Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Texita said:
Hi, i've corrected some translation errors of Gark95 and FULL translated the italian language, can i upload it there?
smile.gif

EDIT: i post it, if you want it ok, otherwise delete it
smile.gif

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L40BAE27

grazie
nayps3.gif

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Today I got myself a nice 640 GB USB HD and I'm ready to transfer some games to it (I leave the HD partitioned as FAT32, so I can use the HD also as a general storage device (or for my XBOX 360 HD games
wink.gif
). But I still have a questions before I start:

With regard to the option WBFS split style, I know that FAT is limited to 2 GB and FAT32 to 4GB, which will be my choice for the split style, but
- why did you put the option for 1 GB as a choice? Is there some advantage?
- what is the difference between auto and unlimited? I transferred a Metroid Prime DLDVD (no ISO) to a WBFS file with the 'auto' option and it came out as one 7.6 GB file. Useless for me of course. I didn't try the 'unlimited' option, but I guess it will have the same result.

By the way, this Backup Manager rocks!
bow.gif

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
@Texita
Cheers, I'll download it now.

@retroguy
- why did you put the option for 1 GB as a choice? Is there some advantage?
It's just an option, there's no real reason for it. IIRC, someone asked for it, but I'm not sure.
smile.gif

- what is the difference between auto and unlimited? I transferred a Metroid Prime DLDVD (no ISO) to a WBFS file with the 'auto' option and it came out as one 7.6 GB file. Useless for me of course. I didn't try the 'unlimited' option, but I guess it will have the same result.
"Auto" will be unlimited for NTFS and 4GB for FAT32. So with your test, you obviously used an NTFS drive. The 4GB split would be the most compatible size because it works on NTFS or FAT32 just the same.

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fig2k4 said:
"Auto" will be unlimited for NTFS and 4GB for FAT32. So with your test, you obviously used an NTFS drive.

Yes, that is correct, I transferred the file to my internal HD, which is NTFS. Thanks for the explaination.
rolleyes.gif

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
I had a light bulb moment as soon as I didn't have access to a PC and your log confirms it.
smile.gif

There's nothing wrong with the *.wbfs files, but the *.wb1 files are missing, hence the total file size is wrong, giving the sector count error. It only happens with the games over 4 gig because they're the only ones that have the split.

I need to know how you transferred these files to the drive. If you copied them manually using Windows Explorer, then you forgot the *.wb1 files. If there was an error with WBM, maybe during renaming, then there should be some *.wb1 file on your drive in the wrong place. Have a look in Windows Explorer to see if there's any *.wb1 files.

yes i use to see a *.wb1 but i accidentally delete off the hard drive. i thought the .wb1 are the one causing the error when my wii crush. sp what am i gonna do since i delete it. I don't have the iso since i delete to save space after converting to wbfs.

How i transfer? i have an iso from a friend. i use WBM to transfer from iso to wbfs to my internal hard drive. I did not touch the setting in the WBM. After everything transferred. i plug my extHD, click Add and transfer wbfs to extHD. WBM create a wbfs folder. the transfer was successful.

Oh my 1Tb WD was format as FAT32.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
phillyguy said:
yes i use to see a *.wb1 but i accidentally delete off the hard drive. i thought the .wb1 are the one causing the error when my wii crush. sp what am i gonna do since i delete it. I don't have the iso since i delete to save space after converting to wbfs.

How i transfer? i have an iso from a friend. i use WBM to transfer from iso to wbfs to my internal hard drive. I did not touch the setting in the WBM. After everything transferred. i plug my extHD, click Add and transfer wbfs to extHD. WBM create a wbfs folder. the transfer was successful.

phillyguy,

if you lost the wb1 file you have no other choice but to rip it again.
there is no way to rebuild it without having the file or the dvd.

sorry to be the one bringing the bad news.

R

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
redia said:
phillyguy said:

phillyguy,

if you lost the wb1 file you have no other choice but to rip it again.
there is no way to rebuild it without having the file or the dvd.

sorry to be the one bringing the bad news.

R

Thanks. is ok i can borrow from my friend again..

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@phillyguy
I'm glad we found the problem at least.
smile.gif
The wbf1 files are needed because FAT32 can only use files up to 4GB. Anything over the 4 GB threshold needs to be split into another file. By deleting the wb1 files, part of the game would be missing anyway, so I don't see the point of recovering it. As Redia explained, the only solution is to rip those games again.

