.StdWndProc (Line 13015, "Classes.pas" + 8)
[0051DA6C]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Controls.TWinControl.DefaultHandler (Line 9860, "Controls.pas" + 30)
[00542365]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Forms.TCustomForm.WMSysCommand (Line 5832, "Forms.pas" + 14)
[0051D96C]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Controls.TWinControl.WndProc (Line 9819, "Controls.pas" + 144)
[0053F020]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Forms.TCustomForm.WndProc (Line 3960, "Forms.pas" + 191)
[0051D00C]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Controls.TWinControl.MainWndProc (Line 9540, "Controls.pas" + 3)
[0044B494]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Classes.StdWndProc (Line 13015, "Classes.pas" + 8)
[0051DA6C]{WiiBackupManager.exe} Controls.TWinControl.DefaultHandler (Line 9860, "Controls.pas" + 30)

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@redia
No problem, I'll send tests when it's ready.

@Spellman
I'll look into it. It should be something simple.

@Snake87r
Can you send me the Settings.ini file after the crash? It'll help track where it actually happens. For some reason the stack trace gets messed up at the most important line.
smile.gif

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive got an old wbfs hard drive. It doesn't have a drive letter assigned in windows, it was originally created as unallocated with gparted and config loader formatted it for me and wii backup manager doesnt pick it up

Ive used ncWBFSTool and selected enhanced drive detection in settings and it can pick up my drive as @WBFSPartition1 and lets me move games on and off but I cant seem to get this program to pick up my drive

Still plays fine connected to wii

Am I missing something?

Cheers

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had that and it picked up a harddisk1 but it wasnt showing the games, it thought it was a ntfs partition, which may be from something else. I will check the exact error tonight and report back

nnnop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icebrg5 said:
Anyway to make it where when you export your game list you only get the titles of the games and not the size and region of the games?

I have done that before. But unless all the games are named properly after updating the titles.txt file, and I would have to use another program to compare. I just figured as a suite instead of multiple programs.

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fig2k4 said:
See "Options->Settings->Drives/DVD tab". Untick "Use mounted volumes only". That should do the trick.

Error I get is Valid drive but no WBFS folder Harddisk Volume 1 NTFS

in My Computer Manage drives it has

This NTFS as system reserved under Disk 0 so I dont think this is the drive

My USB harddrive Disk 1 Fat 32 as F: 85GB and 214 GB Healthy (Primary Position)

ncWBFStool lists it as WBFS@PhysicalDrive1Partition1

kissthestick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
big problem! i have no problem with the games on my usb drive, but on my spare 32gb sd card, im trying to use the wii manager to transfer them over but for some reason the bigger games over 1gb dont load through my config usb loader, but the ones under 1gb work fine, what am i doing wrong???????

ratt1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
doesn't the wii only read sdcard under 2 g --they can't read cards that are SDHC in which the wii can't read.don't know how your wii reading this

unless you mean transfer from sdcard to your usb hardrive. if thats the case i say the file must be getting broken up between transfer .maybe the speed from sdcard is slower than the harddrive.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I never tried to use 32GB SDHC but I am sure 8GB SDHC works on CFG UL as well as
other HBC programs.

There is no problem for me to use Wii backup manager 0.3.6 build 48 to load a wbfs
or iso file to my 8GB SDHC card and use for either CFG UL or Wiikey Fusion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hey!