@icebrg5
That should be easy enough if I just use the file info; Created,Modified,Accessed.

@all
I've tested the cover download queue and it seems to work fine. I'm just thinking of some functions to add..

1. Set custom cover folders, languages etc. in the settings dialog.
2. On each page, have a download all/selected/missing in the menu.
3. Export all covers for loaded drive or list. So you can have an offline copy of all covers and store only needed covers on a FAT32 drive.
4. Maybe have a new tab for the "job" queue. To see what's actually happening with the cover downloads.
5. Any suggestions..

The covers can be automatically downloaded when you highlight an entry in the list too. I'll have an option to turn that on/off.

If you used the "testdb" parameter, you would've seen the cover display I planned to use. I'm not happy with it, it's too slow, so I'll probably dig out the old code to see if it's better. I'll definitely need to come up with something else.

I'm not exactly sure yet how everything works with the loaders. eg. Where the covers should be for the different loaders. I've also never tried using covers from a FAT32 drive either, so I'll figure that out as I go..

I was thinking about giving the transfers an overhaul too. Using the Queue system, if anything goes wrong with 1 transfer, the others won't be affected like sometimes happens now with the thread randomly terminating early. I'd show all the transfers on the job queue tab. It would show the active transfers/downloads in a list at the top, with the queue at the bottom.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Some of my games on CFG don't have full covers for PAL release's, I'd like to be able to use the NTSC covers for these games.

nnnop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot of Wii games. I use Wii Backup Manager all the time. I have 6 hard drives with games on them. I would like to see an export template that can merge the list and sort it. Or scan the drives to make sure there are no doubles. Something automatic instead of searching through every drive. Hope this makes sense.

This program is awesome! Taz... I use your export HTML table

Generally, I select drive 1 and drive 2. Select all games from drive 1, transfer all games to drive 2. The program comes up saying 'IDIOT you cannot copy doubles!' Then I select the doubles and remove them. This does not fix the region code of the game being duplicated!

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@chop
With the language/region order in the settings, you'll be able to change the preferred order. The game ID will be changed accordingly, because there's no point trying to download a PAL cover from the US section etc.

For example, if your preferred order is NTSC then PAL. With Animal Crossing PAL, the ID is RUUP01. So I'd search for /US/RUUE01.png, then /EN/RUUP01.png. You can see I've changed the ID depending on the region of the cover searched for.

That'll allow you to get different region covers for games.

@nnnop
Once I finish the database, I'll be able to keep track of any "seen" games. You'll then be able to filter by this criteria and export a list of all your games without needing any of the drives.

Generally, I select drive 1 and drive 2. Select all games from drive 1, transfer all games to drive 2. The program comes up saying 'IDIOT you cannot copy doubles!' Then I select the doubles and remove them.
It's probably better to select->items not on drive 2, then invert selection. That'll give you a selection of doubles.

The automatic duplicate check would be tricky, I'll need to think it through.
smile.gif

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
LxTrix said:
Can we have a search bar where as you type something it scrolls down to those letters automatically.....
LxTrix,

the search is already included.
simply start typing and you will scroll down..

Cheers.
R

nnnop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the new feature about the 'seen' games! In a round a bout way, what you suggested I do. I just was not at the computer I use for Wii games at the time. I am just glad you could understand what I meant. Sorry to make it a bit more challenging
smile.gif
By the amount of changes from build to build, this is by far the most amount of progress for a new version of any program I have ever seen!

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
@fig2k4, regarding the covers download function , will you set up several default folders
for 2D/3D/disc/Full covers ? EX: covers , covers/3D , covers/disc , covers/Full

It will be great to have an automatically cover download option when we move cursor
to highlight a game.

I am expecting to see/test the new 0.3.7 ..............

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@icebrg5
You can edit the templates however you like. Just add/remove the tokens you need.

I forgot that I haven't included the info for the templates since before version 0.3. This Template-Layout document should help, or maybe just confuse you.
smile.gif
After looking at the existing templates, you should get the idea.

@airline38
The different covers styles will have that layout.

I think downloading the covers when you hover over the entry might be a bit much, I was thinking about downloading them when you click on an entry.

I've replace the cover display with something that looks exactly the same, except using OpenGL or DirectX, your choice. DirectX needs to be updated though to use it, I use some extensions in my engine that aren't available with the standard version that's installed with Windows. I'll probably add a 3D display later..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica